Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 02-23-2009, 10:37 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by SexyLxy View Post
Yes, that is correct. Generally a car totals out when the damages exceed 70% of the market value. Do they know all the stuff you put into it? Did you find out what the estimate was that they wrote?
all i know for sure is that they estimated the damage at 20k

as for what market value they came up with for my car im assuming 28-31k so idk i wanna fight this its b/s

like for real i could do all the labor myself if the insurence will just pay for parts and for the shop to fix the radiator support and the steering column and air bags i can do the rest....those 3 things are the hardest part everything else is simple bolt on body panels

**Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car
**Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car
**Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall
**Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
Old 02-24-2009, 09:49 PM   #42

fuck that shop they got my fuckin evo totalled because they wanted to be greedy asses!!

they initially estimated 4 grand for labor, which sounded correct

but then when u look at the shit they listed in the must evaluate and inspect section they have every little thing on my car on there even taking out the engine and tranny and inspecting it!! WTF!!! they are fine

and then they wrote down 6500 to buy a whole new front clip and then added 1500 more for some 20% mark up bullshit

fuckin tweekers would do that when all i needed was the fuckin radiator support area which ive alread found 2 guys that would have let me have theres for 100 bucks, and then they go off on how a steering wheel is 1500 which is true but like thats the new price they didnt even put a remanufacted one or hell i know a mitsu dealer that gives 30% discounts to socal evo members. and then they wrote down new dash which im not gonna argue with them on but they put new??? when again those same 2 guys would let me have there evo dashes for a few hundred. like wtf they did even wanna try and save this car i even talked to some asshole there about me helping to find parts for cheaper sense i know so many sources!!

and then my insurence totalled the fuckin car because they're stupid car estimate company they used compared my car to a bunch of fucking lancers again. i even told her over the phone dies the report show comparisons with normal lancers because my car isnt a normal lancer its an evolution SE and she paused and then studdered and then said well one of them says evolution i x and i said do u mean the roman numeral 9? and she said yes and has the letters RS next to that like WTF??? they arent even comparing it to a similar car in there report and they valued it at 23,xxx

well i said the estimate is to fucken high and i know of places *which i showed shop 1's estimate too and they said wtf??? we can do that for much cheaper* that said that the estimate was too high, and i told her the value was too low, and that my car should have a totalled title on it so i asked can this me taken off and re-evaluated and the car re-assesed at another shop and she said no sorry once the salvage title is on there we cant take it off!

WTF for real what the holy fuck kinda stupid shit is that?

really there has to be away around this? sxylxy for real tell me something i wanna hear ive been trying to look up info on this and hit dead ends?

Old 02-24-2009, 09:55 PM   #43
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by st-evo-9*corn fed-8urvet* View Post
fuck that shop they got my fuckin evo totalled because they wanted to be greedy asses!!

but then when u look at the shit they listed in the must evaluate and inspect section they have every little thing on my car on there even taking out the engine and tranny and inspecting it!! WTF!!! they are fine

and then they wrote down 6500 to buy a whole new front clip and then added 1500 more for some 20% mark up bullshit

fuckin tweekers would do that when all i needed was the fuckin radiator support area which ive alread found 2 guys that would have let me have theres for 100 bucks, and then they go off on how a steering wheel is 1500 which is true but like thats the new price they didnt even put a remanufacted one or hell i know a mitsu dealer that gives 30% discounts to socal evo members. and then they wrote down new dash which im not gonna argue with them on but they put new??? when again those same 2 guys would let me have there evo dashes for a few hundred. like wtf they did even wanna try and save this car i even talked to some asshole there about me helping to find parts for cheaper sense i know so many sources!!

and then my insurence totalled the fuckin car because they're stupid car estimate company they used compared my car to a bunch of fucking lancers again. i even told her over the phone dies the report show comparisons with normal lancers because my car isnt a normal lancer its an evolution SE and she paused and then studdered and then said well one of them says evolution i x and i said do u mean the roman numeral 9? and she said yes and has the letters RS next to that like WTF??? they arent even comparing it to a similar car in there report and they valued it at 23,xxx

well i said the estimate is to fucken high and i know of places *which i showed shop 1's estimate too and they said wtf??? we can do that for much cheaper* that said that the estimate was too high, and i told her the value was too low, and that my car should have a totalled title on it so i asked can this me taken off and re-evaluated and the car re-assesed at another shop and she said no sorry once the salvage title is on there we cant take it off!

really there has to be away around this? sxylxy for real tell me something i wanna hear ive been trying to look up info on this and hit dead ends?
Hmmm, I would think you would be able to at least get a 2nd opinion....

I don't understand how that would really impact the insurance company. Hell, it may even end up costing them less that way
Old 02-24-2009, 10:36 PM   #44

they told me that i was able to get a second opionion on the car from another shop[ of my choice but it the agent made it sound like as if it wouldnt have any baring on the totalled title on my car?? like wtf.

weither way im not the name on the car so i pretty much gave my mother all this info and she is even more pissed then i am and she is gonna get her yell on with them sense she has more pull. also at one time being an E8 1st sgt in the army didnt hurt her yelling and munipulation skills either.

so ya im hoping this wall all be over turned

also the second shop imma take it to is another state farm backed shop in fontana that did alot of body work for my dad when he was in an accident a while ago and they love my dad even to the point where they paid his 1000 dollar diductable. idk y the hell i just didnt take my car there in the first place.

