Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 08-05-2009, 11:06 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Stock to stock? No. Highest levels of GT racing? No. In between on the street, there are definitely plenty of Evos at some wicked levels. The ones their owners didn't drive into the back of other cars at least. Ooohh snap! I think that's what the kids are saying these days.
i believe the phrase is "got em coach" and it wasnt a car it was a freakin honda pilot tank :-(.

on other news the car is back in my house and driving perfectly.

the only things i have to fix up are the

-a/c
-put a new drive shaft on the rear driver side axle. i guess in evo accidents its common for the speed sensor teeth to chip off and it makes ur ABS retarded.
-and get a new cd player b/c the shiesty ass shop decided my cheap ass pioneer face

after that just need to register it and insure its fat ass.

**Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car
**Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car
**Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall
**Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
Old 08-07-2009, 11:57 PM   #12

Send a message via AIM to BobsGSX
Default Hheeeeeeeyyyyy!!!!!!!!!

I just found the post. Look at my page man!! I hope you and your dsm will be there Saturday for the criuse... or at least the meet.
Email me, bobs1gdsm@yahoo.com or call me 714 482 8059.... there is an evo meet Wednesdays at the Kohls by Knotts berry farm which sometimes has a GSX or two and also a DSM meet every monday at the 605 and Firestone... I think thats the street
Old 08-08-2009, 07:51 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobsGSX View Post
I just found the post. Look at my page man!! I hope you and your dsm will be there Saturday for the criuse... or at least the meet.
Email me, bobs1gdsm@yahoo.com or call me 714 482 8059.... there is an evo meet Wednesdays at the Kohls by Knotts berry farm which sometimes has a GSX or two and also a DSM meet every monday at the 605 and Firestone... I think thats the street
Ive been to the Knotts meet a few times, always got kinda bolwn off. I guess that happens when you have a 3rd gen Eclipse showing up at an Evo meet.

OT here, I hear the 98-99s can reflash now, is this true? I heard you need the new Tactrix cable. I would get the new one, but $180 is too much when I have the old one already.

Boost, because sometimes atmospheric pressure just isn't enough.

"If it has tit's or tires, you can be pretty sure your going to have problems with them..."
Old 11-30-2009, 05:46 PM   #14

Im new to the site I was the candy apple red 95 talon TSI at the santigo canyon cruze. nice to see a few DSM lovers here. I go to some s2k meets and ill be attending some more of the Motorgen meets... belive me the DSM meets are all the same here in cali man all stickerd out POS's that saw a car on fast and furious and thought oh snapps i want that car mom! (95% of which are 2.0 NA) then there is the 2% of us who know what the hell we are talking about and just love the car. hope to meet ya next time man ill take ya for a spin list of my mods for ya (just cuz i lkike to see what other DSM's are rollin).

95 talon TSI AWD

2.3 stroker
1 G bottom end
2G top end
272 cams
Garrett full ball bearing 50 trim 30/76 (26psi)
44mm tial waste gate
shepp stage 3 trans
ACT full face street clutch
AEM stand alone
Greddy RS BOV
Custom intake
Greddy RS 3in exhaust
magnus intake manifold
B&M short throw
Koni adjustable struts
Eibach pro springs
Tanabe front and rear sways
Megan front and rear strut tower bars
800cc injectors
18 in Volk CE28N wrapped with Toyo T1R's
Old 11-30-2009, 06:40 PM   #15
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by OC4g63 View Post
Im new to the site I was the candy apple red 95 talon TSI at the santigo canyon cruze. nice to see a few DSM lovers here. I go to some s2k meets and ill be attending some more of the Motorgen meets... belive me the DSM meets are all the same here in cali man all stickerd out POS's that saw a car on fast and furious and thought oh snapps i want that car mom! (95% of which are 2.0 NA) then there is the 2% of us who know what the hell we are talking about and just love the car. hope to meet ya next time man ill take ya for a spin list of my mods for ya (just cuz i lkike to see what other DSM's are rollin).

95 talon TSI AWD

2.3 stroker
1 G bottom end
2G top end
272 cams
Garrett full ball bearing 50 trim 30/76 (26psi)
44mm tial waste gate
shepp stage 3 trans
ACT full face street clutch
AEM stand alone
Greddy RS BOV
Custom intake
Greddy RS 3in exhaust
magnus intake manifold
B&M short throw
Koni adjustable struts
Eibach pro springs
Tanabe front and rear sways
Megan front and rear strut tower bars
800cc injectors
18 in Volk CE28N wrapped with Toyo T1R's
Your car is gorgeous

ChrisDSM is going to be excited to see it
Old 11-30-2009, 07:11 PM   #16

heh thanks... ill be proud of it after i finish up the interrior and get my seats, and roll cage... but thats why its the "project car".

