Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 12-23-2011, 11:22 PM   #11
Super Moderator

What happened to your super duty? I missed that.
Old 12-24-2011, 01:05 AM   #12
pain's fun, hit me again

Kaboom
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!
Old 12-24-2011, 09:54 AM   #13

I take it that the "kaboom" was too expensive to fix?
Old 12-24-2011, 11:55 AM   #14
pain's fun, hit me again

At least 2k in parts for the "best case" breakage scenario plus the needed special tools and various other 1k in crap that goes with it

5k-8k for the scenario its most likely going to be...
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!
Old 12-24-2011, 06:08 PM   #15
Super Moderator

Trans or engine?
Old 12-24-2011, 07:56 PM   #16
pain's fun, hit me again

Engine. Whats most difficult is all engine works requires the cab to come off, so i need to install a lift first, then save for the parts, then fix. Which will take a while, so im getting a temporary (or perminant backup) until its fixed or it sells and i can buy another 99-03 super duty with a 7.3l. Unfortunatelt prices on those have jumped recently so it will be about a year before i can afford another one. Untill then i'll continue to finish the cars just in case something else bad happens. No need to put everything i have on hold.

Stopping the world!
Old 12-24-2011, 09:17 PM   #17
Super Moderator

How the hell did you break a diesel??
Old 12-24-2011, 11:59 PM   #18
pain's fun, hit me again

Apparently ford used 18ga stamped steel with a plastic hold down bar to mount the rocker to the head. Bullshit design, so i'm having some billet roller ones designed.

Stopping the world!
Old 12-25-2011, 02:23 PM   #19
Super Moderator

Fuckin Ford, I've been giving them a little bit more credit as time has gone on, guess it's underserved.
Old 12-25-2011, 06:15 PM   #20
pain's fun, hit me again

I kinda felt the same way but Its not Fords engine, its internationals and its the reason they scrapped the 6.4 and ford designed the 6.7, and after talking to techs its a pretty bulletproof engine. Although it cant touch anywhere near the power of the 6.4

Stopping the world!