Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 01-21-2015, 11:46 AM   #21
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damian View Post
"It has a cam knock (I hope that's all it is), a clutch that doesn't always disengage fully, brakes are all spongy as hell, interior is pretty tired, and paint is pretty shabby. None of these are huge deals, without doing anything fancy it could probably be pretty nice, relatively speaking, and running well for under $5k. This would be the cheapest thing to do and I'd have something fairly unique."

Uh huh..... I'm not trying to bash it or begin the low ball douchebaggery, I'm just saying it needs to me tlc. Btw, can you wash it yet without it going all crazy? I thought maybe you did with some wires cut in some wire loom.
I just meant it's not old 70s engine, trans, suspension, steering etc. And for that matter it is a reffed swap, meaning you can take to any smog station and pass (with flying colors) as it just did. You can pick up an old C3 for probably < $5k now, but I obviously wouldn't entertain anything less than multiples of that.

It needs a lot of attention to make nice, that's absolutely true, but not a ton of money. Yes, the loom connection was fixed.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 01-21-2015, 01:59 PM   #22
pain's fun, hit me again

Id bet 15k would be an easy sell.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

Stopping the world!
Old 01-21-2015, 07:04 PM   #23

Yeah, I doubt he will pay your asking price. My mother in law is super tight with money when he buys something but is wide open if she wants it. Women.....

Boost, because sometimes atmospheric pressure just isn't enough.

"If it has tit's or tires, you can be pretty sure your going to have problems with them..."
Old 01-21-2015, 10:07 PM   #24
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damian View Post
Yeah, I doubt he will pay your asking price. My mother in law is super tight with money when he buys something but is wide open if she wants it. Women.....
I'm lucky I guess. My wife is totally fine with me spending money and actively wants me to get a nicer car. I say no no, I can drive my old Protege, it runs fine.

As for the Vette, step one is to get it decent and see how I feel. If I'm digging it again (because it's not just collecting dust, or kind of a pain to drive), I'll just keep it. If I still have a hankering for something else, I'll be in a better position to not take a beating. I'm 100% not desperate, so there's no pressure to sell just cuz.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 01-21-2015, 10:10 PM   #25
I, Vettezuki

As for your pa, if he wants an old Vette cheap to work on, especially if he wants to do anything like I did, let me know. I can help him save a fair bit of money, know the right resources, and C3s are relatively cheaper than they were when I got mine, which was when the economy was hot. Mine was in quite good original running condition and I paid about $13k for that. Between all parts and labor over the years, probably +20k or so and a horrifying amount of time.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 01-26-2015, 12:43 PM   #26

Ben, you live just a couple miles from me, I'm more than willing to help you out. Just might need a babysitter though.

Boost, because sometimes atmospheric pressure just isn't enough.

"If it has tit's or tires, you can be pretty sure your going to have problems with them..."
Old 01-26-2015, 07:35 PM   #27
Super Moderator

I think you would enjoy a C6 more. Fix the cam knock problem only, repaint the front bumper, give it a detail and sell that bitch for an engineering marvel.
Old 01-26-2015, 08:38 PM   #28
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
I think you would enjoy a C6 more. Fix the cam knock problem only, repaint the front bumper, give it a detail and sell that bitch for an engineering marvel.
Fixing the cam knock is the essentially rebuilding the short block. Not sure how easy it would be to change the cam bearings without a tear down.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

Stopping the world!
Old 01-26-2015, 09:31 PM   #29
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane View Post
Id bet 15k would be an easy sell.
Corvette forum appraised mine at 18k back in 2010?

Ben doesnt have my sexy bitch ass paint job, but he has fancy suspension, steering, FI and AC. I think with a bomb diggidy paint job he could get 20k+
Old 01-26-2015, 10:25 PM   #30
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
Corvette forum appraised mine at 18k back in 2010?

Ben doesnt have my sexy bitch ass paint job, but he has fancy suspension, steering, FI and AC. I think with a bomb diggidy paint job he could get 20k+
20k+ is where I'd start seriously considering it as the ass pounding I'd take would be in moderate vs. major territory. Though there are always gaps between appraisals and reality, without a lot of data points it's mostly guessing and getting lucky . . or the opposite of lucky.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)