Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 04-20-2010, 03:29 PM   #1
Site Sponsor
InjectorsPlus

Default Fuel Injection Conversion

Hey guys, what do you think of this to replace a carb? Includes EVERYTHING. Injectors, gaskets, etc...

This can be sold for $1300 for the entire kit. You pick up an ECU if you don't have one, a stock 7747 ECU (about $100 with a harness) I'll do the tune as part of the price.

So $1400-1500 DONE.

To go from carb to injection, what do you think?
Old 04-20-2010, 04:07 PM   #2
Fast & Filthy

Is this just for a SBC or other engines as well such as a BBC? How much power will it support? What size is the pump and injectors? What if I have my own intake?
Old 04-20-2010, 04:31 PM   #3
Internet Tough Guy

This is a nice kit. The price is unbeatable. I was thinking I could build on of these myself fairly easily, but I wouldn't be able to match the price point.

Intake manifold ~$300
Fuel injectors ~$250
Fuel Rails ~$100
TB ~$200
Fuel pump ~$150
FPR ~$100
Misc parts/ fittings ~$200
Machine work ~$100

Thats $1400 not including overhead and all the other business expenses (i.e. packaging , shipping , R&D........). This is a great deal!
Old 04-20-2010, 04:36 PM   #4
Fast & Filthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 View Post
This is a nice kit. The price is unbeatable. I was thinking I could build on of these myself fairly easily, but I wouldn't be able to match the price point.

Intake manifold ~$300
Fuel injectors ~$250
Fuel Rails ~$100
TB ~$200
Fuel pump ~$150
FPR ~$100
Misc parts/ fittings ~$200
Machine work ~$100

Thats $1400 not including overhead and all the other business expenses (i.e. packaging , shipping , R&D........). This is a great deal!
I agree but I want to know if it will be able to work with the 454 in the Chevelle if I add a Procharger?
Old 04-20-2010, 05:15 PM   #5
Internet Tough Guy

I don't think so Ron. I asked on the facebook post where the injectors feed. The are under the throttle body in the plenum which is fine, but it looks like they are only four injectors. That's fine for a mild motor, but would would need some really big injectors to feed that set-up. I would just make one myself. I would get the high performance manifold (carberated) that you want and then drill the bungs. Fuel rail stock is cheap (relatively) and again you can drill it out. I've actually done this before for a turbo charged E-85 2001 Honda CRB F4I motor in college. I'm sure JSUP can get the parts if he doesn't have a solid complete kit ready to go.
Old 04-20-2010, 05:18 PM   #6
I, Vettezuki

Have something like this for SBF? Sorry, don't know much about carbs, do they mount differently for typical SBC and SBF? Just curious for the snake John.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 04-20-2010, 05:24 PM   #7
Fast & Filthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Have something like this for SBF? Sorry, don't know much about carbs, do they mount differently for typical SBC and SBF? Just curious for the snake John.
No, the carb is the same so this would still work but would require a different intake. Carlos already mentioned this wouldn't flow enough the the Chevelle and I have a feeling the same will be true for the blown SBF engine you are building.
Old 04-20-2010, 05:36 PM   #8
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
No, the carb is the same so this would still work but would require a different intake. Carlos already mentioned this wouldn't flow enough the the Chevelle and I have a feeling the same will be true for the blown SBF engine you are building.
Mmm, as you may recall the carb sits on top of the blower, not the intake. It's a pull through. As for flow, our application requires a 750 as I recall.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 04-20-2010, 05:53 PM   #9
Internet Tough Guy

Ben,
The blower connects directly to the heads. It would be harder, but not impossible. It all depends on the casting. if there is an area that you can drill the runners to provide the injectors access it would be possible, but packaging would be hard. Again, I would bet JSUP would have some kind of available setup.
CNJ
Old 04-20-2010, 05:56 PM   #10
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 View Post
Ben,
The blower connects directly to the heads. It would be harder, but not impossible. It all depends on the casting. if there is an area that you can drill the runners to provide the injectors access it would be possible, but packaging would be hard. Again, I would bet JSUP would have some kind of available setup.
CNJ
Doh! I didn't notice the intake in the pic above, I just thought it was a TB type setup (injectors in the TB).

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)