Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 08-10-2012, 03:32 AM   #31
I, Vettezuki

Math is absolute by definition. You mean concrete.

enkeivitte, brownie points for set analysis of terms.

Shaolin, agree, some engines will NEVER get to 5252. But if we come up with another power ratings, say, "Guy Power" that sets work and torque terms appropriately we can lower the rpm crossing to something all engines can reach, say 1,500 rpm.

I'm totally going to develop this formula. Horsepower is a bit old anyway. Brace yourselves, I'm going to use newton/meters for torque and meters for distance

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 08-10-2012, 10:23 AM   #32
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane View Post
Even if you removed the limiter many diesels wont spin that high and/or would break something before they got to 5250.
Thats a mighty fine opinion you've got there. It seems to have made its way into a logical argument... poor little opinon, it just wants to feel worthy.
Old 08-10-2012, 11:33 AM   #33
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
Thats a mighty fine opinion you've got there. It seems to have made its way into a logical argument... poor little opinon, it just wants to feel worthy.
Not an opinion, many diesels dont see even 2000rpm and never will.

There are 900hp+ 7.3l's that dont even see 4500rpm, on an ungoverned ecu. It spins to where ever the turbo and fuel system is capable.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

Stopping the world!
Old 08-10-2012, 01:46 PM   #34
I, Vettezuki

Guy's right on this one. I see no evidence and zero experience of any diesel engine spinning anywhere near 5,000 rpm. Engines will NOT just arbitrarily spin faster, they will self destruct or simply reach the rpm envelope of the system. Even the R12, without question the finest high performance RACING diesel engine ever built peaked out at just a little over 4,000 rpm.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 08-10-2012, 02:42 PM   #35
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Guy's right on this one. I see no evidence and zero experience of any diesel engine spinning anywhere near 5,000 rpm. Engines will NOT just arbitrarily spin faster, they will self destruct or simply reach the rpm envelope of the system. Even the R12, without question the finest high performance RACING diesel engine ever built peaked out at just a little over 4,000 rpm.
I will admit when i'm wrong. This is the ONLY diesel i could find that spins above 5k.
http://www.dieselpowermag.com/tech/1..._dt466_engine/

This is naturally a one off engine and at 250psi and 4 turbos i hope it would be able to spin the 7500.

Let me say, holy shit, 3000hp

EDIT apparently it was a puller engine and torque cant be measured since it cant be loaded properly. Its best time was a 6.82 at 205mph. Seem like with the amount of power it makes it should go faster. However Adam's argument of any engine eventually spinning to a given rpm when its given time just doesnt work.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

Stopping the world!
Old 08-10-2012, 06:37 PM   #36
That's Mr. Bitch to you.

What Bitches:

2012 Sand Storm (Toy Hauler)
2008 Cadillac STS-V (The Car)
2008 2500 HD Silverado (The Work Truck)
2008 Honda TRX400 (Her Bike)
2006 Honda TRX450R (The Bike)
2005 Mazda 3 2.3L (Her Car)
2003 2500 HD Duramax (The Truck)

P.S. Fuck Apple.
Old 08-10-2012, 07:05 PM   #37
pain's fun, hit me again

I'm not seeing 5250 in that video

Stopping the world!
Old 08-11-2012, 07:00 AM   #38
That's Mr. Bitch to you.

You have to admit that's pretty close for what it is.

2012 Sand Storm (Toy Hauler)
2008 Cadillac STS-V (The Car)
2008 2500 HD Silverado (The Work Truck)
2008 Honda TRX400 (Her Bike)
2006 Honda TRX450R (The Bike)
2005 Mazda 3 2.3L (Her Car)
2003 2500 HD Duramax (The Truck)

P.S. Fuck Apple.
Old 08-11-2012, 11:25 AM   #39
pain's fun, hit me again

Still not the argument. The argument was that ANY engine, will make it to 5250 if its given enough time.

I know my 6.4 doesnt get anywhere near 4200

Stopping the world!
Old 08-15-2012, 01:48 PM   #40
Super Moderator

Thats silly Ben. You think a diesel engine isnt built with parts at least as strong as your cute lil gas motors? Its like reving your ls1 to 8k rpm, itll start to slow way down and choke out because its not making any power up there, but itll do it. Theres just no purpose, and high risk.

You have a mental road block, but no rationale to support what youre saying.