Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 06-11-2010, 11:13 PM   #21

I noticed that on my drive to work tonight. I lost count of how many people I saw pulled over.

Boost, because sometimes atmospheric pressure just isn't enough.

"If it has tit's or tires, you can be pretty sure your going to have problems with them..."
Old 06-11-2010, 11:22 PM   #22
Fast & Filthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
The popo are out in mad force. Must have got the directive to go fleece the public. I've never seen as many police pulling people over as I have in the last couple days; streets, freeways, everywhere.
It's not just that. We had the city police come through not to long ago for code enforcement. I got a ticket on the Cobra and the Explorer for no front license plates. When I went to the police station a girl that was walking in asked what I got mine for and she said she got one for blocking the sidewalk in front of her driveway. She said her bumper was only over it by about 3 inches but aparently if any part of your vehicle is over it's a ticket. Another one of my neighbors got one for being over 12 inches from the curb on two cars.
Old 06-11-2010, 11:26 PM   #23
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
Need more explanation before I believe that.
I was racing a lancer in my truck, well i had to show him who was boss and took it up to 120 to make my point, well the cop was hiding at the end of the street, lancer took off and he came after me, the cop got out SCREAMING "what the fuck is wrong with you" etc, he demands my information and as im looking for my stuff he notices my background investigation packet (had an appointment in a hour) and asked me if i was going to become a cop i replied i was in the process for LASD, he look at me and said "are you fuckin kidding me" walks back to his car and threw his citation book in the car as hard as possibly, starts to lecture me about how stupid i was etc, says hes going to give me a brake on the speeding but was going to write me up for EVERYTHING wrong with my truck, tinted windows, no front license plate, GPS blocking vision of the windshield, no mud flaps, uncovered fog lights, and excessive smoke, in the end i was glad to have gotten out of the one and that was the last time i ever raced on the street
Old 06-11-2010, 11:27 PM   #24
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
It's not just that. We had the city police come through not to long ago for code enforcement. I got a ticket on the Cobra and the Explorer for no front license plates. When I went to the police station a girl that was walking in asked what I got mine for and she said she got one for blocking the sidewalk in front of her driveway. She said her bumper was only over it by about 3 inches but aparently if any part of your vehicle is over it's a ticket. Another one of my neighbors got one for being over 12 inches from the curb on two cars.
i got the EXACT ticket 2 weeks ago my trailer hitch on my truck was hanging over the sidewalk and i got a fucking ticket, Kommiefornia is getting bad
Old 06-11-2010, 11:30 PM   #25
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
Yeah Police State! Seriously, if so many are spending so much time literally just extorting money from the public, umm, maybe we don't need so many.

I guess those 90% pensions for life don't pay for themselves.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 06-12-2010, 01:04 AM   #26
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane View Post
I was racing a lancer in my truck, well i had to show him who was boss and took it up to 120 to make my point, well the cop was hiding at the end of the street, lancer took off and he came after me, the cop got out SCREAMING "what the fuck is wrong with you" etc, he demands my information and as im looking for my stuff he notices my background investigation packet (had an appointment in a hour) and asked me if i was going to become a cop i replied i was in the process for LASD, he look at me and said "are you fuckin kidding me" walks back to his car and threw his citation book in the car as hard as possibly, starts to lecture me about how stupid i was etc, says hes going to give me a brake on the speeding but was going to write me up for EVERYTHING wrong with my truck, tinted windows, no front license plate, GPS blocking vision of the windshield, no mud flaps, uncovered fog lights, and excessive smoke, in the end i was glad to have gotten out of the one and that was the last time i ever raced on the street
Looks like he sympathized with you. You had several arrestable offenses in there btw. And he could have taken your car permanently for racing. The racing is way worse than speeding.
Old 06-12-2010, 09:21 AM   #27
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
Looks like he sympathized with you. You had several arrestable offenses in there btw. And he could have taken your car permanently for racing. The racing is way worse than speeding.
He didnt say anything about the racing, i dont think he even saw the lancer, im very aware at how lucky i was and i make sure i dont EVER do shit like that again
Old 07-07-2010, 01:12 PM   #28
I, Vettezuki

In preparation for contesting this ticket, I need to find the traffic and engineering speed survey to see what it states. If it justifies my speed or is out of date I have a fair chance of fighting. If it's "current" and does not justify my speed (no matter how rational my speed really was), not a lot of hope other than the hail marry the police officer won't respond/show up. So here's the fun part. If it's on streets within a municipality, it will be done by the city (probably) and you'll need to get them from the city. If, however, like Beach Blvd. it's a state hwy., congratulations, you get to try and get it from the correct Dept. within Cal Trans.

