Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 12-19-2008, 11:01 AM   #11
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post
That's awesome dude. That beats my slipping belt 1/8th mile time and mph at California Speedway. I think if I went to Irwindale with everything solved the Cobra should do like 92/93mph in the 1/8th. Maybe after I get the x-pipe installed I'll borrow Mark's tires again and give it a shot.
Actually my best MPH at Irwindale is almost 91.
http://motorgen.com/garage/timeslip.php?SlipID=76

That was on street tires. I was down 3-5mph at CSW last time and almost 3mph last night. Except for humidity, atmospheric conditions were almost ideal last night, very cool and VERY high pressure, almost sea level. There are 3 things I did just before this fall off in mph.
Remove MAF screen
Put in heavy motor oil 15W/40
Put in heavier trans fluid mix of 80/90 and ATF

But it's hard to imagine the oil and trans fluid sucking up almost 5mph, that's quite a lot, so I think something else is going on.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 12-19-2008, 11:20 AM   #12
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Actually my best MPH at Irwindale is almost 91.
http://motorgen.com/garage/timeslip.php?SlipID=76

That was on street tires. I was down 3-5mph at CSW last time and almost 3mph last night. Except for humidity, atmospheric conditions were almost ideal last night, very cool and VERY high pressure, almost sea level. There are 3 things I did just before this fall off in mph.
Remove MAF screen
Put in heavy motor oil 15W/40
Put in heavier trans fluid mix of 80/90 and ATF

But it's hard to imagine the oil and trans fluid sucking up almost 5mph, that's quite a lot, so I think something else is going on.

LOL, with my combo after doing some research the car should be good for between 93 and 96 mph in the 1/8. California Speedway sucks and I can't drive FTL.
Old 12-19-2008, 03:15 PM   #13
Graphics B*tch

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post
LOL, with my combo after doing some research the car should be good for between 93 and 96 mph in the 1/8. California Speedway sucks and I can't drive FTL.
Smile Sean, I am still slower than you.

'13 Ford Fusion SE (2.0L EcoBoost)(Conor)

'03 Zinc Yellow Mach 1(Yazmine)
290HP / 305TQ
1/4 mile ET: 13.28 @ 101MPH (1.867 60')

'99 White F-150 (4.6L)(Bud Jr.)-gone but never forgotten
Old 12-19-2008, 03:38 PM   #14
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leedom View Post
Smile Sean, I am still slower than you.
At this point I would usually make fun of Ford; you know, in good humor. However, Tiana has got an 8 second Fox so I'll keep it myself this time.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 12-19-2008, 10:32 PM   #15
I, Vettezuki

Check the first post for vids.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 12-20-2008, 03:12 PM   #16

yea that was brandon racing the lightning lol
sleepin at light and stuff HAHA!
Old 12-20-2008, 08:06 PM   #17
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by TV8M View Post
yea that was brandon racing the lightning lol
sleepin at light and stuff HAHA!
Guess you're the one with the killer instincts.

Here's a comparo of my best this time out vs. last time. Note I was on DRs this time and atmospheric conditions were better, yet only very marginally faster. My last two outings I've been well below expected performance. Something is up but everything feels and sounds fine. Wonder if its just the heavier oil and trans fluid???

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)