Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 08-18-2009, 10:57 PM   #81
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
Big G runs a Holley last time I checked.
I think he's running a FAST setup.

http://motorgen.com/forum/showthread...2525#post22525

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 08-28-2009, 03:28 PM   #82
Super Moderator

Installed 78s/88s and drilled my IABs out to 78, HSABs are still 28.

Cruise right around 13.5 (Needs some work and research. I think it will come down to a balance between the IFRs and the IABs and the idle mixture screws.)
WOT right around 11.8:1 YEAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!
Idle right around 14.8:1

Suck on that suckas!
Old 08-28-2009, 10:07 PM   #83
Fast & Filthy

Quote:

Cruise right around 13.5 (Needs some work and research. I think it will come down to a balance between the IFRs and the IABs and the idle mixture screws.)

Suck on that suckas!
This is perfect for right now but remember as soon as winter comes it's going change. Also, 11.8 at WOT is a little lean in the higher boost levels.
Old 08-29-2009, 02:08 AM   #84
I, Vettezuki

Quote:

Suck on that suckas!
Congrats yo. Do you still find the WOT to be lacking because of the retarded timing? We can try a little Torco if you like, that stuff works and since you're only bombing around in the Vette, it wouldn't be a big expense.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 08-29-2009, 03:19 AM   #85
Super Moderator

11.8 is lean?! What would you shoot for?

I think the 24 degrees of timing is sort of ridiculous, & I don't like the idea of having to add something to my gas ever. I think part of the problem was the 15:1 AFR, I feel a little more confident about abusing the engine with a sub 12 AFR. And I think I'll prob bring the timing up to 28.
Old 08-29-2009, 08:30 AM   #86
Fast & Filthy

Quote:
11.8 is lean?! What would you shoot for?

I think the 24 degrees of timing is sort of ridiculous, & I don't like the idea of having to add something to my gas ever. I think part of the problem was the 15:1 AFR, I feel a little more confident about abusing the engine with a sub 12 AFR. And I think I'll prob bring the timing up to 28.
I have around 11.5 up until about 4800-5000rpms and then it drops to 10.5 to help keep it from detonating. You should be fine with 11.8 as long as it's not detonating.
Old 09-30-2009, 01:22 PM   #87
Super Moderator

I called BG tech again... because I like wasting my time apparently. It was actually entertaining to call them. I tell myself that I'm going to direct the conversation a certain way to pull a very specific answer out of them... and it never works.

Today I was trying to figure out how much of a jump I should make on the IFRs to lean out 1 AFR point, sounds doable right? Nope! He starts lecturing me on how I want to cruise at 12.8:1... And how I should lean out my HSABs, that's right... high speed bleeds... to .043s!!! Remember, I had 33? HSABs which caused my piston to pop at 15:1 AFR and it took 28 HSABs to get my motor down to 12:1... now he wants me to install 43 HSABs!!!

Idiot!!! Why do I keep calling them?! How does that guy, Jeff, have a job there? How?! With this economy? I wouldn't trust him to change the oil on my Neon. He'd prob try to put some antifreeze in there to keep the motor running super cool!
Old 09-30-2009, 01:24 PM   #88
Super Moderator

Anyways, think I'll try some 29 IFRs to replace my 36s. The AFR will stay mid 13 in the city in 4th but it jumps to high 12s on the freeway in 6th.

Then my WOT is fat happy during the day, but leans up at night. Wish my Demon came with a computer. Haha.
Old 10-01-2009, 07:18 PM   #89

Quote:
Anyways, think I'll try some 29 IFRs to replace my 36s. The AFR will stay mid 13 in the city in 4th but it jumps to high 12s on the freeway in 6th.

Then my WOT is fat happy during the day, but leans up at night. Wish my Demon came with a computer. Haha.
Can you log knock?

Boost, because sometimes atmospheric pressure just isn't enough.

"If it has tit's or tires, you can be pretty sure your going to have problems with them..."
Old 10-01-2009, 09:55 PM   #90
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damian View Post
Can you log knock?
Nope. I have a knocklite, but it doesn't work with my big cam... Need to ebay it.