Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 07-07-2012, 09:24 PM   #1
Super Moderator

Default Mercruiser MPI vs GM TBI

Im guessing Ill have to open an Offshore Only account to ge answers about the MPI, unless Injectors Plus happens to know. But here we go.

The galaxie boats Im considering all have Mercruiser engines (small block chevys... found a new home for my NA cam and JE slugs ) if I go 95 or later they come with a "MPI" multi point injection. I know nothing about it. So my question is, do any of you? Can I get bigger injectors for it? And how much hp will it support?

If I get one earlier than 95, Id want to convert it to FI. So my only cost effective option would be GM TBI. So my question for that would be... can I get bigger injectors for it? And how much hp will they support?

If you tell me to go with a different engine or an expensive FI setup I will instruct you to suck it.
Old 07-07-2012, 09:55 PM   #2
I, Vettezuki

No idea. I'd PM jsup (he is Injectors Plus).

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 07-07-2012, 10:16 PM   #3
Fast & Filthy

You can change injectors if you need to on the MPI. I don't know what size they come with or how to know how much HP they would support. For TBI you can use a BBC throttle body. They have a larger throttle bore and injectors than the SBC one do. My buddy did that a couple of years ago by using the TBI that was on the 454 I have. He bought a stand alone CPU and harness from Howell and converted his Jeep 360 over to EFI.
Old 07-08-2012, 12:35 AM   #4
Super Moderator

Cool, thanks Ron.

So you think Id be able to upgrade the injectors? Are they sort or universal like spark plugs or something?
Old 07-08-2012, 01:18 AM   #5
Super Moderator

Wow, Procharger makes a kit for the mercruiser MPI 350, puts out 500 hp and requires no upgrades to the stock fuel system, just a boost ref reg. Looks like the MPI is the way to go.