Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 03-12-2009, 10:41 PM   #641
Fast & Filthy

I've been working on the motor mounts this week after work and almost have them done. I just need to re-angle the one on the passenger side because I had the drivers side a 1/4 inch lower than the passenger side when I made the mount so the angle is just slightly off. I just need to cut the base plate and reweld it and then paint them both.

I also had to move the engine forward from where I had it originally because the rack and pinion wouldn't clear the oil pan and the engine was too high. I moved it forward so that the back of the engine is exactly the same distance from the firewall (2.5 in.) as it is in my Cobra. That means I also have to redo the trans crossmember because it is too far back. I'll take some pictures of it tomorrow while I'm working on it and post them up.

Ben, I'm hoping to have everything finished tomorrow night so that I can bring the car back to you on Saturday. Are you going to be around?
Old 03-12-2009, 10:44 PM   #642
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
. . . Ben, I'm hoping to have everything finished tomorrow night so that I can bring the car back to you on Saturday. Are you going to be around?
Yes. That'd be fantastic. I've gotta leave outta here about 3:45, that's all. Thanks again Ron for your mountain of work.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 03-12-2009, 10:49 PM   #643
Fast & Filthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Yes. That'd be fantastic. I've gotta leave outta here about 3:45, that's all. Thanks again Ron for your mountain of work.
Your welcome. Hopefully the engine placement will be good. I also measured the trans on the Cobra because of how far forward the shifter mount on the top loader is compared to the hole in the floor of the Rx-Snake. It turns out the T56 in the Cobra and the top loader are the same distance. So we are just going to have to modify the floor in the car if it is too far off.
Old 03-12-2009, 10:59 PM   #644
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Quote:
Your welcome. Hopefully the engine placement will be good. I also measured the trans on the Cobra because of how far forward the shifter mount on the top loader is compared to the hole in the floor of the Rx-Snake. It turns out the T56 in the Cobra and the top loader are the same distance. So we are just going to have to modify the floor in the car if it is too far off.
Hey Ron,

Long time no talk. How are you? How is your wife, and how are the girls? I hope all is well! I just wanted to check with you to see if you guys still wanted to go off roading on the 21st? If you still want to go, let me know and I'll add it to the calendar

Sean
Old 03-12-2009, 11:12 PM   #645
Fast & Filthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post
Hey Ron,

Long time no talk. How are you? How is your wife, and how are the girls? I hope all is well! I just wanted to check with you to see if you guys still wanted to go off roading on the 21st? If you still want to go, let me know and I'll add it to the calendar

Sean
Definately put it on the calendar. Phil and I went out to run TDS last weekend and he ended up breaking his FJ not only once but twice. The first time the crossbrace for the transfer case broke and it happened on the first hill climb. Luckily because it was a huge event there were a lot of vendors there and BFG had a welder. It's a good thing all Phil buys are BFG M/T's for his trucks! It only took us about 1.5 hours to drop the brace, get it welded and put back in. Then later in the afternoon he broke a birfield joint on another hill climb. I like it a lot better when our trucks aren't the ones breaking.
Old 03-12-2009, 11:23 PM   #646
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Quote:
Definately put it on the calendar. Phil and I went out to run TDS last weekend and he ended up breaking his FJ not only once but twice. The first time the crossbrace for the transfer case broke and it happened on the first hill climb. Luckily because it was a huge event there were a lot of vendors there and BFG had a welder. It's a good thing all Phil buys are BFG M/T's for his trucks! It only took us about 1.5 hours to drop the brace, get it welded and put back in. Then later in the afternoon he broke a birfield joint on another hill climb. I like it a lot better when our trucks aren't the ones breaking.
WOW, that's crazy. I can totally see you and Phil welding while on the trail though
Old 03-12-2009, 11:34 PM   #647
Fast & Filthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post
WOW, that's crazy. I can totally see you and Phil welding while on the trail though
We didn't even have to weld it. The BFG guy did it. Phil did give him a $10 tip though.
Old 03-13-2009, 07:50 PM   #648
Fast & Filthy

I'm done! Sorry it took so long. Ben, I'll load the car up tomorrow morning and bring it over. Should be somewhere around noon time.

Here are some pictures of the motor mounts.

Old 03-13-2009, 08:47 PM   #649
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
I'm done! Sorry it took so long. Ben, I'll load the car up tomorrow morning and bring it over. Should be somewhere around noon time. . .
Fantastic Ron! Don't forget the pan and I'll see you tomorrow.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 03-13-2009, 09:07 PM   #650
Fast & Filthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Fantastic Ron! Don't forget the pan and I'll see you tomorrow.
I already removed it and it's in the car. I also left the trans bolted up and just used a tie down to hold it up.