Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 01-01-2012, 10:05 PM   #1
I, Vettezuki

Default Some Changes for Motorgen

Howdy Ya'lls,

Since many of you have been around for years and we're a fairly small but closer knit group, I just wanted to give you a heads up. SeanPlunk, 1 of 3 as founders of the site goes, just doesn't have any time for the site between growing family and work responsibilities. Not to fear, I've talked it over with the other fellow and we're going to double down to see if we can make the site grow. However, as I want to turn more focus on some internal technical details and bring the site up to more state of the art standards and promotion, as well as complete project car(s), I won't have time for handling cruises and what not for a while. All this means for you dear users, is that it could be sometime before we resume regular cruises, but if all goes according to plan, the site should improve and grow dramatically within the year.

You can help by proselytizing. Go forth and spread the word.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 01-01-2012, 10:57 PM   #2
pain's fun, hit me again

So why cant cruises continue to happen?
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

Stopping the world!
Old 01-01-2012, 11:03 PM   #3

They can , Guy. Just not with Ben's help. It would be up to other members, like us, to plan and pull off the events.
Old 01-01-2012, 11:06 PM   #4
That's Mr. Bitch to you.

Is Sean out altogether I have been noticing fewer posts by the plunk but I didn't think he would ever just quit. I say pass on the rains to Adam aka. Leedom. he has made probably more cruises than anyone on here.

2012 Sand Storm (Toy Hauler)
2008 Cadillac STS-V (The Car)
2008 2500 HD Silverado (The Work Truck)
2008 Honda TRX400 (Her Bike)
2006 Honda TRX450R (The Bike)
2005 Mazda 3 2.3L (Her Car)
2003 2500 HD Duramax (The Truck)

P.S. Fuck Apple.
Old 01-01-2012, 11:07 PM   #5
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdracer73 View Post
They can , Guy. Just not with Ben's help. It would be up to other members, like us, to plan and pull off the events.
Thats what I was thinking, didnt think it would have to change.

I'd love to make more meets, but I need a vehicle first....
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

Stopping the world!
Old 01-01-2012, 11:17 PM   #6
Graphics B*tch

I might be able to pull off the cruises. I would probably still rely on Sean a little but I personally think that some more meet only months might work out as well.

'13 Ford Fusion SE (2.0L EcoBoost)(Conor)

'03 Zinc Yellow Mach 1(Yazmine)
290HP / 305TQ
1/4 mile ET: 13.28 @ 101MPH (1.867 60')

'99 White F-150 (4.6L)(Bud Jr.)-gone but never forgotten
Old 01-01-2012, 11:18 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane View Post
So why cant cruises continue to happen?
‘Ya know what, they can.
Ortega Highway: January 8, 2012 (Time?) Meet Here: 27324 Ortega Hwy., San Juan Capistrano. Easy, fun run; no snow…
Old 01-01-2012, 11:39 PM   #8
I, Vettezuki

Of course cruises can happen, no one needs my permission. It's just that I can't be of much help in putting them together, promoting them (something Sean did on other sites, as well as dyno days, and no, he does not have this kind of time at all), etc. What I can do is of course put them on calendar, make banners, push to FB. I can't go on thirthy plus sites, bumping threads, or even necessarily attend, taking and editing video/pics, IF I'm going to be spending as much time as I want to improve the underlying system, studying and working on how else to promote the site, develop project cars, etc. In fact my work load at work has taken a substantial bump so even this is going to be a push, but fortunately I don't sleep, have no kids, and have no social life to speak of.

Yes, Sean is out completely for any work requirements (expected of owners obviously). He is of course forever welcome at anything we do, and if his situation changes down the road to avail him of extra time again, the door will likely be open. But for now it's me and a secret partner as far as core work, money, and time keeping it up and pushing it forward.

Naturally, the more you guys can do on your own, like putting together cruises, the better the community will be.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 01-02-2012, 12:22 AM   #9
pain's fun, hit me again

Hmmm, if someone wants to buy a testicle and a kidney i can get a vehicle going and attend cruises

Stopping the world!
Old 01-02-2012, 04:06 AM   #10

Cruises should be pretty easy. There is an easier way to promote them than just having someone take over Sean's grueling job of posting in 30+ forums. In the planning thread for the cruise after we all agree on location, date, and time a banner and info post should be made (still up to the task Ben?). From there each member should create a topic on the other forums they frequent and paste that post in.

This is what I've been doing on the various miata forums for awhile now, but with Sean now gone everyone else needs to do the same.

(I'm also not sure if my post just made grammatical sense. It's 4 AM and my mind is playing tricks on me.)