Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 04-02-2009, 08:49 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post
If possible I'd like to leave a little earlier in order to make sure we get back in time. I'd also like to schedule one stop like last time to get everyone back together after the canyon. I am thinking of having everyone meet at 3:30 and leaving at 4. Paul, if you're late for any reason, we'll wait for you though
I will just book a phantom smog check for 2:30 that just happens to be a "no -show" .Then I can tell my boss I saved him $$$ by clocking out early !!
Old 04-02-2009, 09:29 AM   #32
Neanderthal

I don't have a front plate.

Look if there is any possible reason for us to pulled over, this is going to be a bust. We need another route. We will be at the mercy of a COP. I've never found that to be favorible.

How about Brea Canyon thru Carbon Canyon type route?.

Look I've been thru this shit many times, when they (powers that be) decide to shut down a crusing place or course, they will write you up fo everything possible. It's their call and that's NEVER good.
2016 Nissan Altma
Old 04-02-2009, 09:31 AM   #33
Neanderthal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
I think most of us are legal, or so stealthy it'd take a very savvy cop to know.
And if the COP does know his shit, then what?? This is NOT looking good.
2016 Nissan Altma
Old 04-02-2009, 09:33 AM   #34
Neanderthal

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlacknBoostn View Post
I'm gonna drive behind Brutal64
As long as I'm following the Yellow beast, you should be able to keep up.

You know I'm kidding??? Right????
2016 Nissan Altma
Old 04-02-2009, 10:47 AM   #35

Send a message via AIM to Deep-GXP

Believe me, this cop was power tripping. I told him I didnt have my bracket for the front plate and he said "Yeah that's what everyone says, get your front plate on and Get the hell off my mountain! and dont come back". So then i was like "well do i go straight ahead or back the way i came? Then he said something like "Just get off my mountain, yes go straight!"

His face was kinda like this ...no joke.

You cant even park up there without a parking pass. He was also giving tickets to people that were parked there before we even rolled up.
Old 04-02-2009, 10:53 AM   #36

Send a message via AIM to BobsGSX

hey Sean, my friend with an Evo told me the dyno day was not on the calender and ironically I was at GTpro yesterday, I even said something about it. I have my dads VR4, my friends evo, and a WRX wagon... maybe two
I noticed they removed your post on SoCal Evo and thats a bummer because thats where all the AWD Dyno whores are at. I really hope that we can get enough cars and if not maybe in the future... Then my car MAY be done, lol.
I am not able to sign in as often as I would like but I will keep checking....
Old 04-02-2009, 10:55 AM   #37
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobsGSX View Post
hey Sean, my friend with an Evo told me the dyno day was not on the calender and ironically I was at GTpro yesterday, I even said something about it. I have my dads VR4, my friends evo, and a WRX wagon... maybe two
I noticed they removed your post on SoCal Evo and thats a bummer because thats where all the AWD Dyno whores are at. I really hope that we can get enough cars and if not maybe in the future... Then my car MAY be done, lol.
I am not able to sign in as often as I would like but I will keep checking....
It fell through due to lack of response. We'll try again some day with a different approach perhaps, but it was lukewarm at best this time.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 04-02-2009, 11:00 AM   #38
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep-GXP View Post
Believe me, this cop was power tripping. I told him I didnt have my bracket for the front plate and he said "Yeah that's what everyone says, get your front plate on and Get the hell off my mountain! and dont come back". So then i was like "well do i go straight ahead or back the way i came? Then he said something like "Just get off my mountain, yes go straight!"

His face was kinda like this ...no joke.

You cant even park up there without a parking pass. He was also giving tickets to people that were parked there before we even rolled up.
"My mountain . . . " I do believe that would set me off.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 04-02-2009, 11:05 AM   #39
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRUTAL64 View Post
And if the COP does know his shit, then what?? This is NOT looking good.
Ok, how many people who are actually considering going are NOT legal?

I am. Sean is. Leedom is. You are. . . .

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 04-02-2009, 11:24 AM   #40
Neanderthal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Ok, how many people who are actually considering going are NOT legal?

I am. Sean is. Leedom is. You are. . . .
Legal by who's terms? If we are stopped and the COP is so inclined, they will find SOMETHING to write us up with. Right or wrong is not the point here, it is the hassle we will subject to. Some will get costly tickets other could just get fix it tickets. Either way I do not want to be subject to this. But, that's just me.

If the powers that be want us off that mountian they will get us off that mountain.
2016 Nissan Altma