Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 07-04-2009, 03:20 AM   #11
I, Vettezuki

Thanks BRIAN, that's good to know.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 07-04-2009, 04:05 AM   #12
Super Moderator

The intake and exhaust ports are in different locations? I was getting excited till I read that, different port location = different cylinder head design = different flow characteristics = different, and likely less hp.

But still, might be cost effective to buy a NA Supra, convert to the 6 speed, swap the pistons/ HG, buy an aftermarket head/ cams/ fuel system and slap on your turbo. If you're planning to build the motor anyways, not really so much work. You can do pistons in the car, I'm proof of that.
Old 07-04-2009, 09:13 AM   #13

Ehh I really wouldn't say less HP. This is one of those times I wish I had my own concrete numbers as the debate continues on about the exhaust and intake ports today. The GTE has larger intake ports on the head while whereas the GE has larger exhaust ports. I've seen flow numbers but I can't really give you my word on which flows more as neither (as far as I know) have been tested on the same benches one after the other. I'll leave you to make your own decision. I chose the NA head

For my personal goals of building a 450RWHp daily for my 89 Supra this is the route I'm going. It's the most cost effective for me including the fact that I still need smog every other year and this motor can deliver. The U.S has smog equipment (EGR) but they run you around 4k to 5k easily. The jap spec motors have ZERO chance of passing, no ports, flanges, or any kind of way of bolting on any kind of emissions, but readily available online for about 2k.
Old 07-04-2009, 11:07 AM   #14
Super Moderator

Will the TT head bolt on to the NA block?
Old 07-04-2009, 12:24 PM   #15

Yes.

Look into the 1JZ too, 9K RPMs no problem.
Old 07-05-2009, 03:22 PM   #16

is you want to do a build between these 2 in the US and for being the more stout motor get the 2 JAY-Z hahah, it has more of a supporting base in the US, it can make stupid power, as far as a twin turbo set up ive seen them up to 6XXHP after that most just go single turbo and shoot for 1200HP. there are a gang bang of mod's in the US for this engine.

now as for the RB26det its a great engine, but you gotta take it from the jap perspective as far as how the engine and skyline and the modding of them actually plays out.

japs always aim for a perfect all around car, meaning 350-480hp with great suspention and brake etc. thats y you never see many rb's in the OH SHIT power ranges. it would be fround appon in there car society by the purist.

so the modification pool is limited to moderat hp ranged and everything is aimed and being pretty looking with reliable moderate fun sized power and power bands for the RB.

so stick with a 2jz for availibility of oem and aftermarket parts for all needs of power.

someone did a very good write up on comparing the evo engine and the RB engine and for real it came out to the evo engine being more stout and pretty much a 4 cyl RB engine. so ya stick with the 2jz

**Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car
**Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car
**Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall
**Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
Old 07-06-2009, 12:55 AM   #17
FWD = FAIL

Old 07-06-2009, 01:41 AM   #18
I, Vettezuki

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 07-06-2009, 11:30 AM   #19
Super Moderator

As the accelerator pedal is depressed, it pulls the throttle cable which moves the bucket further from JayZ, causing him to run faster.
Old 07-06-2009, 12:31 PM   #20
Neanderthal

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post

As the accelerator pedal is depressed, it pulls the throttle cable which moves the bucket further from JayZ, causing him to run faster.
2016 Nissan Altma