Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 04-18-2012, 08:47 AM   #1

Default GTX3071R MS3 vs 91 oct stock turbo MS3

My friend and I met up a couple of weeks ago to mess around. He just installed his gtx3071r external wastegate set up. He is also on 2.5 gals of E85. He was on like 10* of max timing IIRC.

I'm running 20psi tappering to 14.5-16.5psi with 18* of max timing. Well anyways here are the videos....

Eibach Pro Kit, AEM CAI, Midevil TIP, Custom CBE, Custom Midpipe with E-cutout, Corksport DP, PTP Fuel Pump Internals, Cobb AP, HKS v2 bov, JBR SSP, step 1 colder denso plugs, tune on 18psi....301whp 338 wtq.
Rebuilt Engine, Pauter rods, CP pistions with .020 overbore, ARP main and head studs, Cosmetic Headgasket, SD/cpe injector seals, ACT 6 puck sprung Clutch and lightweight flywheel, FMIC, RMM, Tranny Mount, gound wireing kit. soon to come - koni yellows, retune....

Last edited by Vettezuki : 05-02-2012 at 02:52 AM.
Old 04-18-2012, 08:54 AM   #2
pain's fun, hit me again

I'm not sure if it's a smart thing to post up videos of that nature tied directly to your name. That's just me though.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!
Old 04-18-2012, 11:32 AM   #3

We were in mexico tho. Lol

Eibach Pro Kit, AEM CAI, Midevil TIP, Custom CBE, Custom Midpipe with E-cutout, Corksport DP, PTP Fuel Pump Internals, Cobb AP, HKS v2 bov, JBR SSP, step 1 colder denso plugs, tune on 18psi....301whp 338 wtq.
Rebuilt Engine, Pauter rods, CP pistions with .020 overbore, ARP main and head studs, Cosmetic Headgasket, SD/cpe injector seals, ACT 6 puck sprung Clutch and lightweight flywheel, FMIC, RMM, Tranny Mount, gound wireing kit. soon to come - koni yellows, retune....
Old 04-26-2012, 04:45 AM   #4

Looks like driving at regular fwy speeds. Lol.
Old 05-01-2012, 03:01 PM   #5

We were, did not exceed 65mph.

Old 05-02-2012, 02:53 AM   #6
I, Vettezuki

Nice. Fixed links. We will have this crap automated better in the future.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 05-03-2012, 01:50 AM   #7
Super Moderator

Sweet, what's the car on the right?

...I've always liked the Mazdaspeed 3s, surprised they didn't have more of a following. I think it was a SC top pick in Motor Trend when it came out.
Old 05-11-2012, 10:38 AM   #8

Thanks vettezuki.

The red car is the big turbo car. The Black one (right one) is mine. I have a build thread on here.if you want to check it out.

Old 06-02-2012, 10:22 AM   #9

Nice runs, the only reason I didn't buy a MS3 was because all the research I did said that the motor wasn't very stout, but with your motor work it should be just dandy, too bad they didn't come like that from the factory

The Race Car lol: 2004 Cadillac CTS-V... With things.

Better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6.
Old 06-04-2012, 10:30 AM   #10

I know. Our main problem with blown motors was 2 reasons. 1. Ppl were going wot below 3k rpms. 2. Bad tuning. There are plenty of guys that are in the 400-450whp range on stock block. There are a few ppl that are 500whp but ppl are starting to pop. So it seems stock block is good for about 450-475.

Now our problem is fuel but we arr getting some 5th/6th port injectors.