Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 03-05-2010, 03:12 PM   #1

Default OC Horsepower Cruise

Just got this sent to me:

Barring interference from the rain… there is going to be a big cruise on Sunday that starts and finishes at the Irvine Spectrum.

Well over 200 street cars of all makes and models (mostly American Made muscle cars) have been signed up. These are street cars…not trailer queen show cars…

Most of them will be Mustangs since the event is being organized by a Mustang Forum called Orange County Horsepower, but the list includes various others too.

Here’s the details and a list of the types of cars coming out. Not all 200+ are listed….I’ll be there in the GN

The demand called for it so OCHP is organizing a fun event for all you car enthusiasts.

Orange County Horsepower Meet, Greet, & PCH Cruise
Sunday, March 7th at 10:00am

We're placing this thread on multiple forums and we're expecting a very large group of cars to attend. Last time OCHP set something like this up last year for our summer cruise, we had 75+ cars and that was exclusive to Ford's. This event is open to any car enthusiast that wishes to attend. We're expecting a large range of very fast cars (Terminator's, Mach 1's, GT500's, Lightning's, ZO6's, Z51's, Camaro's, Viper's, Charger's, Supra's, EVO's, STi's, etc...) so everyone leave your stereotypes at home because we're all just looking to have a good time and maybe even get a sneak peak of the competition.

Agenda:

10:00am: Meet at the Irvine Spectrum (Target parking lot off of Enterprise).
11:30am: PCH Cruise takes place (see below for map and details on route).
1:00pm: Meet back at the Irvine Spectrum for photo opportunities, food, and good company.

The route we're taking allows us to cruise the Pacific Coast Hwy. for nearly 30 miles and will take a total of 1 1/2 hours most likely (depending on our pace). **I suggest everyone get gas prior to 10:00am because there will be way too many cars to stop during the cruise** We'll be leaving the Irvine Spectrum and taking the 5 South (21 miles) to El Camino Real (turns into PCH) in San Clemente. We'll be heading North on PCH (25 miles) and cruising through Capistrano Beach, Dana Point, Salt Creek Beach, Aliso Beach, Laguna Beach, Crystal Cove, Corona Del Mar, and Newport Beach. We will then make a right onto Newport Blvd. and take the 55 North to the 405 South (15 miles) and meet up, once again, at the Irvine Spectrum. I'm sure a lot of the attendees will then want to get some food and hangout for a little bit to check out the cars they didn't get to before we left for the cruise. We'll also be setting up a photoshoot with a lot of cars for those of you that would like to be a part of that. Possibly even make it an official OCHP banner depending on how good they turn out.

I'll be handing out copies of the map with the route we're taking so that the people that fall behind can catch up with the proper communication of where we're at. If you've never taken a cruise like this before, it's a very scenic route with tons of long, straight stretches so there will be plenty of opportunities to fool around. It's an amazing cruise to take, especially when you've got nothing but fast cars surrounding you as far as the eye can see. I highly suggest thinking twice about opening up the throttle too aggressively on PCH because we will definitely be getting a lot of unwanted attention cruising with the large group of fast and loud cars that we'll be in.

Here's the cruise route and a link to the map where you can check out different points by zooming in and switching to the satellite view.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UT...cc07e8b2bac247
Old 03-05-2010, 03:15 PM   #2
Neanderthal

I'll wait for the Motorgen cruise.
2016 Nissan Altma
Old 03-05-2010, 04:40 PM   #3

I have drill team practice between 9 and 10am every Sunday so I can't make it.

Bob

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2003 Honda Accord EX
1973 Datsun 240Z

Old 03-05-2010, 05:48 PM   #4

I may do a speed run down to San Clemente to be tail end charlie after drill.

Bob

2003 Honda Accord EX
1973 Datsun 240Z

Old 03-05-2010, 07:20 PM   #5
Graphics B*tch

OCHP used to meet at Savi Ranch in Yorba Linda. they are a pretty good group of guys. A few of them are on here as a matter of fact. Not sure I am going to be able to go on sunday though.

'13 Ford Fusion SE (2.0L EcoBoost)(Conor)

'03 Zinc Yellow Mach 1(Yazmine)
290HP / 305TQ
1/4 mile ET: 13.28 @ 101MPH (1.867 60')

'99 White F-150 (4.6L)(Bud Jr.)-gone but never forgotten
Old 03-06-2010, 07:07 PM   #6

I'll be there. I haven't been able to go to a meet in a while....too bad the cruise will probably be cancelled.
Old 03-08-2010, 08:35 AM   #7

I went to the meet and cruise. There were a lot of cars there. I left with a group of guys in Corvette and took off on I5. I was impress the I kept up with the C5 convertible in front of me. I slowed down when they started to banzai weave through the traffic at over 100mph. A little to nuts for me. I forgot to bring my camera so I didn't get any pics. All in all it was a lot of fun.

Bob

2003 Honda Accord EX
1973 Datsun 240Z

Old 03-08-2010, 10:16 AM   #8

Im interesed in showing up to this, we will see after the cruze on sat. Question though are most of these domestic guys the typical "lol@import" guys or are they cool like the motorgen domestics?

95 Talon TSI. 91 Toyota MR2 Jspec turbo 05 lexus IS300
Old 03-08-2010, 11:03 AM   #9

This thread should answer that Question

http://www.orangecountyhorsepower.co...read.php?t=415
Old 03-08-2010, 11:35 AM   #10

so mostly D-Bags...well I may still roll....they said no V6 mustangs...nothing about no 4bangers that run 10's on 91 pump :-D . still depends on how I feel after sat.

95 Talon TSI. 91 Toyota MR2 Jspec turbo 05 lexus IS300