Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 09-18-2008, 11:44 AM   #1

Default to all u mustang guys?

ok so how much is the 5.0 80's engine worth?

do people still want this engine?

and is the 5.0 efi engine found in the 80's lincoln the same as in the fox body?

im asking because my mom sells repo housed for freddy mac and fanny may and i usually go and clean up whatever the evicted leave behind so the house can be sold well in one of the properties there was an old 80's lincon and an old fiest lol at first i though it was a vw rabbit until i saw the badge lol.

anywho the lincoln has a 5.0 efi engine that really well intact its just missing its belts as far as i can see. and i was wondering if this engine was worth anything so i could slang it or maybe let one of you guys take it off my hands for a small fee if anyone wanted it?
Old 09-18-2008, 12:20 PM   #2

Send a message via AIM to SexyLxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by st-evo-9*corn fed-8urvet* View Post
ok so how much is the 5.0 80's engine worth?

do people still want this engine?

and is the 5.0 efi engine found in the 80's lincoln the same as in the fox body?

im asking because my mom sells repo housed for freddy mac and fanny may and i usually go and clean up whatever the evicted leave behind so the house can be sold well in one of the properties there was an old 80's lincon and an old fiest lol at first i though it was a vw rabbit until i saw the badge lol.

anywho the lincoln has a 5.0 efi engine that really well intact its just missing its belts as far as i can see. and i was wondering if this engine was worth anything so i could slang it or maybe let one of you guys take it off my hands for a small fee if anyone wanted it?
I wonder how much pick a part would give you for it?
Old 09-18-2008, 12:36 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SexyLxy View Post
I wonder how much pick a part would give you for it?
idk if pick a part does pic ups?
Old 09-18-2008, 01:04 PM   #4
I, Vettezuki

What about minor legal details like title.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 09-18-2008, 01:29 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
What about minor legal details like title.
well the way banks get away with that is that they just push the car out into the street and say the owner left it there and the city pays for its towing and demise. as for the engine its far game they didnt care to come get shit so its anyones for the taking.
Old 09-18-2008, 02:32 PM   #6

Quote:
idk if pick a part does pic ups?

Heck yeah they do pick ups....but you might have to have the title. Good thinking. But yes they do pick ups. You could always do a donation (tax write off) to those crazy places that you see on TV all the time for charity. But again I don't know if you need the title. Maybe a junk yard would want it or a dismantling center.
Old 09-18-2008, 02:36 PM   #7
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by SexyLxy View Post
Heck yeah they do pick ups....but you might have to have the title. Good thinking. But yes they do pick ups. You could always do a donation (tax write off) to those crazy places that you see on TV all the time for charity. But again I don't know if you need the title. Maybe a junk yard would want it or a dismantling center.
No legit organization is going to touch it without a clear title. Way too much liability, they could be receiving stolen goods, etc. There must be a legal abandonment procedure (like when people just walk away from an apartment), but I'm sure the banks don't want to get into that crap. So, yeah, taking it apart is probably fine. Unless the owner for whatever reason ever reports it as stolen and the the engine shows up in a car that goes through a state ref for any reason. It's a stretch, but could happen.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 09-18-2008, 02:51 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
No legit organization is going to touch it without a clear title. Way too much liability, they could be receiving stolen goods, etc. There must be a legal abandonment procedure (like when people just walk away from an apartment), but I'm sure the banks don't want to get into that crap. So, yeah, taking it apart is probably fine. Unless the owner for whatever reason ever reports it as stolen and the the engine shows up in a car that goes through a state ref for any reason. It's a stretch, but could happen.
heres the full prosses yo:

1 - people living in the house get kicked out
2. i have to leave a not on the house saying to pick up your shit in 18 days or its getting tossed.
3. 18 days passed and the bank tell the agent *my mom* to high a cleaning company to clean out the house *me*
4. if the junk in the house equals more then 5 grand *like a car* the bank have to auction off everything from a car to pots and pans which means the agent and me dont get paid for cleaning the bank does.
5. so to get around this rule we pic apart the car if its worth taking anything from.
6. then we push it on the street where it becomes an abandoned vehicle and the city is forced to pick it up and leave it in an impound lot for so many days months i forgot and then they auction it or junk it. in that time they unregister the car from the owner and consider it theres for the auctioning.

so the parts are cool for the taking which is y i asked about the engine and if anyone wanted it or if its worth it for me to take out and sell on craiglist or something?

the car is getting junked anyway u cut it im sure no one wants it lol.

also to add i know this is kind of the sad part of repo house work but im sure the owner isnt gonna cliam the car he is some 70+ year old guy and from all the diabetes med's and depends i found around the house im sure he's in no condition to be pushing a non running car anytime soon.

so like i stated b4 is this engine worth taking out and wats the street price of it?
Old 09-18-2008, 03:13 PM   #9
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
heres the full prosses yo:

1 - people living in the house get kicked out
2. i have to leave a not on the house saying to pick up your shit in 18 days or its getting tossed.
3. 18 days passed and the bank tell the agent *my mom* to high a cleaning company to clean out the house *me*
4. if the junk in the house equals more then 5 grand *like a car* the bank have to auction off everything from a car to pots and pans which means the agent and me dont get paid for cleaning the bank does.
5. so to get around this rule we pic apart the car if its worth taking anything from.
6. then we push it on the street where it becomes an abandoned vehicle and the city is forced to pick it up and leave it in an impound lot for so many days months i forgot and then they auction it or junk it. in that time they unregister the car from the owner and consider it theres for the auctioning.

so the parts are cool for the taking which is y i asked about the engine and if anyone wanted it or if its worth it for me to take out and sell on craiglist or something?

the car is getting junked anyway u cut it im sure no one wants it lol.

also to add i know this is kind of the sad part of repo house work but im sure the owner isnt gonna cliam the car he is some 70+ year old guy and from all the diabetes med's and depends i found around the house im sure he's in no condition to be pushing a non running car anytime soon.

so like i stated b4 is this engine worth taking out and wats the street price of it?

You might want to PM Sonic03SVT, though he isn't exactly super responsive to PMs sometimes.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 09-18-2008, 04:15 PM   #10

Quote:
Aww....that is so sad. Poor guy probably couldn't afford the house payment anymore b/c of his health. I hate the way the economy is right now. Grr...It's good for those of us who are looking to buy but bad for those who have no money coming in.