Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 12-17-2008, 03:17 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRUTAL64 View Post
You might want to ask the next question. Those stations that do have monitors, do you actually watch them?????
Usually in a.m on way to work. Only 1 station I go to has monitors and if I remember in time i don't go there 'cause the ad's drive me nuts
Old 12-18-2008, 10:24 PM   #12
Super Moderator

I always fill up at Kraemer and Orangethorpe. Closest, and cheapest to me. The cheapest non-Arco gas station near us is actually the 76 station on Imperial and St College. You would think that having such a sweet location they would charge more, guess not.

I rarely fill up at stations with monitors. And I only watch them if something cool is on, like a movie preview.
Old 12-22-2008, 09:00 AM   #13

I pump at the chevrons the most and i don watch the monitors, i like when they pass the weather that way i know how the next day is going to be since i usually pump at night.

Best Trap Speed 89.67MPH on Nitto Street Tires
Old 12-22-2008, 04:47 PM   #14
Power's off.

At night-afternoon at a Mobil.
Yes, I watch the dam monitors. Nothing else to do then. Smart captive advertising.
Going to switch to Chevron though. Mobil just added Ethanol. The Vette doesn't care for it. Neither does the truck.
Old 12-22-2008, 05:28 PM   #15
Heart Attack

OK i'm lost here.Are you guys saying the fuel stations have TV monitors at the pump Am i following you correctly?
Old 12-22-2008, 05:36 PM   #16
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwplot34 View Post
OK i'm lost here.Are you guys saying the fuel stations have TV monitors at the pump Am i following you correctly?

Yes, at least here in CA, many stations have video monitors at the pump that play some form of programming. Anybody can buy ad time on them, and I thought maybe, just maybe if we could come up with a slick sequence, it would be an interesting and effective way to reach potential users for the site.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 12-22-2008, 05:44 PM   #17
Heart Attack

WOW I must have missed that when i was out there last August for the Bird Run. I will have to have Jeff show me that when im out next year. The only thing i remember at the gas stations was $150 or more that kept showing up on the pump every time i stopped for diesel
Old 12-22-2008, 05:53 PM   #18
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
WOW I must have missed that when i was out there last August for the Bird Run. I will have to have Jeff show me that when im out next year. The only thing i remember at the gas stations was $150 or more that kept showing up on the pump every time i stopped for diesel
Yeah, its mighty cheaper now, even diesel, which I think is on its way to being eventually just about illegal in CA. Have to look it up, but our glorious AQMD is making more and more changes to the limp wristed fairy juice we call gasoline here.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 12-22-2008, 09:55 PM   #19
Heart Attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Yeah, its mighty cheaper now, even diesel, which I think is on its way to being eventually just about illegal in CA. Have to look it up, but our glorious AQMD is making more and more changes to the limp wristed fairy juice we call gasoline here.
Limp wristed fairy juice
thats to funny i have never herd it called that before

My favorite one is Motion Lotion, you have no motion without the lotion
Old 12-22-2008, 10:49 PM   #20
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Limp wristed fairy juice
thats to funny i have never herd it called that before . . .
Can't take credit for that one. I think I got that from Jeremy Clarkson on an episode of Top Gear about the Koenigsegg CCXR. He was referring to all American gas though.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)