Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 06-15-2010, 01:20 PM   #61
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
The old 302 uses a 28oz flywheel and balancer and the new 302 use 50oz. Do you have a part number for flywheel? I'll look it up and see what it comes up as.
It's the 50oz (hence the 50):

463100-50

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 06-15-2010, 01:21 PM   #62
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
On a side note, write down the SFI number for the flywheel. We'll need it for the tech card once we start racing it. Same goes for anything that has an SFI number in it.
Noted. The scatter shield had an SFI number on a majorly faded sticker. I say had, because when we didn't have any money, we did things like paint it an exquisite Ford Red.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 06-15-2010, 02:04 PM   #63
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
The old 302 uses a 28oz flywheel and balancer and the new 302 use 50oz. Do you have a part number for flywheel? I'll look it up and see what it comes up as.
Sure but just cause it an old block doesnt mean you cant use a 50oz flywheel, or vise versa
Old 06-15-2010, 02:07 PM   #64
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
I figured as much, just thought I'd throw it out and see what happens.
Yep, you have my cell number, give me a call whenever you plan on working on it
Old 06-15-2010, 02:53 PM   #65

Might wanna check the balancer. I don't remember what I had on there. But I think it had a 28 oz weight on it. IIRC you could just switch out the counterweight to a 50 oz. if you needed to.

HP numbers are good and all, but they are like asking someone how much they can bench. What difference does it make if I can still kick your ass?
Old 06-15-2010, 02:58 PM   #66
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedls View Post
Might wanna check the balancer. I don't remember what I had on there. But I think it had a 28 oz weight on it. IIRC you could just switch out the counterweight to a 50 oz. if you needed to.
It's already dropped off with FPS. I'm sure they'll tell me if I need to change something.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 06-15-2010, 04:49 PM   #67
Fast & Filthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane View Post
Sure but just cause it an old block doesnt mean you cant use a 50oz flywheel, or vise versa
Correct but the crank makes a difference. If the crank is for 28oz we have to use 28oz balancer and flywheel.
Old 06-15-2010, 04:57 PM   #68
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Correct but the crank makes a difference. If the crank is for 28oz we have to use 28oz balancer and flywheel.
Do you remember? I thought it was all 50 oz. I called the place I dropped it off at, a tech glanced and said it looked all matched up (err, don't know what that means.) At the the moment, the only thing I'm 100% sure is 50 oz is the FW.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 06-15-2010, 05:00 PM   #69
Fast & Filthy

Quote:
Do you remember? I thought it was all 50 oz. I called the place I dropped it off at, a tech glanced and said it looked all matched up (err, don't know what that means.) At the the moment, the only thing I'm 100% sure is 50 oz is the FW.
Unless the crank was changed from stock it should be 50oz. The machine shop will know so I wouldn't worry about it.
Old 06-15-2010, 05:07 PM   #70
Fast & Filthy

Quote:
Noted. The scatter shield had an SFI number on a majorly faded sticker. I say had, because when we didn't have any money, we did things like paint it an exquisite Ford Red.
What make is the scatter shield?