Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 12-14-2011, 11:27 PM   #1
pain's fun, hit me again

Default Going back to my roots...

My first truck was a 89 f150, and I loved that truck. Now that I have no truck these trucks are going in the $900-$1500 range if you look hard enough. They are incredibly tough trucks that are dirt cheap to fix and will fit my most basic needs of a truck until i can save for another superduty. Here are the candidates, who wants to buy me one
http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/cto/2680371493.html
http://bakersfield.craigslist.org/cto/2749747222.html
http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/2692328128.html
http://fresno.craigslist.org/cto/2659246577.html
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!
Old 12-17-2011, 12:12 AM   #2
pain's fun, hit me again

So im going to look at this one tomorrow for $1000, it wont start so i get to lowball of course

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!
Old 12-17-2011, 03:01 AM   #3
I, Vettezuki

I go the "one buck truck" from my grandpa if I could get it off the lot. It was just the starter and a battery. Tidying up loose ends and I got a GMC Sierra 1500 for around $1,500.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 12-17-2011, 03:30 AM   #4
pain's fun, hit me again

The nice thing about these truck is they are electrically identical to the mustangs, having owned one before there is only a handful of items that cause a no crank/no start. I could have it running the day i got it back most likely. And its nice the truck is Maf already, so this other 306 i grabbed will go in nicely and give it a nice bump in power and mileage. All while costing a third to insure compared to the 08.

Stopping the world!
Old 12-17-2011, 03:57 AM   #5
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane View Post
The nice thing about these truck is they are electrically identical to the mustangs, having owned one before there is only a handful of items that cause a no crank/no start. I could have it running the day i got it back most likely. And its nice the truck is Maf already, so this other 306 i grabbed will go in nicely and give it a nice bump in power and mileage. All while costing a third to insure compared to the 08.
Well done. The interior looks like it'll clean up fine too.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 12-17-2011, 11:36 AM   #6
pain's fun, hit me again

Yup, few hours of shampoo and it should look near new again. Its basically the same interior layout in my truck now.

Stopping the world!
Old 12-22-2011, 12:09 PM   #7
Super Moderator

It would have been really funny if this thread was about installing a roots blower.
Old 12-22-2011, 12:13 PM   #8
pain's fun, hit me again

Its funny you say that, i was planning on doing an eaton swap to it

Stopping the world!
Old 12-23-2011, 09:37 PM   #9

so did you buy this heap?
Old 12-23-2011, 10:44 PM   #10
pain's fun, hit me again

Nothing will happen until after christmas.

Stopping the world!