Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 04-15-2010, 11:54 PM   #1
Super Moderator

Default Lets talk about auto insurance rates.

Sean and Alexis are not allowed in this thread, neither is Jack. Because they're all biased, JK.

So since every auto insurance company claims to have cheaper rates than any other company, I thought to myself... some of them are probably fibbing. So what have you guys found?

When I was going to buy that GSXR I found that first of all, a lot of auto insurance companies want nothing to do with motorcycles, but for those that did, Geico was the cheapest. Significantly.
Old 04-16-2010, 12:47 AM   #2

I found that I have to pay almost double to insure my 140hp 2003 Honda Accord than my 469hp Cadillac STS-V. Although my daughter is the primary driver on the Honda and I am the primary driver on the STS-V, I did not expect that the insurance on STS-V to remain fairly low.

Bob

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2003 Honda Accord EX
1973 Datsun 240Z

Old 04-16-2010, 01:05 AM   #3
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedhead View Post
I found that I have to pay almost double to insure my 140hp 2003 Honda Accord than my 469hp Cadillac STS-V. Although my daughter is the primary driver on the Honda and I am the primary driver on the STS-V, I did not expect that the insurance on STS-V to remain fairly low.

Bob
It's all about the actuarial defining risk for a given product. Corvettes have relatively low insurance too. Why? Because mostly old guys drive them, not very much or very hard. Hondas have sky high insurance mostly because they're a primary target of theft for black market parts.

I've been combined on Mercury for Auto and Home for years. All cheap. I think I have something like Foremost for the motorcycle. I purchased through AIS.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 04-16-2010, 01:49 AM   #4

I was with Progressive and when i added the GTO, when insurance was at $2600 a year for full coverage on the gto, eclipse and a corolla. I heard Wawanesa was pretty cheap. I now pay $1400 a year for better coverage and a lower deductible. I guess they are pretty good for bike owners too.

Boost, because sometimes atmospheric pressure just isn't enough.

"If it has tit's or tires, you can be pretty sure your going to have problems with them..."
Old 04-16-2010, 06:57 AM   #5
Internet Tough Guy

I pay $2400 for both the vette and truck. Full coverage with Esurance. I do have a couple of tickets and two claims.
Old 04-19-2010, 12:03 PM   #6
Boost Junkie

I pay 1200ish a year with Progressive, full coverage.

Best ET 14.668 see timeslip
Mods to come: rims + rubber, intercooler, piping, Stage 3 equivelent turbo system with aftermarket turbo and all supporting systems. Goal HP: 400fwhp Goal ET: 11.90 on slicks.

<guy in turbo eclipse>
I'd race ya, but you'd eat me up dawg!!!
Old 04-19-2010, 12:10 PM   #7
Graphics B*tch

I pay AAA for full coverage on the truck and mustang about $2,100 a year.

'13 Ford Fusion SE (2.0L EcoBoost)(Conor)

'03 Zinc Yellow Mach 1(Yazmine)
290HP / 305TQ
1/4 mile ET: 13.28 @ 101MPH (1.867 60')

'99 White F-150 (4.6L)(Bud Jr.)-gone but never forgotten
Old 04-19-2010, 05:50 PM   #8
That's Mr. Bitch to you.

Farmers about 1700 a year full coverage 500 deductible.
Old 04-19-2010, 07:14 PM   #9
Internet Tough Guy

I had Gieco and they were head and shoulders more expensive than any other insurance I could find. So I got a great rate with progressive. When I deployed I left my truck with my sister and her husband. He had totaled another care a few years earlier so my rate went up, but it WAS only for six months so I didn't mind. Well a year later I noticed that progressive was increasing my rate every time I had a new policy and was still counting my brother in laws accident against my. I called and complained and they told me that it really would change anything. At the time I had no claims or tickets for 6 years. So i left them and went to Esurance. They have been great. I really recommend them.
Old 04-19-2010, 07:49 PM   #10
Fast & Filthy

I have Mercury with coverage for the Cobra, Chevelle, Suburban, Explorer and my home. I'm not sure what I pay because my wife handles all the bills (I just make the money) but I know that she looked around to see if we could get it cheaper and no one could even come close to what we are paying.