Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 11-20-2008, 02:01 PM   #1
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk
Default Car you'd like to see the Big 3 make.

Pretending for a second that all of the domestic auto makers weren't in serious trouble, CAFE standards weren't kicking in, and you could use any announced platform or engine, list some cars you'd like to see Detroid build. I'll start with some from Ford since I only have time for one man. so far:

Ford:

Ford Mustang Cobra:
A true new Ford Mustang Cobra (not a Shelby). The Cobra would come with the new aluminum 6.2L OHC V8 (Boss Engine), a 6-speed manual and a beefed up IRS. Power would be 450hp/450tq. The Cobra would have suspension set up for road racing. Because of the NA/aluminum engine, weight would be reduced down to 3350lbs (hey, I can dream can't I?).

Ford Mustang SVO:
A 2011 Mustang with the 3.5L TT V6 Ecoboost Engine. Stock power would be 340hp/340tq. Power would go through a 6-speed automatic to a Mustang GT 8.8 inch rearend with the 3.73 gear upgrade. This could be an awesome sleeper car. Kind of like a modern day Grand National.

Ford Fusion SVT:
A 2011 Ford Fusion also with the Twin Turbo V6 Ecoboost Engine. AWD, a modified suspension and a 6-speed auto or manual would round out the package.

Ford Taurus SHO:
The new Taurus with, you guessed it, with a TT V6, 6speed automatic and AWD.
Old 11-20-2008, 02:07 PM   #2
I, Vettezuki

I actually think their offerings on the whole are quite good from a mechanical and value perspective. I'd like to see:

Euro Spec Focus. Why we get the gimped version I don't know.

Style redesign to the Cobalt SS. What a fantastic car, that completely looks blaaaahh.

The Volt with design elements closer to the show car. The production version went way towards frumpy yuck.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 11-20-2008, 02:29 PM   #3
Neanderthal

Wrote this before:

But, this is what I want. A vehicle that runs mid 12s, corners at 1.25 gees and stops at 3 gees. Gets 28 miles to the gallon, weighs under 3,000 lbs and is under $15,000.
2016 Nissan Altma
Old 11-20-2008, 02:31 PM   #4
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRUTAL64 View Post
Wrote this before:

But, this is what I want. A vehicle that runs mid 12s, corners at 1.25 gees and stops at 3 gees. Gets 28 miles to the gallon, weighs under 3,000 lbs and is under $15,000.
That ain't gonna fly on any announced platform.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 11-20-2008, 02:52 PM   #5
Resident Avatar Gambler

Quote:
Wrote this before:

You could probably build a shifter cart for that price that could do all that
Old 11-20-2008, 03:50 PM   #6
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Wrote this before:

Actually, this sounds like a great challenge for Motorgen project car

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 11-20-2008, 06:47 PM   #7
Super Moderator

Hate to break your balls Sean, but an aluminum block and a lack of a supercharger wouldn't save you 500lbs. Even an iron BB (around 675) is only about 200lbs over an aluminum SB (450, closer to 500 loaded up and wet). And blowers are not that heavy. I'm sure they could get it down there though.

BTW, doesn't Ford currently make a Cobra???

I'd like to see Chevrolet come out with a new Cheetah. I imagine it looking sort of like the Shelby GR1. Available with either the base 400hp LS engine or the siamesed 500hp LS engine. And of course they would have to make a few with the blown LS9 engine for guys like Leno.

Old 11-20-2008, 07:08 PM   #8
Resident Avatar Gambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
Hate to break your balls Sean, but an aluminum block and a lack of a supercharger wouldn't save you 500lbs. Even an iron BB (around 675) is only about 200lbs over an aluminum SB (450, closer to 500 loaded up and wet). And blowers are not that heavy. I'm sure they could get it down there though.

BTW, doesn't Ford currently make a Cobra???

I'd like to see Chevrolet come out with a new Cheetah. I imagine it looking sort of like the Shelby GR1. Available with either the base 400hp LS engine or the siamesed 500hp LS engine. And of course they would have to make a few with the blown LS9 engine for guys like Leno.

I know, I figure realistically the least it would weigh is probably 3450lbs. My Cobra weighs 3660, so between losing the blower, intercooler, etc, I'm sure they could lose 200ish lbs. They do make the Shelby GT500, but it's not a Cobra. It's not even really an SVT vehicle. It does have a Cobra on it, but it's kind of a different thing.
Old 11-20-2008, 07:31 PM   #9
Resident Avatar Gambler

GM:

Buick Grand National:
It would be built off the Camaro platform. It would have a single variable turbo (a bigger version of the one off the Sky Redline) version of the direct injected 3.6L V6, a 6 speed auto, and the IRS out of the new Camaro. It would come only in Black

GMC Syclone and Typhoon:
Built off a modified version of the Canyon (small truck) Platform. These would also come with a single turbo direct injected 3.6L V6, 6-speed auto, but with a solid rear axle. AWD would be standard

Chevrolet Impala:
A proper V8, RWD Impala. This would be built off of the Pontiac G8 platform. Engine would be the LS3 with the buyers choice of a 6 speed auto or manual transmission.

Camaro Z28:
A Camaro wtih the LS-A supercharged motor out of the Cadillac CTS-V. Standard horsepower would be 550. Available with either a 6-speed manual or 6-speed paddle shifted auto.
Old 11-20-2008, 07:43 PM   #10
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
. . .

. . .
I don't know anything about the Cheetah. I was thinking of doing something like that with my ligts in the Vette. Then I think about how much work it would be and think about something else.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)