Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 01-29-2011, 03:46 PM   #1

Default 2009 Cobalt SS turbo LNF

Ok guys so I'll kind of lay it out for you. This is not for my car. Melissa will remain in my capable hands. My buddy out in Tucson, AZ just had a kid. The coupe was not to his wife's liking and so he went and got an 09 4door SS Balt. The coupe must now be sold. Here are the details:

2009 SS/TC
New Motor (9K miles on it)
New Turbo (stock)
CIA Charge Pipes and SRI
MAF Relocate
3 Bar sensors
Spec Stage III + Clutch
Synapse Downpipe
ZZP Intercooler
3'' exhaust (Borla XR1 Race muffler)
ZZP Trans Mounts
Hankook Ventus RS2's

Thats straight from the horse's mouth right there.

IT also has a Trifecta/HP tuners E85 tune and a 91 octane tune can be sent to me and I can switch it for you when ever you want. I have HP tuners on my laptop.
It has leather SS/TC seats swapped in it from a 08 TC all black. It has the silver trim of course, as all 09 TCs did. The car is custom painted a two tone black over silver. He is a member on CSS.net and will be putting it up on there. I am giving you guys the opportunity to pick it up earlier and possibly cheaper than when he puts it up there.

As it sits right now it is a low 12 second car on the 1/4 mile running 91/E85 mix. Very comparable to my car as far as speed goes. Dyno numbers are about what mine is or a little higher depending if you are on E85 or not. +/- 400lbs/torque at the wheels and about 350whp.

He wants 16,000 for it. Thats the price, no lower guys. It is a great buy since the motor has been totally redone.

Let me know if you have any questions and I'll answer them for you. 760-822-7030, Ryan.

Just a little history on the LNF if someone doesn't know. It is a chevy performance motor basically built by GM Europe. It was sold in the Cobalt SS from 2008 - 2010. It has direct injection, variable valve timing, a forged lower end, and comes with a KD04 Borg Warner turbo. It is mated to a Saab F35 MU3 transmission (front wheel drive). The lower end on the car is capable of handling up to 500whp reliably. A company called ZZPerformance can confirm this as they finally bent the rod on one of the cylinders at over 520 whp on a dyno. This particular car is dialed in very well. The current owner is in the military and is a well respected guy in the cobalt arena in AZ, and has done many builds on cars like an LS2 powered Miata, and he is currently working on a rail dragster with a mitsubishi engine. The guy knows his stuff and this car was done right.

The Race Car lol: 2004 Cadillac CTS-V... With things.

Better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6.

Last edited by Ryridesmotox : 01-31-2011 at 01:22 PM.
Old 01-31-2011, 01:44 PM   #2

I updated the modification list in the original post. He emailed me a list so I put it up,

Old 02-10-2011, 11:08 AM   #3

here is the sale link on the cobalt forums. http://www.cobaltss.net/forums/compl...-motor-240546/