In the meantime, here's cvc 40802 for a speed trap:

Quote:
(1) a particular section of a highway measured as to distance and with boundaries marked, designated, or otherwise determined in order that the speed of a vehicle may be calculated by securing the time it takes the vehicle to travel the known distance.

(2) a particular section of a highway with a prima facie speed limit that is provided by this code or by local ordinance under subparagraph (a) of paragraph (2) of subdivision (a) of section 22352, or established under section 22354, 22357, 22358, or 22358.3, if that prima facie speed limit is not justified by an engineering and traffic survey conducted within five years prior to the date of the alleged violation, and enforcement of the speed limit involves the use of radar or any other electronic device that measures the speed of moving objects. This paragraph does not apply to a local street, road, or school zone.[/indent](b)

(1) for purposes of this section, a local street or road is defined by the latest functional usage and federal-aid system maps submitted to the federal highway administration, except that when these maps have not been submitted, or when the street or road is not shown on the maps, a "local street or road" means a street or road that primarily provides access to abutting residential property and meets the following three conditions:

(a) roadway width of not more than 40 feet.

(b) not more than one-half of a mile of uninterrupted length. Interruptions shall include official traffic control signals as defined in section 445.

(c) not more than one traffic lane in each direction.

(2) for purposes of this section "school zone" means that area approaching or passing a school building or the grounds thereof that is contiguous to a highway and on which is posted a standard "school" warning sign, while children are going to or leaving the school either during school hours or during the noon recess period. "school zone" also includes the area approaching or passing any school grounds that are not separated from the highway by a fence, gate, or other physical barrier while the grounds are in use by children if that highway is posted with a standard "school" warning sign.

(c)

(1) when all of the following criteria are met, paragraph (2) of this subdivision shall be applicable and subdivision (a) shall not be applicable:

(a) when radar is used, the arresting officer has successfully completed a radar operator course of not less than 24 hours on the use of police traffic radar, and the course was approved and certified by the commission on peace officer standards and training.

(b) when laser or any other electronic device is used to measure the speed of moving objects, the arresting officer has successfully completed the training required in subparagraph (a) and an additional training course of not less than two hours approved and certified by the commission on peace officer standards and training.

(c)

(i) the prosecution proved that the arresting officer complied with subparagraphs (a) and (b) and that an engineering and traffic survey has been conducted in accordance with subparagraph (b) of paragraph (2). The prosecution proved that, prior to the officer issuing the notice to appear, the arresting officer established that the radar, laser, or other electronic device conformed to the requirements of subparagraph (d).

(ii) the prosecution proved the speed of the accused was unsafe for the conditions present at the time of alleged violation unless the citation was for a violation of section 22349, 22356, or 22406.

(d) the radar, laser, or other electronic device used to measure the speed of the accused meets or exceeds the minimal operational standards of the national traffic highway safety administration, and has been calibrated within the three years prior to the date of the alleged violation by an independent certified laser or radar repair and testing or calibration facility.

(2) a "speed trap" is either of the following:

(a) a particular section of a highway measured as to distance and with boundaries marked, designated, or otherwise determined in order that the speed of a vehicle may be calculated by securing the time it takes the vehicle to travel the known distance.

(b)

(i) a particular section of a highway or state highway with a prima facie speed limit that is provided by this code or by local ordinance under subparagraph (a) of paragraph (2) of subdivision (a) of section 22352, or established under section 22354, 22357, 22358, or 22358.3, if that prima facie speed limit is not justified by an engineering and traffic survey conducted within one of the following time periods, prior to the date of the alleged violation, and enforcement of the speed limit involves the use of radar or any other electronic device that measures the speed of moving objects:

(i) except as specified in subclause (ii), seven years.

(ii) if an engineering and traffic survey was conducted more than seven years prior to the date of the alleged violation, and a registered engineer evaluates the section of the highway and determines that no significant changes in roadway or traffic conditions have occurred, including, but not limited to, changes in adjoining property or land use, roadway width, or traffic volume, 10 years.

(ii) this subparagraph does not apply to a local street, road, or school zone.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 07-07-2010, 01:15 PM   #29

This is the route Im taking. My court date is tomorrow for my "speeding" in the same place.

Boost, because sometimes atmospheric pressure just isn't enough.

"If it has tit's or tires, you can be pretty sure your going to have problems with them..."
Old 07-07-2010, 01:50 PM   #30
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damian View Post
This is the route Im taking. My court date is tomorrow for my "speeding" in the same place.
Excellent. Thank you for the additional info. I'll probably start with a trial by declaration. If that fails you can still ask for a trial in person. In short, you get two shots instead of one.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)