Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 01-05-2012, 08:04 PM   #1

Talking Palos Verdes Cars & Coffee: Mustang & Vette Day! (Jan 7, 2012 SAT)

Hey guys. Buddy with a ZR1 and his buddy who just picked up a Z06 carbon are going and told me I should go lol. The more the merrier, I know there are a couple guys nearby or even not so close that should check this out. Daniel w/ the S/C Mustang, Jon /w the S/C GTO, etc. It's a really nice part of town, if you haven't been there, it's worth checking out.

Link to flyer

Link to map

This event puts the Vettes/Mustangs in the center area of the meet, all the other losers (like me) get to park outside. Oh, BTW, you'll see ridiculous shit like Carrera GTs, Ford GTs, all kinds of classic stuff, etc. there. These old dudes up there have mucho dinero $$$

Anyway, sounds like it starts up around 7:30, it's pretty easy to find. There is a starbucks in the same mall and a Burger King. They have great croissant (sp?) breakfast sandwiches.. well at least 10 years ago when I had one it was good (tasted that is, my digestive tract thought otherwise).

I'm gonna try and be there early b/c I plan on leaving before 9 for another engagement. Hope you guys can come, spread the word. We need some young blood at this thing cuz most of the guys are ancient lol I have a silver 93 rx7, my g/f will have her yellow 93 there as well. Please introduce yourself if I haven't met you already... looking for more guys to recruit for the next track day!

2001 DC4 Acura Integra
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 01-05-2012, 08:39 PM   #2
pain's fun, hit me again

Mustangs next to vettes? Thats like putting me up against Adriana lima, both good to look at, but who would you rather be inside of at the end of the day?
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

Stopping the world!
Old 01-06-2012, 04:59 PM   #3

No excuses for me; I could literally coast there. See you tomorrow Mike.
Old 01-06-2012, 07:26 PM   #4

Cool

Bump for tomorrow morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane View Post
Mustangs next to vettes? Thats like putting me up against Adriana lima, both good to look at, but who would you rather be inside of at the end of the day?
lol. Both cars are cool for different reasons. I'm not so sure about which one is better to be inside of at the end of the day. I mean there is some stupid stereotype about 50's fat bald guys as vette drivers I wonder if people actually think that every time they roll up next to one that's what they expect to see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redondo Jon View Post
No excuses for me; I could literally coast there. See you tomorrow Mike.
Great, see you tomorrow!

2001 DC4 Acura Integra

Old 01-07-2012, 12:19 PM   #5

Mike, Fisa, thanks for the coffee and the heads-up on this.

Last edited by Redondo Jon : 10-09-2012 at 04:11 PM.
Old 01-07-2012, 12:56 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redondo Jon View Post
I love these old vessels.

Mike, Fisa, thanks for the coffee and the heads-up on this.
Hey Jon, great pics!!! Kind of funny how the old car are so much more awesome than the current ones in many ways. The old 300C is badass, such a boat, but that's what makes it cool!!

Here's a couple of pics I took.

V8 powered Porsche 914

Segregation

What old people do up here early on a Sat. morn.

Super duper clean Delorean. The owner even had a DMC jacket!! lmfao.

Super clean Austin Healy

These guys must know each other lol 550 Marenello Ferrai IIRC

Pulled back view of part of the lot. It was a busy day here!!!

Old school Avanti

Of course an F430 was there.

This GT was gorgeous. Pic doesn't do it justice. Talk about a cop magnet though

Old school 5 oh. I have a soft spot for these.

Wonder whose ride this is

2 Z06s next to a ZR1

Z06 carbon

'nother nice looking GT

Miami Vice looking Testerrosa? I love these cars.

'88 Toyota MR2 (mister 2 as Redondo Jon calls it ) /w what I believe to be an OEM supercharger!

engine bay pic:

2001 DC4 Acura Integra

Old 01-07-2012, 01:02 PM   #7

Smile more pics.

More pics...

Horseless carriage lol.

My favorite car there. Sounded like it had a v8 in it!!!! It was tiny, looked like a shoe. We caught the owner when he was leaving and he said it is a "Griffith". Fisa did a quick search, and it sounds like the car is based off of a TVR.. not sure of the details....

Carerra GT

25 yr old who drove the CGT lol

Dual purpose car/boat lol

2001 DC4 Acura Integra

Old 01-07-2012, 01:57 PM   #8
pain's fun, hit me again

That orange car is the vortech shop car, IIRC it has the tail lights from the earlier s197's on it. Saw it driving around san gabriel. Fuckin sexy beast
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

Stopping the world!
Old 01-08-2012, 08:26 AM   #9

Thanks for posting the pic's! Allot of nice rides were there.

P.S. The Street Legals were running at Fontana & there were quite a few unusual rides that showed up too run too...

Old 01-08-2012, 01:22 PM   #10
pain's fun, hit me again

Those are some pretty trick rides

Stopping the world!