Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 11-11-2014, 05:05 PM   #11

It's not an alignment issue. You can adjust the steering box and it won't affect your alignment at all.

Boost, because sometimes atmospheric pressure just isn't enough.

"If it has tit's or tires, you can be pretty sure your going to have problems with them..."
Old 11-15-2014, 07:47 PM   #12

It's better than it was, they probably replaced some bearings but nothing else. It's sort of a pain on trip.
Bigger issue is the pump, guess a rebuilt from AZ. It's a lifetime warranty so why buy the new one for a lot more money, they want a core on both.
Old 11-15-2014, 07:51 PM   #13
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damian View Post
It's not an alignment issue. You can adjust the steering box and it won't affect your alignment at all.
It will not affect caster/camber but that is still a part of the overall alignment. Try installing a box that is too tight and tell me how that works out for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by injdinjn
It's better than it was, they probably replaced some bearings but nothing else. It's sort of a pain on trip.
Bigger issue is the pump, guess a rebuilt from AZ. It's a lifetime warranty so why buy the new one for a lot more money, they want a core on both.
The pump is definitely bogus, Ford really hasn't changed pump designs at all. The powersteering pump in the mustang is nearly identical to the superduty one and I have used the mustang one as a core before.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!
Old 11-16-2014, 12:25 AM   #14

Loosening the lock nut and adjusting that allen screw will not affect your alignment at all. That only affects the return to center on the worm gear. After my last steering box install on the Ty (3rd one), I haven't even got an alignment to fix my steering wheel being off center. Ive even adjusted it a few times since the install. I even Googled it right now and nothing reflects that claim.

There is another adjustment on a steering box, but that's done during assembly and can not be adjust once it is assembled.

Boost, because sometimes atmospheric pressure just isn't enough.

"If it has tit's or tires, you can be pretty sure your going to have problems with them..."
Old 11-16-2014, 05:13 PM   #15
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damian View Post
Loosening the lock nut and adjusting that allen screw will not affect your alignment at all. That only affects the return to center on the worm gear. After my last steering box install on the Ty (3rd one), I haven't even got an alignment to fix my steering wheel being off center. Ive even adjusted it a few times since the install. I even Googled it right now and nothing reflects that claim.

There is another adjustment on a steering box, but that's done during assembly and can not be adjust once it is assembled.
Since we're gonna piss into the wind here,

Primary angles of Alignment

Front: Caster (left & right)
Front: Camber (left & right)
Front: Toe (left, right & total)
Rear: Camber (left & right)
Rear: Toe (left, right & total)

Secondary angles of Alignment
The secondary angles include numerous other adjustments, such as:

SAI (Steering Axis Inclination) (left & right)
Included angle (left & right)
Toe out on turns (left & right)
Maximum Turns (left & right)
Toe curve change (left & right)
Track width difference
Wheelbase difference
Front ride height (left & right)
Rear ride height (left & right)
Frame angle
Setback (front & rear)

MY POINT WAS
Try adjusting the box since they CANNOT be dead on without being installed on the vehicle due to VARIABLES that a machine cannot accommodate for.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!