Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!


Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-05-2016, 07:39 PM   #1
Shaolin CraneShaolin Crane is offline
pain's fun, hit me again
 
Shaolin Crane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 6,245
Default 1999 Corvette TCS/ABS Issues

In an attempt to get the car ready for a track day I fixed the horrendous oil leaks and detailed the engine bay. That's where everything went south. I used regular soap and very low pressure water. Few hours later getting on the freeway the tires broke loose and now the TCS/ABS error is consistent on the car.

Cleaned all the grounds, removed the EBCM plug, cleaned, applied die electric grease, reinstalled and it cleared up the C1255 code, however I am still showing a hard P1268 and C1276.

Any luck it's something stupid or did I just get the dreaded EBCM replacement that no one makes and only the few seem to have?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Lee
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 04:19 AM   #2
VettezukiVettezuki is offline
I, Vettezuki
 
Vettezuki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 14,724
Default

I'm assuming you cleared and they reset again? Still happening? If so, that's not good news . . .
__________________
Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(back burner)
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 06:00 PM   #3
Shaolin CraneShaolin Crane is offline
pain's fun, hit me again
 
Shaolin Crane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 6,245
Default

Yep cleared them, checked all the pinouts, now I have a hard No comm. error when I check the codes, so I guess it's time to grab my ankles and search for an EBCM
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Lee
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 10:07 AM   #4
VettezukiVettezuki is offline
I, Vettezuki
 
Vettezuki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 14,724
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane View Post
Yep cleared them, checked all the pinouts, now I have a hard No comm. error when I check the codes, so I guess it's time to grab my ankles and search for an EBCM
LKQ Corp might have ones at a decent price. Then again, may not be entirely stupid to get a new OEM if available.
__________________
Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(back burner)
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 12:25 AM   #5
Shaolin CraneShaolin Crane is offline
pain's fun, hit me again
 
Shaolin Crane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 6,245
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
LKQ Corp might have ones at a decent price. Then again, may not be entirely stupid to get a new OEM if available.
Well normally I would have just ordered another one, however...
GM claims to have lost most of the design schematics for the C5 during the bailout. They can't make them new anymore, there are no companies that can reliably re-manufacture them and the early modules are different than the 01+ years. There are a few on ebay ranging from 1200-2200 :/
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Lee
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 06:42 PM   #6
VettezukiVettezuki is offline
I, Vettezuki
 
Vettezuki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 14,724
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane View Post
Well normally I would have just ordered another one, however...
GM claims to have lost most of the design schematics for the C5 during the bailout. They can't make them new anymore, there are no companies that can reliably re-manufacture them and the early modules are different than the 01+ years. There are a few on ebay ranging from 1200-2200 :/
Did you check LKQ? You can also ask SpeedScene Wiring in TX. He might have a line on them or even have a few.

Also you might check through my rebuild thread. I think I bought a used one from LKQ, and sent it to a guy who does nothing but rebuild them. It's about as close to OEM as you can get.
__________________
Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(back burner)
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:49 AM.