at first glance at shop number 1's estimate they knew they could already cut 4grand off. i made a big mistake by not taking to them first fuck im so pissed

Old 02-24-2009, 11:22 PM   #45
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
they told me that i was able to get a second opionion on the car from another shop[ of my choice but it the agent made it sound like as if it wouldnt have any baring on the totalled title on my car?? like wtf.

weither way im not the name on the car so i pretty much gave my mother all this info and she is even more pissed then i am and she is gonna get her yell on with them sense she has more pull. also at one time being an E8 1st sgt in the army didnt hurt her yelling and munipulation skills either.

so ya im hoping this wall all be over turned

also the second shop imma take it to is another state farm backed shop in fontana that did alot of body work for my dad when he was in an accident a while ago and they love my dad even to the point where they paid his 1000 dollar diductable. idk y the hell i just didnt take my car there in the first place.

at first glance at shop number 1's estimate they knew they could already cut 4grand off. i made a big mistake by not taking to them first fuck im so pissed
Your moma was an E8, what the hell happened to you? Ah jk. For them it's just dollars and cents, they really really don't care about anything else. Pitch it so they come out a winner and you get your way.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 02-25-2009, 06:04 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Your moma was an E8, what the hell happened to you? Ah jk. For them it's just dollars and cents, they really really don't care about anything else. Pitch it so they come out a winner and you get your way.
lol ya my mom was an e8 and she actually made E8 relatively quick i forgot the time but from the way she tells the story if note worthy, and my dad was an E9 in the army, and a high way patrol, so ya really wheren't expecting me hahah

but anywho ya as you can tell this has been bugging me so much i cant sleep.

well i guess we shall see how today goes.

Old 02-25-2009, 08:22 AM   #47

Send a message via AIM to SexyLxy

Quote:

Well....I would like to say that I have good news for you but I'm thinking that I don't.

In the eyes of your insurance company they think you have a factory optioned mitsubishi evo. Stock evo engine, stock evo parts,...and so on. That is the vehicle that you pay your premiums for.

Being that you have added all these extra additional items, parts, and have built up your engine, your insurance company doesn't care. They again think you have a stock evo vehicle and that is the vehicle they are going to evaluate and write up.

If you're wanting to get the amount that your vehicle is "worth" which yes, it's worth a lot more than what your insurance company is going to give you, you would need to buy back the salvage and part out what you have which will make up the difference that your vehicle is worth.

***Let this be a lesson to all who have built up vehicles with "standard insurance polices."

You're going to get what you pay for. If you start porting, adding turbos, adding cams, and so on, your insurance company sees the vehicle as a factory vehicle. Should you decide to go the route and build up your car, you're going to need to take out a seperate insurance policy probably with a different company to cover all the additional parts and work that you have put into your vehicle.

I'm sorry about all this news....I know it totally sucks. I know I look like the devil right now, but in all fairness, it's not the insurance company that is dick'n ya around. When you purchased your policy with the insurance company, you purchased it for a a stock lancer evo.

Best option at this point, would be to buy back the vehicle and part it out.

(But if your insurance company is only evaluating the value of your vehicle based upon just a "lancer" I would demand that they re-evaluate that sucker ASAP for an evo.)
Old 02-25-2009, 09:28 AM   #48

Send a message via AIM to BobsGSX

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
You might be able to buy the car back from the insurance company if they do total it. Then just pay the difference to get it fixed.

If I were you, I'd let it go. Build another one, bigger and badder. Tough luck man, be happy that you can still walk. That's all that's important.
I understand you want it back, and Im also praying for you. But dont forget guys, you cant just go buy a new evo 9 to make bigger and badder. Plus Steve said this was his most successful car yet, buying another 9 could be the worst idea ever.... What if it has been through more than this one?
Old 02-25-2009, 10:49 AM   #49
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Cornfed, on a different note if you're looking for a Genesis Coupe I have a guy who can help you. His name is Steve Cooke and he works for Douglas Hyundai in Santa Ana. He is one of my friend's at work dad and is a cool guy. His phone # is 714-814-9005 and the address of the dealership is 1405 Auto Mall Dr, Santa Ana CA.

Sorry again about the Evo, it's really horrible the way everything is going down
Old 02-25-2009, 11:41 AM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post
Cornfed, on a different note if you're looking for a Genesis Coupe I have a guy who can help you. His name is Steve Cooke and he works for Douglas Hyundai in Santa Ana. He is one of my friend's at work dad and is a cool guy. His phone # is 714-814-9005 and the address of the dealership is 1405 Auto Mall Dr, Santa Ana CA.

Sorry again about the Evo, it's really horrible the way everything is going down

thanks man ill probably be asking you for that number in a few months when the version of gen coupe comes out that i want.

and sxylxy-

ya i know mods dont add to much to any value to a car at all.

but they tryed to pull the same crap on my old 04 evo when it got totalled

they compared it against 13 lancers and 2 base model evo rs models, and came up with the car being worth 21k well i got made and said thats way too low and y arent you comparing cars that are similar to mine? and we got our own appraiser and fought the insurence and got the price raised to 28k

so imma have to do the same thing with this evo because 23k is way too low.

so my plan for now is to get them to raise the value of the car and get a second opinion from another shop....once those prices have been adjusted to there proper place hopefully we can fight for them to undo what they did, my mom said if she needs to sue them for totaling out a vihical because the numbers where improperly handled she will to get it off the title and fixed.

so we shall see how it goes now im off to go drive around in the starion for a bit