O BTW all the guys that asked for my painter hes a long time friend, his name is Steve Foster he owns moble paint and dent in huntinigton beach ca http://mobilepaint.net/ his personal line is 714-856-8287. They do an awsome job...but like all nice paint jobs they do take time so be prepaired to wait a bit to get it back. I would trust no one else to even touch my ride. They do alot of project cars so if you want to get a hook up price let me know and ill get you the buddy discount!
Old 11-30-2009, 07:20 PM   #17
Resident Avatar Gambler

Quote:
heh thanks... ill be proud of it after i finish up the interrior and get my seats, and roll cage... but thats why its the "project car".

O BTW all the guys that asked for my painter hes a long time friend, his name is Steve Foster he owns moble paint and dent in huntinigton beach ca http://mobilepaint.net/ his personal line is 714-856-8287. They do an awsome job...but like all nice paint jobs they do take time so be prepaired to wait a bit to get it back. I would trust no one else to even touch my ride. They do alot of project cars so if you want to get a hook up price let me know and ill get you the buddy discount!
If your car is any indication his work is very solid!

I have a question for you - are you running 26psi on pump gas, or is that a race gas tune? Do you know approx how much whp your car is putting out? I'd estimate maybe 450ish, but I don't know DSM's that well.
Old 11-30-2009, 07:48 PM   #18

yah its 26 psi on 91 pump gas...just running 5% richer than it needs to as a detonation buffer (better safe then sorry) but i have a 110 race fule tune for 29psi as well. on 26 psi its 400 AWHP/ 435T to the ground is about what we topped out at...crank is more but i prefer to give real numbers not BS it. 29psi is droppin closer to the 450 to the ground range. the 2.3 stroker kit with the turbo set up im running hits full boost just under 3k rpm. I could make more power if all i wanted to do was drag race but why drag an awd car or make it a freeway queen? its made to handle tracks thats why im doin a welded roll cage to stiffin up the frame even more. most of the drag guys run a GT 35 or 37R and they push 30-33 PSI but dont make their power till 4500 to 5000 rpm...to drive that on the street would just kill me because it would handle like crap through the canyon up here which me and "trymev8" go through all the time. Thats why I joined up through the canyon on the cruze I live rite there LOL.

95 Talon TSI. 91 Toyota MR2 Jspec turbo 05 lexus IS300
Old 11-30-2009, 07:51 PM   #19
Resident Avatar Gambler

Quote:
yah its 26 psi on 91 pump gas...just running 5% richer than it needs to as a detonation buffer (better safe then sorry) but i have a 110 race fule tune for 29psi as well. on 26 psi its 400 AWHP/ 435T to the ground is about what we topped out at...crank is more but i prefer to give real numbers not BS it. 29psi is droppin closer to the 450 to the ground range. the 2.3 stroker kit with the turbo set up im running hits full boost just under 3k rpm. I could make more power if all i wanted to do was drag race but why drag an awd car or make it a freeway queen? its made to handle tracks thats why im doin a welded roll cage to stiffin up the frame even more. most of the drag guys run a GT 35 or 37R and they push 30-33 PSI but dont make their power till 4500 to 5000 rpm...to drive that on the street would just kill me because it would handle like crap through the canyon up here which me and "trymev8" go through all the time. Thats why I joined up through the canyon on the cruze I live rite there LOL.
Very cool. Where do you go to race? Do you do like Buttonwillow or any other local tracks?
Old 11-30-2009, 08:03 PM   #20

Been to willow and FONTUKY but I drove my cuz's viper for those, iv only gotten to run the new build on the street and canyons thus far since I got the tunng all done....drove it one month for brake in time... then did all my fluids and whent rite into paint.....for 11 months! long story not the painters fault. (cureses upon PPG paint Fing up!) then my friggin lexus broke a wheel and i had to swap the talon wheels onto it since its the daily driver. so the talon got alot of garage time while my new volks were on order. I want to get some track days in since I missed out on 2 at spring mountian with the so cal viper club my cuz runs while my car was in paint. You guys do any track days with this crew? or just drags?

95 Talon TSI. 91 Toyota MR2 Jspec turbo 05 lexus IS300