Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 01-02-2011, 02:59 PM   #11
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorrodedConformity View Post
Ryridesmotox, that's cool you're in Carlsbad. What part? I'm off of Lomas Santa Fe, just east of the 5.

I don't do many meets - I believe I've only done two SoCal Supras meets and GReddy Fest a few months ago in the 4+ years I've lived here. If you want to hang out some time, though, I'm up for that.

From your name, I'd guess you have a bike. What do you ride?

Yup, New Hampshire it is. I'd like to be there before fall this year for a number of reasons: I've got a few good friends and a bunch of their friends live there - some of which I know - in the Keene area, there's no state sales tax, no state income tax, I love the geography there and I miss snow and four real seasons (I lived in MI for many years).
In a different set of circumstances, I'd be on my to NH as well, probably Keene, but maybe Grafton, or on the flip side one of the "big" cities, probably Manchester. As it is, down the road, I'll see if I can get a bit of farm land there for me mum to retire instead of Wisconsin. One of the schools my little sister applied to was Dartmouth, so maybe I'll have a good excuse to at least visit NH in the coming years.

Are you gonna open up a shop there? Maybe if you're in Keene you could draw from Boston.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 01-03-2011, 03:55 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorrodedConformity View Post
Ryridesmotox, that's cool you're in Carlsbad. What part? I'm off of Lomas Santa Fe, just east of the 5.

From your name, I'd guess you have a bike. What do you ride?
Well I pretty much live off the intersection of the I-5 and HWY 78. Across the street from the mall there.

Right now I have a Husqvarna TC 250... I like weird niche things. Like my bike, my suburban, my car, my last streetbike (1997 Buell X1). The past bikes were YZ80, KX125, YZ450, YFZ450, CR250 and I have ridden tons of other ones. I worked at motopro back in the day so I got to ride lots of bike with guys in the desert and such. I got a great deal on the 06 husky though, $6000 out the door, with all the goodies, Marzocchi shiver fork, Ohlins shock, magura jack hydrolic pull clutch, Arrow titanium exhaust, really good set up bike. Its the first thing I have ever owned that I haven't modded at all.

The Race Car lol: 2004 Cadillac CTS-V... With things.

Better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6.
Old 01-06-2011, 07:10 AM   #13

I get the niche stuff, man. Husqvarnas are cool in their own right and not at all shabby in the performance department. That's a hell of a deal you got on it, as well.

If you know anyone who might want an '07 CRF250R that's basically stock with a Faction MX SS intake valve kit, I've got one for them. It's got low hours, never been raced and only has slightly dinged up plastic and one tweaked radiator that doesn't leak.

I see you're rocking some 4" exhaust piping on your Suburban. Nice man. I've got a 4" cat-back that I originally bought for my '97 Supra that I'll be mating up to my '91 Supra once the engine swap is done. I can't wait to have that Burns Stainless muffler back there at a nice angle.
Old 01-06-2011, 10:11 AM   #14

Yea the exhaust on my truck is a 3" downpipe that goes to a 4" straight pipe its pretty loud haha. How much do you want for the CFR? I know a guy who wants to buy my bike but I'm not selling haha.

Old 01-07-2011, 12:31 PM   #15

Welcome, I have an 89' and also ride street on a FZR600
Old 01-07-2011, 09:27 PM   #16

Craig, are you going to the Palomar Mountain run this Sunday? It's close to home for you and me. Cruise up, or we will find you.

Old 01-08-2011, 12:14 AM   #17
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryridesmotox View Post
Craig, are you going to the Palomar Mountain run this Sunday? It's close to home for you and me. Cruise up, or we will find you.
If he doesn't get a chance to answer, I'll answer. I'm pretty sure he's a com'n.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 01-08-2011, 01:21 AM   #18

Haha cool

Old 01-08-2011, 01:36 PM   #19

Ry (Ryan?), I'll be there. I invited a few Supra buddies, but I haven't heard anything solid from them yet. It's quicker for me to take Del Dios Highway, but if you want to hook up near or at your house and cruise out from there, I'll do that.

I'll fire you a PM with my number.