Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 10-17-2015, 03:12 PM   #1
Super Moderator

Default Best Diagnostic Tool

Looking at getting the Launch X431 CRP129. My LM2 won't clear the service engine light on the bimmer. So I need a tool that can do that. There are tools for about $100 that will do it, but the 129s go on ebay for just about $200, and they clear air bag/ brake/ and steering angle codes too. Which I'm sure I'll regret not getting assuming the brakes ever need to be changed on this car. Can anyone one up this tool?
Old 10-18-2015, 08:27 AM   #2
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
Looking at getting the Launch X431 CRP129. My LM2 won't clear the service engine light on the bimmer. So I need a tool that can do that. There are tools for about $100 that will do it, but the 129s go on ebay for just about $200, and they clear air bag/ brake/ and steering angle codes too. Which I'm sure I'll regret not getting assuming the brakes ever need to be changed on this car. Can anyone one up this tool?
Yeah. My Bluetooth ODBII reader for like $25 and software on Android (Torque) will read and reset all codes, and a bunch of other stuff.

For example:
http://www.amazon.com/Arrela%C2%AE-E...M327+Interface

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 10-20-2015, 01:17 PM   #3
Super Moderator

I'm skeptical, my LM2 which reads and clears 'all codes' doesn't even see the service engine soon light on the bimmer. Much less the air bag/ steering angle/ brake sensor lights.
Old 10-20-2015, 04:55 PM   #4
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
I'm skeptical, my LM2 which reads and clears 'all codes' doesn't even see the service engine soon light on the bimmer. Much less the air bag/ steering angle/ brake sensor lights.
I've read and cleared codes from several foreign and domestic cars with it.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 10-21-2015, 09:04 PM   #5

We have a Launch X431 at the shop. Works better on the Euro stuff than the Snap-On Solus.
Old 03-17-2016, 10:30 PM   #6
Super Moderator

Btw, solution was a $30 obd2 to USB cable and free software for my laptop. I can now clear the bimmer codes and even customize the cars software. Crazy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk