Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 08-26-2013, 09:07 PM   #61
Super Moderator

All new sports cars are fast. Yours is just fucking ridic.

What Civic on here is faster than Rons Chevelle? And is it street/ strip or strictly drag?
Old 08-26-2013, 09:16 PM   #62
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damian View Post
My only thing is that American cars are heavy beasts and have to have a lot of horse power to compensate. Granted the Vette isn't heavy though. The Evo can make some great power out of a 4 banger, I made great power in my Eclipse with a V6 turbo (was slow stock). When you look at a bone stock car, not too many American cars are fast. And the new Mustang Cobras are not stock.
False. The C6 weighs as much as your Eclipse, maybe less.

When you look at American MUSCLE, they are all fast. They're all in the 12s and 13s nowadays. When you look at Jap sports cars, a few of them are fast, in the 13s, but I can think of only one that's faster. And unless you go AWD, the FWD ruins the car.

I mean, my mom's SRT4 is a fun car no doubt about it. And I had fun driving my friends turbo avenger this last weekend (FWD eclipse motor) but neither of them would ever be able to hang with anything RWD on a race track.

And I can't think of any Jap cars other than the Evo, STI, and the GTR that are anything but FWD.
Old 08-26-2013, 09:23 PM   #63
Super Moderator

And as far as a Civic being fast. It will never be as fast as an EQUIVALENTLY tuned muscle car. Why? Because thrice as much displacement is a good thing.

Sure, compare a trailered stripped down Civic with slicks on the front and a 10K race motor to a street/ strip muscle car and the Civic may be faster and in the 9s. But an equally ridiculous GNX or Nova will be in the 7s or 8s.
Old 08-26-2013, 09:24 PM   #64
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
. . . What Civic on here is faster than Rons Chevelle? And is it street/ strip or strictly drag?
Strictly drag. Paul Ho's 1994 Civic. Runs 9s > 150mph. Saw it myself, though I didn't catch it on video. Here's a slow run. .

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 08-26-2013, 09:26 PM   #65
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveohwblow View Post
No basis from one mans perspective, not another's. many don't care to go to a timed event and would rather just enjoy the butt dyno or risk a street competition. In no way does this designate a car slow or "not fast"
x2.
Old 08-26-2013, 09:27 PM   #66
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Strictly drag. Paul Ho's 1994 Civic. Runs 9s > 150mph. Saw it myself, though I didn't catch it on video. Here's a slow run. .

2008&showdigits=true&autostart=false&stretching=uniform" /> 2008&showdigits=true&autostart=false&stretching=uniform" />
Figured. Then it's not really fair to compare it to Ron's street driven Chevelle. Compare it to that GNX we saw in the high 7s low 8s at Fontana.
Old 08-26-2013, 09:34 PM   #67
Super Moderator

Quote:
This is my only real objection, you're attempting an objective argument with subjective terms. Fast is an impression or experience of speed, not a measurement of speed. You're assuming we agree on the scope and nature of a subjective term. That no worky so good unless we happen to agree, which we kind of don't, but you seemed to have assumed we would maybe.

Basically you're telling us what you think, not "what is." The first clue is an interrogative sentence ending with an exclamation point!

Uhh, cuz they think it does . . .which is well understand by manufacturers and marketers.

Um, I'm the lawyer here you logical prick.
Old 08-26-2013, 09:52 PM   #68
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:

Motorgen - Videos - Run 16 California Speedway June 7, 2008
I didn't know it was that Civic, i've seen it a ton of times, in my neighborhood too I think.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

Stopping the world!
Old 08-27-2013, 09:03 AM   #69
Neanderthal

2016 Nissan Altma
Old 08-27-2013, 09:13 AM   #70
Internet Tough Guy

Quote:
are you falling project 818 at all? that looks like it might be an extreme high value track car.
It will be. A lot will depend on what motor mods are done. Subarus have asthmatic top ends.
2009 Jetta Auto 2.5 liter