Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 03-18-2014, 12:17 PM   #1
I, Vettezuki

Default Next Gen GT-R

Will be hyrbrid with a combined HP of around 800. . . It's getting to be more like a hyper car for a fraction of the price. Of course a fraction of the price still means starting at over $100k.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 03-18-2014, 03:47 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Will be hyrbrid with a combined HP of around 800. . . It's getting to be more like a hyper car for a fraction of the price. Of course a fraction of the price still means starting at over $100k.
I don't think Nissan has the hybrid chops to take on something like that. I think it just needs to add lightness. But i'm not a R35 guy so....
1988 Trooper II SAS
1986 TrooperII (No Rear)
1988 Impulse (dead)
1983 K20
Old 03-18-2014, 07:43 PM   #3

The pics I've seen so far look pretty bad ass.

Boost, because sometimes atmospheric pressure just isn't enough.

"If it has tit's or tires, you can be pretty sure your going to have problems with them..."
Old 03-18-2014, 09:00 PM   #4
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackax View Post
I don't think Nissan has the hybrid chops to take on something like that. I think it just needs to add lightness. But i'm not a R35 guy so....
It's not going to get much if any lighter because of the basic engineering direction they've gone with the platform separate from major breakthroughs in materials. They've also proven they don't really need to. They've also demonstrated substantial engineering chops,and for that matter keep in mind they're affiliated with, among others, the Hitachi industrial group. Could be a car with Porsche 918 level tech and performance for like ZR1, ACR type money. We'll see, still a little ways out.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 03-18-2014, 11:48 PM   #5

well the weight difference between the r35 and the 911 (991) is over 700 pounds. To me that is a lot of weight that can be lost.
1988 Trooper II SAS
1986 TrooperII (No Rear)
1988 Impulse (dead)
1983 K20
Old 03-19-2014, 01:00 AM   #6
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackax View Post
well the weight difference between the r35 and the 911 (991) is over 700 pounds. To me that is a lot of weight that can be lost.
Curb weight to curb weight, GT-R to Turbo Porsche is only about 300lbs difference. The original R35 design brief was specifically targeting the Turbo Porsche, so that's comparing Apples to Apples.

Even the fully loaded Track Edition GT-R is about $65k less. Hell, even the coming Nismo GT-R is *only* going to be about $150k, $30k less than the Turbo Porsche, and damn near $100k less than a GT2 or F458.

The next gen is supposed to be around $120k base and 800HP with a Kers system. Dafuq! That's insane value.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 03-19-2014, 09:34 AM   #7

You have to keep in mind that the GTR can also carry 4 people and a bunch of crap in the trunk.

"If it has tit's or tires, you can be pretty sure your going to have problems with them..."
Old 03-19-2014, 11:06 AM   #8
Internet Tough Guy

I'm a diehard GTR hater, but it's going to be a beast. It's also going to be heavier than the current model. I predict straightened performance like the new nismo. The depends on how much and how sticky rubber use. The current model uses very sticky rubber for a street car. At its new price point they will probably op for sport cups.
2009 Jetta Auto 2.5 liter
Old 03-19-2014, 01:36 PM   #9
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 View Post
I'm a diehard GTR hater, but it's going to be a beast. It's also going to be heavier than the current model. I predict straightened performance like the new nismo. The depends on how much and how sticky rubber use. The current model uses very sticky rubber for a street car. At its new price point they will probably op for sport cups.
I was too. But it's really grown on me over the years. Would love to drive one someday just see what it's like if nothing else. I can't even imagine what a thoroughly sorted 800HP AWD car with sticky rubber would be like.

Damian, I know it has back seats, but it's 2+2, *maybe* kids but that's about all. It is however a perfectly reliable all weather DD.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 03-19-2014, 09:34 PM   #10

It may be a 2+2, but thats still way more space than a Porsche has, and even a Vette, and the 458................