Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 07-20-2013, 12:25 PM   #1

Thumbs up newbie from san gabriel valley!

hey whats up everyone! new guy here at the forums! I have been to a few motorgen runs over the past few years in my fbody and they have all been pretty cool. Unfortunately my dd took a crap on me a few months back and I had to start daily driving my fbody and ya that didn't work out so well haha after a few weeks of driving a ridiculously loud 6.0 cammed z28 the local law enforcement started giving me way too much crap. So I sucked it up sold my baby and bought a nice low pro 2000pontiac gtp. Its definitely a huge change up but I think it will definitely hold me over until I can save up for another weekend warrior. So I hope to make it out sometime soon - daniel
Old 07-20-2013, 01:17 PM   #2

Don't let that motor fool you, you can make good power for fairly cheap. My parents had one quite a few years ago and I liked it a lot.

Welcome to the club!

Boost, because sometimes atmospheric pressure just isn't enough.

"If it has tit's or tires, you can be pretty sure your going to have problems with them..."
Old 07-20-2013, 02:37 PM   #3
I, Vettezuki

Welcome aboard.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 07-20-2013, 03:38 PM   #4
Internet Tough Guy

Welcome.
2009 Jetta Auto 2.5 liter
Old 07-21-2013, 05:25 PM   #5

Welcome !
Old 07-21-2013, 08:54 PM   #6

Default ...

Quote:
Don't let that motor fool you, you can make good power for fairly cheap. My parents had one quite a few years ago and I liked it a lot.

Welcome to the club!
hey thx for the welcomes guys ...ya ive heard some pretty good things about these 3.8's but I have yet to do any type of research. I haven't even had her 3months! So far there doesn't seem to be much power down low but the top end is nice and especially once that supercharger gets going. She drives smooth! I will post a pix when I get a chance.
Old 07-21-2013, 10:38 PM   #7
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunofz View Post
hey thx for the welcomes guys ...ya ive heard some pretty good things about these 3.8's but I have yet to do any type of research. I haven't even had her 3months! So far there doesn't seem to be much power down low but the top end is nice and especially once that supercharger gets going. She drives smooth! I will post a pix when I get a chance.
The durable as all hell too. I had a riend who got a solid 250k miles out of his. Of course you can shorten that to pretty much nothing with the right (i.e., wrong) combo of mods!

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 08-05-2013, 07:52 PM   #8

Default ...

heres a pic finally. shes completely stock, hasn't even seen an aftermarket air filter. so far im leaning on keeping her this way until I can save up some cash and maybe get into an frc or another camaro. Until then im just enjoying the ride. Well I plan on rolling to the run this sunday so see you all soon!

Old 08-05-2013, 07:53 PM   #9
Internet Tough Guy

A smaller SC pulley would be pretty cheap.
2009 Jetta Auto 2.5 liter
Old 08-14-2013, 05:08 PM   #10

Yeah I have seen the 3.8's in the supercharged regal put down like 400hp on a budget and they are major sleepers lol