Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 08-06-2012, 09:33 PM   #51

Yea true. But there are a lot more boosted 4 bangers that run around on the streets than Turbo V8 cars. With the exception of diesel v8s of course, lots of them. I can't wait til I put a kenne bell on the cts-v

The Race Car lol: 2004 Cadillac CTS-V... With things.

Better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6.
Old 08-06-2012, 09:47 PM   #52
pain's fun, hit me again

I wouldnt put a kenne bell on my lawn mower.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!
Old 08-06-2012, 10:27 PM   #53

Our turbo just can't flow enough air to make anywhere close to 400. The gtx2876r can get us close, but we need a gtx3071r at 22-24psi and about a 3 gal mix of e85 to get to 400/400.

If i had the money I'd build a twin turbo 03 mach 1

Eibach Pro Kit, AEM CAI, Midevil TIP, Custom CBE, Custom Midpipe with E-cutout, Corksport DP, PTP Fuel Pump Internals, Cobb AP, HKS v2 bov, JBR SSP, step 1 colder denso plugs, tune on 18psi....301whp 338 wtq.
Rebuilt Engine, Pauter rods, CP pistions with .020 overbore, ARP main and head studs, Cosmetic Headgasket, SD/cpe injector seals, ACT 6 puck sprung Clutch and lightweight flywheel, FMIC, RMM, Tranny Mount, gound wireing kit. soon to come - koni yellows, retune....
Old 08-06-2012, 10:51 PM   #54
pain's fun, hit me again

Holy crap, 24lbs to make 400hp?
That has got to be a ton of stress on the engine.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!
Old 08-07-2012, 09:22 AM   #55

On a stock block...ehh there are a lot of ppl running that boost/power. There are a couple guys running 450+ with 28psi. And 1 guy with 500+ with a gt35r at 32psi all on stock block.

Our motors don't flow very well but they are strong.

Eibach Pro Kit, AEM CAI, Midevil TIP, Custom CBE, Custom Midpipe with E-cutout, Corksport DP, PTP Fuel Pump Internals, Cobb AP, HKS v2 bov, JBR SSP, step 1 colder denso plugs, tune on 18psi....301whp 338 wtq.
Rebuilt Engine, Pauter rods, CP pistions with .020 overbore, ARP main and head studs, Cosmetic Headgasket, SD/cpe injector seals, ACT 6 puck sprung Clutch and lightweight flywheel, FMIC, RMM, Tranny Mount, gound wireing kit. soon to come - koni yellows, retune....
Old 08-07-2012, 09:33 AM   #56

With the cobalts, you can throw ridiculous amounts of boost at the engines as long as you have a H20/meth injections. There are 9 second balts running around with 600+ whp on stock blocks. They need some Carillo rodsd though as the stock rods will start bending at like 550-ish whp. The most I have seen on a stock turbo is like 425wtrq and about 380whp. That was on 26psi with straight E85 on an LNF. And that was a car I was helping tune. Its a Saturn Sky Redline (watch out for the black one with white strips, tis a beast.

Guy, just FYI there are a few 800-900whp cobalts running around the streets lol. Look up ZZP. They build literally some of the fastest FWD cars ever. on cobalt started life as a 06 SS supercharged balt. It then got a MASSIVE turbo, runs like 50psi on a stock-ish (girdled) block with a new lower end and some head work with cams. they were trying to break the block and just kept turning the boost up, but they ended up popping the head gasket instead. I love how strong this little motor is.

http://shop.zzperformance.com/store/default.aspx

Granted these full setups cost like 10k but for less than $30000 you can have a car that is about as fast as anything out there. And you can get it in a RWD platform as long as you don't mind running around in a Saturn sky or a pontiac solstice. haha ew

Old 08-07-2012, 09:47 AM   #57
pain's fun, hit me again

Holding the power or not, its still alot of stress on an engine, any engine. I'd be willing to be most of those are 3 season engines, if that. Plus all you hear about are the cool ones making the big power, not the dozen or so to that one who blow their shit up trying to get there. IE the OP. I'm not saying its not an impressive feat. Just seems like a whole lot of work to be at a disadvantage from the start. I'm not saying i wouldnt have one as a sporty DD but I wouldnt go beyond a tune a bolt ons either.

Stopping the world!
Old 08-07-2012, 10:59 AM   #58

Yeah but it's nice to see the look on the guys face with a bolt on ls1 02 Camaro when you beat him :-)

I'm not looking for big power out of this car. I plain on getting a gtx3071r and throw 26-28psi at it and see where it lands me.

We are just now starting to experiment with cams on this platform. One company makes some but only offer one option. 10 ppl are getting custom cams and I'm watching closely and trying to learn as much as I can so when I do it I know what to get and expect.

Old 08-07-2012, 12:30 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane View Post
Holding the power or not, its still alot of stress on an engine, any engine. I'd be willing to be most of those are 3 season engines, if that. Plus all you hear about are the cool ones making the big power, not the dozen or so to that one who blow their shit up trying to get there. IE the OP. I'm not saying its not an impressive feat. Just seems like a whole lot of work to be at a disadvantage from the start. I'm not saying i wouldnt have one as a sporty DD but I wouldnt go beyond a tune a bolt ons either.
Absolutely correct, that is why I never went as far with the cobalt. Plus a FWD chassis just doesnt handle that kind of power well. The motors in those cobalts are 'daily drivers' but most have multiple tunes and don't run at that pwer level all the time. But having almost 400whp with my E85 combo tune was sweet.

Old 08-07-2012, 12:39 PM   #60

Hey boosten... sell that MS3 and get a balt if you wanna run like this... LOL sorry, couldnt resist... your riding in the daily driver cobalt stock block