Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 04-26-2013, 04:02 PM   #1351
I, Vettezuki

They're already pretty darn low. I don't see tanking from where they are. What would that even mean? $5k for a C5Z that's in decent shape?. I don't see that happening.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 04-26-2013, 04:35 PM   #1352
Super Moderator

Especially not when people are paying that for a rebuildable LS1
Old 04-26-2013, 05:32 PM   #1353
Super Moderator

How does the shifter feel in a C5-C6? Like a FWD car? Kind of rubbery I would think.

I love the feeling of a solid ratchet shifter in the trans with a short throw. Not saying I wouldnt give it up for a new Vette
Old 04-26-2013, 07:14 PM   #1354
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
They might go down a bit, but theyll level off. Just like the Supra and my car, theyre too desirable to drop to nothing.
Several floating around 8k.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

Stopping the world!
Old 04-27-2013, 12:32 AM   #1355
Super Moderator

Wow
Old 04-28-2013, 06:11 AM   #1356
pain's fun, hit me again

Yeah. There was a time where c4 absolutely tanked. I'm talking 1-2k for clean running cars, they'll dip pretty serious hopefully and i'll get to grab one finally.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

Stopping the world!
Old 04-28-2013, 11:07 AM   #1357
I, Vettezuki

Considering the engine packages from wreckers and salvage donor cars are in the 2-5 range, I think the market is probably flattening out around a bottom. Also, the economy in general is picking up notably and you're not the only "Guy" (ha, see what I did there) to know that a C5 is a good platform and want one.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 04-28-2013, 01:48 PM   #1358
Super Moderator

I want a C6 GS, I love those factory flares. Although I wouldnt mind getting a C5 /C6 and doing some custom flares.
Old 04-28-2013, 11:39 PM   #1359
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Considering the engine packages from wreckers and salvage donor cars are in the 2-5 range, I think the market is probably flattening out around a bottom. Also, the economy in general is picking up notably and you're not the only "Guy" (ha, see what I did there) to know that a C5 is a good platform and want one.
Maybe, i've seen several totaled c5's for 3-4k lately and several ls1/t56's for about 1500 or less.

Stopping the world!
Old 04-29-2013, 01:48 AM   #1360
Super Moderator

LS1 T56 for 1.5K? Nooo wayyy