Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 10-24-2011, 08:06 PM   #11

Bio-diesel/WVO series hybrid electric vehicles along with home solar charging to the grid and what the hell, how about a giant hamster wheel out back so you can keep the pounds off you lazy fu...

Ehem.

I'm also interested in the latest nuclear reactors, small units that produce no waste or at least a very manageable amount for the energy produced.

The thing is these technologies all have to come together in order to achieve strides in any part of it, it's all pieces of the same puzzle.
Two bulls are standing on top of a mountain. The younger one says to the older one: "Hey pop, what's say we run down there and fuck one of them cows". "No son" the older one says,"Lets walk down and fuck 'em all".
Old 10-25-2011, 10:56 AM   #12

I think the best fuel economy would come from a car I was dreaming about the other day....... take a reasonably aerodynamically efficient vehicle (I.E. not my old Suburban) put a little cummins diesel generator in it with a gear reduction system to make a decent sized alternator spin fast enough to make enough energy to turn a few electric motors. The diesel would essentially be at a high idle about 1200-1500 rpm. It would run forever on a gallon of fuel... plus you could get WVO, propane, bio-diesel, or kerosene if you needed it lol... whatever is cheapest for you. THAT would be the bee's knees right there.

The Race Car lol: 2004 Cadillac CTS-V... With things.

Better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6.
Old 10-25-2011, 10:59 AM   #13

Actually I just thought of a better idea....

We need to find a way to harness all the hot air politicians blow up our asses... Hell, Obama could have powered Chicago for a year.

Old 10-25-2011, 11:20 AM   #14
pain's fun, hit me again

If we harnessing politicians, lets harness them to an anchor and dump them off a boat
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!
Old 10-25-2011, 11:37 AM   #15

LOL but we would be trashing our environment with the toxic waste they spew from their fat fucking faces

Old 10-25-2011, 12:17 PM   #16
Graphics B*tch

People are always going to believe what they want. You present this to any tree-huger and they will tell you that you are distorting the facts to make your argument when in fact they are doing that to themselves to justify their "Electric" vehicle.

'13 Ford Fusion SE (2.0L EcoBoost)(Conor)

'03 Zinc Yellow Mach 1(Yazmine)
290HP / 305TQ
1/4 mile ET: 13.28 @ 101MPH (1.867 60')

'99 White F-150 (4.6L)(Bud Jr.)-gone but never forgotten
Old 10-25-2011, 12:27 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leedom View Post
People are always going to believe what they want. You present this to any tree-huger and they will tell you that you are distorting the facts to make your argument when in fact they are doing that to themselves to justify their "Electric" vehicle.

This reminds me of my conversations with my father-in-law about wind farms. He said they are built using governments funds and when the windmills breakdown they are not fixed because that would be too costly.
Either way they cannot deny the fact that the electric cars need nickle which is horrible for the environment to mine, that is flown around the world to like china or some shit then to be put into batteries in europe or something. It is a joke how much then think they are better than us when they dont even know how much the batteries hurt the environment they are trying to "save" from people like me who drive an old car...

And from my point of view on wind tower thing... My family has a bunch on our farm in Oregon. Ours are not subsidized by the government per se.... they are put there and maintained by a utility company who rents the acreage from out farm. So they aren't really "ours" and I can assure you they are repaired regularly. The family is going to be getting more that we are going to buy on our own too... that shit is worth alot of money up there since the wind blows so freaking much. They are good but only for more rural areas. I mean come on do they think there is enough wind to power LA and large cities. And they really aren't that loud. I have stood right under them before. And since they are in our fields we harvest right next to them.

Old 10-25-2011, 02:03 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryridesmotox View Post
Either way they cannot deny the fact that the electric cars need nickle which is horrible for the environment to mine, that is flown around the world to like china or some shit then to be put into batteries in europe or something.....

That's why we should use flow battery's. We still need to find ways to hold more energy in the electrolyte but we are getting closer.

I'm one of the least green guys around. But I am a cheap guy, so I will take the cheapest way most of the time and if that turns out to be a hybrid that cool with me. ( doubt that will happen any time soon)
1988 Trooper II SAS
1986 TrooperII (No Rear)
1988 Impulse (dead)
1983 K20
Old 10-25-2011, 04:06 PM   #19

Yea that battery flow stuff is greek to me... But I know how to solve a problem when one is presented... and to me it is quite an obvious solution. There is a commercial for CSX freight lines... They say that they can haul 1 ton of freight 500 miles on one... ONE gallon of fuel. Ok yea granted that is on a track that is most likely level, but why can't that technology come into cars? I'll tell you why... The oil companies control the government... we should, but we can't cuz the crooks in office are bought and sold like a $5 hooker on Saturday night.

Old 10-25-2011, 10:05 PM   #20
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryridesmotox View Post
Yea that battery flow stuff is greek to me... But I know how to solve a problem when one is presented... and to me it is quite an obvious solution. There is a commercial for CSX freight lines... They say that they can haul 1 ton of freight 500 miles on one... ONE gallon of fuel. Ok yea granted that is on a track that is most likely level, but why can't that technology come into cars? I'll tell you why... The oil companies control the government... we should, but we can't cuz the crooks in office are bought and sold like a $5 hooker on Saturday night.

There's not really any technology to speak of. It's the coeffecient of friction of steal wheels on steal rails. Impossible to duplicate in a car with tires on any road surface. The rest of it comes from totally optimized diesel generators powering electric motors. That part can be duplicated, and VW is working on it AIR. However, that will certainly cost more than a gas hybrid so you have to factor in fuel cost.

Personally, if I were to get another dd any time soon, a Focus ALL electric is distinctly possible. I don't have to drive that much at one time and powering up off the grid is definitely <$/mile, even in dumb fuck CA where power is quite expensive.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)