Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 07-21-2012, 06:52 PM   #1

Default Strange encounter with LASD today...

I was on my way back to the yard in my work truck, a 3500 Chevy Siverado that carries two 3 yard trash dumpsters on the back, sort of like a forklift on rails that lifts the bins off the ground.

As I was passing the last on ramp just before my exit an old Toyota with a contractors bed and lumber rack with four or five sheets of drywall strapped to the rack came onto the freeway, as he entered the roadway about 150 yards ahead of me and two lanes to the right, four feet of the two top sheets bend up and break, slamming into the car immediately behind him and exploding into gypsum dust.

As I see this happening in front of me, I thought 'wow, lucky it happened ri...' HOLY CRAP!'

A black and white has pulled diagonally in front of me in the number three lane and the guy in the number four lane and stops, just stops! Meanwhile we're already 100 yards past the truck and two cars who pulled over into the breakdown lane as soon as it happened.

Now Officer Flightsuit, complete with tactical holster and badge on a chain flings open his door, storms out of his patrol car up to my passenger window and starts yelling at me because apparently as he pulled his maneuver I threw up my hands in a 'WTF' type gesture...

I was busy trying to keep my truck and four thousand pounds of garbage from slamming into his car or going sideways on the 710 and causing a real headache.

All that weight is up high and the wheel base is short, you do the math.

"What the **** is your damned problem? Can't you see this is a public safety hazard, why the **** are you throwing your ****ing hands up for? Don't you see what's going on here?"

I started to try and explain myself, or at least what I thought happened in this thirty second situation but for some reason I have an angry black man in a uniform with a gun screaming at me about an accident we passed before he pulled in front of me! I was stunned speechless, I totally had no idea how to react, I mean if I did give him a WTF kinda gesture it was only because I couldn't figure out why he was closing two lanes of freeway traffic, after the principals had moved to the side of the road BEHIND us.

"Get this ****ing truck the **** out of here right ****ing now!"

I slammed down the accelerator and left him in a cloud of diesel smoke, to be quite honest, I was truly frightened by the officers erratic actions and didn't want to give him the chance to 'misinterpret' anything I did and end up getting 'Kinged' on the freeway.

I've dealt with the police more than anyone here who isn't a cop , I guarantee it (maybe, here I aint so sure... ). Fifteen years playing repo man in the middle of the night, you run into a lot of LEO's. Even with a couple of 9mm's aimed at my head in a felony stop, I never really had any fear, the situation always had a certain amount of control to it. You play it out to it's logical conclusion and every one goes away safe and happy, easy peasy. I haven't had to deal with LEO on a regular basis for a few years now but I'm no less a man but damn man, that cop had me shaking and ghostly white in ten seconds time.

Two bulls are standing on top of a mountain. The younger one says to the older one: "Hey pop, what's say we run down there and fuck one of them cows". "No son" the older one says,"Lets walk down and fuck 'em all".
Old 07-21-2012, 10:35 PM   #2
I, Vettezuki

I'd probably act exactly the same, say little to nothing with a angle just to get away from the copper. They sort of have a license to spectacularly douchey.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 07-21-2012, 10:54 PM   #3
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Small White Car View Post
I've dealt with the police more than anyone here who isn't a cop , I guarantee it (maybe, here I aint so sure... ). Fifteen years playing repo man in the middle of the night, you run into a lot of LEO's. Even with a couple of 9mm's aimed at my head in a felony stop, I never really had any fear, the situation always had a certain amount of control to it. You play it out to it's logical conclusion and every one goes away safe and happy, easy peasy. I haven't had to deal with LEO on a regular basis for a few years now but I'm no less a man but damn man, that cop had me shaking and ghostly white in ten seconds time.

