Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 12-17-2008, 08:11 PM   #1

Default big hit to rally racing plz read

subaru and suzuki are now joining mitsubishi in leave rally racing

http://wrc.com/jsp/index.jsp?lnk=101...of%20the%20WRC

now citroen is the only manufactor left in the game, ford is still there but they just back priveteer team not a real full manufacture back team.

damn alot of things are gonna change for the 2009 season and we are gonna see alot of priveteers get famous..and more grass roots non-money backed teams this could be a good thing for the sport.....even though in essense it could lose alot of its sponsorships. but then again this may help it come to the U.S. sense its more people oriented now

**Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car
**Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car
**Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall
**Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
Old 12-17-2008, 08:20 PM   #2
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by st-evo-9*corn fed-8urvet* View Post
subaru and suzuki are now joining mitsubishi in leave rally racing

http://wrc.com/jsp/index.jsp?lnk=101...of%20the%20WRC

now citroen is the only manufactor left in the game, ford is still there but they just back priveteer team not a real full manufacture back team.

damn alot of things are gonna change for the 2009 season and we are gonna see alot of priveteers get famous..and more grass roots non-money backed teams this could be a good thing for the sport.....even though in essense it could lose alot of its sponsorships. but then again this may help it come to the U.S. sense its more people oriented now
I'm actually a fan of factory backed privateer teams as opposed to full factory teams in a lot of ways. It brings a more "blood and guts" feel to the sport. Also, factory cars are so good these days they don't require a lot of one-off engineering.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 12-17-2008, 08:25 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
I'm actually a fan of factory backed privateer teams as opposed to full factory teams in a lot of ways. It brings a more "blood and guts" feel to the sport. Also, factory cars are so good these days they don't require a lot of one-off engineering.

lol ya im with you on that state of mind. like i said i think it will bring alot of new and welcomed change to the sport, i just hope that the big names leaving doesnt mean that the smaller privet sponsorship money leaves too.

i actually really think this is a good chance to get the wrc in the US and change some rules around and relax them a little to include more diverse cars and hopefully the U.S.

also i really think red bull has a shot at bringing it here with a vengence

for those that dont know.....redbull won the 2008 P-wrc season in there evo9 ya thats right lol....but if they can bring there name to the WRC knowing redbull and the way they think im sure they will bring a wrc round to the U.S. and as much as i hate the drink w/o a good vodka i think they are in a good possition to be calling shots and making lucrative investments in the world of drifting and rally motorsports.

i hope my dream comes true i guess we shall see

Last edited by st-evo-9*corn fed-8urvet* : 12-18-2008 at 10:05 AM.
Old 12-18-2008, 08:55 AM   #4
Boost Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by st-evo-9*corn fed-8urvet* View Post
lol ya im with you on that state of mind. like i said i think it will bring alot of new and welcomed change to the sport, i just hope that the big names leaving doesnt mean that the smaller privet sponsorship money leaves too.

i actually really think this is a good chance to get the wrc in the US and change some rules around and relax them a little to include more diverse cars and hopefully the U.S.

also i really think red bull has a shot at bringing it here with a vengence

for those that dont know.....redbull won the 2009 P-wrc season in there evo9 ya thats right lol....but if they can bring there name to the WRC knowing redbull and the way they think im sure they will bring a wrc round to the U.S. and as much as i hate the drink w/o a good vodka i think they are in a good possition to be calling shots and making lucrative investments in the world of drifting and rally motorsports.

i hope my dream comes true i guess we shall see
Wow! They're so fast they're in the future!!!

Best ET 14.668 see timeslip
Mods to come: rims + rubber, intercooler, piping, Stage 3 equivelent turbo system with aftermarket turbo and all supporting systems. Goal HP: 400fwhp Goal ET: 11.90 on slicks.

<guy in turbo eclipse>
I'd race ya, but you'd eat me up dawg!!!
Old 12-18-2008, 10:04 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlacknBoostn View Post
Wow! They're so fast they're in the future!!!
o shit my bad i ment 2008 bwahahahah

its an evo thing you guys wouldnt understand........