Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 12-12-2008, 08:58 PM   #1
Super Moderator

Default FS: 95 Black Neon Coupe, 87K miles

$2,000 OBO. This has the 2.0L DOHC engine. It has a newer 5 speed (from a 97, with the numerically lower final drive and OD). AC. And it was recently painted less than a year ago, I also refinished the headlights.

New Luk clutch/ pressure plate/ throw out bearing at 75K miles
New Fel Pro MLS Head gasket at 80K miles
New Valves at 80K miles
New Valve guides at 80K miles
Head resurfaced and hot tanked at 80K miles
New Good Year Timing belt at 80K miles
New Good Year Timing Belt Idler Pulleys at 80K miles
New MSD spark plug wires at 78K miles
New NGK Copper spark plugs at 78K miles
New front tires (205 wide) at 87K miles!
Newer 97 trans at 87K miles!
Shifter cable grommets replaced last year.
Trans mounts filled with urethane recently.
New Sony CD player and new Pioneer co-axial speakers installed about 2 years ago. Sounds great!

Vin: 1B3ES42Y2S0352228

Changed the oil and filter with Mobil 1 Fully Synthetic about a month ago. The trans has RedLine MTL synthetic in it.

NOT a salvage title. Nothing wrong with the car. The catalytic converter rattles around a lot and makes noise. If you don't try to talk the price down I'll include a high flow cat along with the car, you can have it welded on for $50. Although, you don't really need to. The car passes smog just fine. Also, the AC takes about 10 minutes to work, you should have it charged if it bothers you. This will also come with a spare drivers side window. Also, there is a crack in the front window. Also, if the car sells for $2000, I'll include a set of blue coil over springs, made for McPherson struts. I'm selling this because I'm going to be buying a motorcycle.

This was taken this year, but before the headlights were refinished. I'll post a pic of the headlights below it.

Last edited by enkeivette : 12-25-2008 at 12:37 PM.
Old 12-12-2008, 10:09 PM   #2
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Why are you getting rid of it Enkei?
Old 12-12-2008, 11:02 PM   #3
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post
Why are you getting rid of it Enkei?
I want a bike.
Old 12-25-2008, 12:37 PM   #4
Super Moderator

Bump, price drop.
Old 12-25-2008, 10:33 PM   #5
I, Vettezuki

Let me preface the following with "I've been drinking".

Say, why don't you take out the useless bits like engine and trans and donate the rest to Motorgen. (Actually, you could part out a lot more than just the engine/trans.) I have an L83 and 700R4 sitting on my patio calling out to do something. If we could get some other go-fast donations, and MG sponsorship (I think I could work that out ), we could make a community drag car. Anybody who participates meaningfully could drive it.

Just say'n. Maybe you're just looking for some scratch. . .

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 12-26-2008, 02:08 AM   #6
Super Moderator

I just dropped $17K on tuition and bought $900 worth of books. For the next few years, "donate" will not be in my vocabulary.
Old 12-26-2008, 09:09 AM   #7
Graphics B*tch

Maybe we can start a collection and see if we can come up with the money to buy it ans sell the parts we do not need. We may not have to put that much into it if we do that. How much could we get for the engine and trans. We could charge like $50 a track day to run the beast or something. If this is a no go I say we go down to autozone soone and pimp out Sean DD.

'13 Ford Fusion SE (2.0L EcoBoost)(Conor)

'03 Zinc Yellow Mach 1(Yazmine)
290HP / 305TQ
1/4 mile ET: 13.28 @ 101MPH (1.867 60')

'99 White F-150 (4.6L)(Bud Jr.)-gone but never forgotten
Old 12-26-2008, 09:24 AM   #8
Neanderthal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leedom View Post
Maybe we can start a collection and see if we can come up with the money to buy it ans sell the parts we do not need. We may not have to put that much into it if we do that. How much could we get for the engine and trans. We could charge like $50 a track day to run the beast or something. If this is a no go I say we go down to autozone soone and pimp out Sean DD.

Ok, for the collection, I'll put the first dollar in.

2016 Nissan Altma
Old 12-28-2008, 12:42 AM   #9
Super Moderator

If you guys want to tear into a shitty car, go with a Honda CRX hatchback. Those suckers weigh like 2K lbs.

My Neon is actually kind of in high demand seeing as how it's the coupe with the DOHC and a stick. 2nd fastest car that Dodge produced in the mid 90s, isn't that pathetic? Anyways, all the Neon ricers have been e-mailing me about it.
Old 12-28-2008, 01:00 AM   #10
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
If you guys want to tear into a shitty car, go with a Honda CRX hatchback. Those suckers weigh like 2K lbs.

My Neon is actually kind of in high demand seeing as how it's the coupe with the DOHC and a stick. 2nd fastest car that Dodge produced in the mid 90s, isn't that pathetic? Anyways, all the Neon ricers have been e-mailing me about it.

That's great brother. Sell that sucker on down the river. Motorgen will eventually land on a good project car, uh, project. I see 914s and 240sx rollers in the sub $2k range. They both take a SBC (in their own perverted way).

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)