Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 11-23-2010, 08:07 PM   #1

Default Tsa

I couldn't help it. Topical, No?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cavsearch..JPG (68.1 KB, 10 views)
Old 11-23-2010, 08:26 PM   #2
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

The whole TSA thing is so depressing. I feel like the terrorists have won
Old 11-23-2010, 08:55 PM   #3
Super Moderator

I saw something on TV that said while testing airport security, testers were able to sneak like 8 out of 10 bombs onto planes. I believe it.

Coming back from Cancun on the plane, I went into my backpack to get my CD player, and I dropped my switch blade... Oops, forgot I left that in my bag. And airport security didn't notice. But they certainly made me throw my drink away because it was over 3oz. Thank goodness they have jobs.
Old 11-23-2010, 10:35 PM   #4

You think that's bad. Someone at the TSA thought it was funny enough to set it as his desktop background in plain sight of commuters in Indianapolis.
Old 11-23-2010, 11:11 PM   #5

I heard somebody on the radio say, if the do the pat down, when they get to the groin, lean into it and make it unpleasant for them too...
Old 11-23-2010, 11:18 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdracer73 View Post
I heard somebody on the radio say, if the do the pat down, when they get to the groin, lean into it and make it unpleasant for them too...
If I go flying I'm going to opt out of the scanner, walk up to the guy with the biggest smile, throw out some innuendo, and make it as uncomfortable as possible. He's going to work for my tax money damn it.
Old 11-24-2010, 12:24 AM   #7
I, Vettezuki

I'll hold back on my usual novella response and just have a little fun.

But first, from a more serious POV, this is how I see it basically.

In simple terms, I don't believe in a Federal responsibility for transportation safety within our borders. I think it's a radical over reaction that bodes ill for anything resembling a country that even wants to pretend that it's sorta free. Airlines and airports don't want dead customers since they present a legal liability and don't pay all that well being dead an all. they also know that customers want to feel safe when they travel. Only a market can sort out the appropriate (don't ever confuse with perfect) level of security/inconvenience, over time and response to the world as it is. There should be essentially no restrictions on what airlines can do for their own security, including El Al style profiling, putting their own armed guards on planes, setting up frequent flier high speed passes, etc.

Now for some fun, since nobody apparently saw, or shares my amusement at Japanese humor.

TSA Ganstas. NOT WORK SAFE

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 11-24-2010, 12:28 AM   #8
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post
The whole TSA thing is so depressing. I feel like the terrorists have won
The terrorists will never win much of anything. They're just annoying for the most part. Americans, sometimes thankfully, have a remarkably short attention span and just want to have fun. And, as we've been seeing lately still know how to tell the government to fu*k itself. Praise be to Allah. Err, you know what I mean. This is how Miley sees it.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 11-24-2010, 06:23 AM   #9

Send a message via AIM to two drink minimum

I find it pretty interesting that congressional Republicans have become so wary of aggressive security measures in the last week. How times change... when there's a Democratic president.
Old 11-24-2010, 10:32 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by two drink minimum View Post
I find it pretty interesting that congressional Republicans have become so wary of aggressive security measures in the last week. How times change... when there's a Democratic president.
Isn't it interesting. 2001 to 2008 if you weren't all in favor of throwing your civil liberties and right to privacy down the tube in the name of 'security' you were a terrorist loving hippy communist that needs to "get the hell out of my country".

Now these invasions of privacy are all the fault of us 'hippy communist terrorists lovers'.