Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 09-14-2009, 05:12 PM   #21
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRUTAL64 View Post
Yea, the Snake then the 2nd Gen Camaro and then the 240z. Yep, your life is about covered.
2JZGTE in the 2nd Gen . . . naturally.

How light can you reasonably make a 2nd Gen by the way?

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 09-14-2009, 11:28 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Don't know much (anything) about them? Anything particularly cool? Can they be had aftermarket relatively easily? If so, how much?
LOL to be honest I don't know much either. It's also on my "to fuck with list." I've become extremely curious of the motor as it hasn't come to the light of Toyota tuners yet. It's been running around since 1989 but over shadowed by more tuner friendly Toyota motors such as the 2JZ-GTE or 3S-GTE. I've done my research and my conclusion to the absence of high powered 1UZ's is expense, that is changing pretty fast lately actually. Heard cases of 800+ hp 1UZ's on stock internals but I can't confirm, I don't doubt it though, those aussies are crazy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_UZ_engine

Here's a 1005hp 1UZ car you might want to read up on.
http://www.evo.co.uk/carreviews/evoc...all_omega.html

Here's a supercharger kit I found
http://www.bulletcars.com/supercharg...35&PID=3179980

Turbo 1UZ powered cobra

I think this was pretty cool, old article from 03'. This sucker has 555,000 miles. How many trips to the moon is that lol

I'm pretty tired but that's a little on Toyota's flagship V8. I have more info on it on my other computers if your interested I can post later
Old 09-16-2009, 03:21 PM   #23
Neanderthal

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRIAN View Post

Turbo 1UZ powered cobra

Where I come from you would be shot, tared and feathered, and then hanged twice if you did that to a Cobra.
2016 Nissan Altma
Old 09-16-2009, 03:35 PM   #24
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Where I come from you would be shot, tared and feathered, and then hanged twice if you did that to a Cobra.
Now that's just not polite.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 09-16-2009, 03:37 PM   #25
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
LOL to be honest I don't know much either. It's also on my "to fuck with list." I've become extremely curious of the motor as it hasn't come to the light of Toyota tuners yet. It's been running around since 1989 but over shadowed by more tuner friendly Toyota motors such as the 2JZ-GTE or 3S-GTE. I've done my research and my conclusion to the absence of high powered 1UZ's is expense, that is changing pretty fast lately actually. Heard cases of 800+ hp 1UZ's on stock internals but I can't confirm, I don't doubt it though, those aussies are crazy.

Here's a supercharger kit I found
http://www.bulletcars.com/supercharg...35&PID=3179980

Turbo 1UZ powered cobra

I think this was pretty cool, old article from 03'. This sucker has 555,000 miles. How many trips to the moon is that lol

I'm pretty tired but that's a little on Toyota's flagship V8. I have more info on it on my other computers if your interested I can post later
I'm always interested in learning more about different engines, and how people think about solving similar problems. Maybe make a 1UZ thread in the Engine Building section.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 09-16-2009, 04:16 PM   #26
Neanderthal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
2JZGTE in the 2nd Gen . . . naturally.

How light can you reasonably make a 2nd Gen by the way?
You can probably gut it down to about 2,900 lbs easy enough. But anything after that, would begin to cost.
2016 Nissan Altma
Old 09-16-2009, 04:20 PM   #27
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
You can probably gut it down to about 2,900 lbs easy enough. But anything after that, would begin to cost.
We're talking 2,900lbs with iron block aluminum head SBC? That ain't bad at all.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 09-16-2009, 04:44 PM   #28

Quote:
South Carlina?
Old 09-16-2009, 04:48 PM   #29
Neanderthal

Quote:
South Carlina?
Whittier, California!
2016 Nissan Altma
Old 09-16-2009, 04:59 PM   #30

A 1UZ is one of those motors that adds to the "wow" factor. 2JZ's, LS1's, damn B18 Honda motors are slut motors that have been inserted in damn near everything. Building the 1UZ still pops cherry's in the engine building world, yeah it's aftermarket is a little on the slow side but it will pick up. There cheap to get, LS400's or SC400's pop up in pick your part all the time and 90% of the reason there sitting there is due to collisions.

If you want something a little more crazy get your self a 1GZ-FE, 5.0 V12