Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 01-19-2015, 06:42 PM   #601
pain's fun, hit me again

Tune went ok, Steve worked on some driveability issues, starting issues, etc. When it came time to make power the fuel pressure would drop off anywhere between 3900-4300rpm. So he said either a line is kinked, which I doubt since I replaced them all, or the hose that is on the pump inside the pickup blew apart. I'll drop the tank some time this week and probably redo the fuel lines with Russel fittings and SS braided lines just to be safe.

Still made 400rwhp/420rwtq @4200rpm and 11.57 psi with a TON of tire spin, enough that they were blowing smoke like a train. So next time I need some sticky tires before we strap it down. He figures in its current state, at at 4200 its making 450ish and has no doubts 600rwhp can be squeezed out of it.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!
Old 01-22-2015, 05:50 PM   #602
pain's fun, hit me again

Finished my fuel system with -6 and -8 lines. If that doesnt supply enough I'll know it's the pump, guess I'll find out tomorrow.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!
Old 01-23-2015, 11:19 PM   #603
pain's fun, hit me again

Got my glass trim back from the powder coater today, installed them along with a new cowl panel and windshield pieces.

Then I took it on its maiden voyage to the dojo, fuel issues seem to be fixed and the car drove like a dream.

Tomorrow i'll wash it, wax it and finish tinkering with the interior in prep for angeles crest.

Stopping the world!
Old 01-23-2015, 11:28 PM   #604
pain's fun, hit me again

Moved all the recent car stuff back to this thread to keep things organized.

Stopping the world!
Old 01-24-2015, 12:46 AM   #605
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane View Post
. . . Still made 400rwhp/420rwtq @4200rpm and 11.57 psi with a TON of tire spin,
Can't imagine you'd be making anywhere near enough power to haze a dyno, what gives?

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 01-24-2015, 09:39 AM   #606
Fast & Filthy

Steve's rollers are worn. I had the same issue when he tuned the Cobra when he tried to make the pulls in 4th gear. He ended up making the pulls in 5th to keep it from spinning.

Guy is going to use my slicks when he goes next time. Hopefully they will not spin.
Old 01-24-2015, 10:10 AM   #607
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Can't imagine you'd be making anywhere near enough power to haze a dyno, what gives?
The car is also pretty light, and I have some shitty 255 hancooks with a 400 wear rating. Its also how the car makes power, since the boost comes on so quick it shocks the tires loose. It shouldn't be a problem next time.

Stopping the world!
Old 01-24-2015, 09:20 PM   #608
pain's fun, hit me again

Waxed it, and registered it.

Then drove it around to make sure everything was ok for tomorrow.

Stopping the world!
Old 04-15-2015, 12:42 AM   #609
pain's fun, hit me again

I've been tinkering with it off and on for the past few months. I finished one of the seats brackets and mounted the new ignition box under the seat.

Also mounted the spare and cut the carpet to fit around the battery box. The tire and jack tools were from the cobra.

Then cleaned the interior and finished mounting 99% of everything and hosed it off to get it preppedish for Knotts this weekend.

Don't know why the floor mat looks so bad, it was a little wet but looks like its trashed

Stopping the world!
Old 04-15-2015, 06:46 AM   #610
Fast & Filthy

Looks great Guy!