If you say so. Guarantee is a strong word. If he's not pointing a gun at you then its probably not as bad as you recall from the action. I'm not defending the officer, but if you just avoided an accident, then that happens your body has a certain amount of "hightened" sensitivy. I'm sure the officer was in a similar situation, again not excusing his actions.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

Stopping the world!
Old 07-21-2012, 11:41 PM   #4
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane View Post
If you say so. Guarantee is a strong word. If he's not pointing a gun at you then its probably not as bad as you recall from the action. I'm not defending the officer, but if you just avoided an accident, then that happens your body has a certain amount of "hightened" sensitivy. I'm sure the officer was in a similar situation, again not excusing his actions.
If they can't remain calm and in control (these go together) I'm not sure what they're paid for. Any jackass can get wound up.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 07-22-2012, 01:12 AM   #5

you are right I have alot of friends and family in law enforcement and part of your training is to remain calm and under control in high stress situations because if you aren't in control then who will be. As for the deputies rudeness that is completly against policy and should be reported. no matter what law enforcement has no right to be rude to any citizen
1974 DeTomaso Pantera (300 hp)
2007 Parnelli Jones saleen (425 hp)
2008 GT500 (650 hp)
2006 Mustang GT (360 hp)
1967 GT500 clone (500 hp)
1987 2.3 16 Cosworth Mercedes (190hp)
1976 Turbo Cosworth Vega (300hp)
Old 07-22-2012, 03:17 AM   #6
pain's fun, hit me again

I wasnt defending his actions, just looking at it from a logical view. I dont think he handled it very well either.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

Stopping the world!
Old 07-22-2012, 11:38 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane View Post

Like I said, not so sure on this web site, others (where I posted my rant) I can be sure but anyway...

Except for the officer, I was free and clear of the accident, it all took place in the run up lane to the freeway, it was fun to watch but it was very minor and didn't warrant the officer even stopping much less going into a rage over my actions. The officer put me into a dangerous situation with his actions and then proceeded to go off on me for reacting to them. Like I said, I was stunned speechless, I had no idea what to say to the cop (except for "I can't believe anyone would do something soooo stupid" but I like not spending time in handcuffs) knowing anything I said would have done nothing but escalate the situation.

What I saw, and I have seen it many times before, was an unstable person who has some authority ready to bust my balls for something he did but I don't dare question anything because of his inability to admit that as a police officer he is NOT infallible and that WHATEVER he does, because he is a LEO is right and just.

The truth of the matter is that some folks should just flat out not be LEO's period but in the day and age of 'diversity' we are forced to scoop from an unsuitable pool of candidates so as not to look too lopsided.

Ponderous man, just ponderous...
Two bulls are standing on top of a mountain. The younger one says to the older one: "Hey pop, what's say we run down there and fuck one of them cows". "No son" the older one says,"Lets walk down and fuck 'em all".
Old 07-22-2012, 10:50 PM   #8

I was exiting a fwy and a female CHP was stopped on the right shoulder of the ramp, she started moving before I reached her and the shoulder ended and she bounced thru a hole I moved to the lane to the left, she then pulled over in front of me again. This whole time she was less than 2 car lengths in front of me.
After she gets control she gives me this look thru her mirror which I responded to the same way, threw my hands in the air.
We were in the middle lane now which allows cars to go left or right. I purposely never put my right blinker on. She pulled out to the middle of the 3 xstreet lanes and stopped waiting for me to commit. I wouldn't I sat there like I'm not moving until I know where you are going. She turned left and then I went right. I don't know what she wanted but I didn't care to hear it.
Old 07-22-2012, 11:23 PM   #9
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Small White Car View Post
The truth of the matter is that some folks should just flat out not be LEO's period but in the day and age of 'diversity' we are forced to scoop from an unsuitable pool of candidates so as not to look too lopsided.

Ponderous man, just ponderous...
That sounds almost on the racist side, not to mention horribly uninformed with departments hiring processes.

When I applied for OCSD there were 3000 applicants for the June testing date. This was just a 7 day application period. With this many applicants the departments should be able to hire the best of the best. Yet LEO's are still people and that might have been his bad day. His skin color has nothing to do with his actions as many of the "dick head" officers i've dealt with were all white. Your post just comes off incredibly ignorant.

Stopping the world!
Old 07-23-2012, 11:15 AM   #10

It's because he was black.

Shaolin belief: Repay every wrong with forgiveness and kindness.