Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 12-29-2008, 06:17 PM   #361

Quote:
Originally Posted by big2bird View Post
I already posted links (The two you asked for) about the flexplate and the brake booster. You have yet to respond to those. Answer to those first, and I'll find yet another link to show your wrong. There is no shortage of material.

I must have missed those, maybe I'll have time to go back and read through again tomorrow.

Dep, storing my Corvette in my own garage doesn't cost anything...what storage fee are you talking about?

Old 12-29-2008, 06:22 PM   #362
Heart Attack

I would like to see copies of the work order,bill,and proof of payment for this new furnace. You could of bought a space heater and paid RED back his money that you OWE him.

Old 12-29-2008, 06:29 PM   #363

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdbelanger View Post
Would it be possible to see a photo and scanner receipt of this new heating system?

Just offering ya an opportunity to prove a truthfull statement.

Over 4 grand is an ouch.

Michael.
Not that easy if its not there.

I believe it should have been installed at 2311 Bluff BLVD.

Old 12-29-2008, 06:40 PM   #364

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Old 12-29-2008, 07:13 PM   #365

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_G View Post
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
I agree. Come on guys this is going to small claims court and DB is going to be making payments,let it be.

Old 12-29-2008, 09:34 PM   #366
Heart Attack

Areal man would just pony up the cash,all of it at once,just like the way he received it.

Old 12-30-2008, 01:55 AM   #367
FWD = FAIL

Sweet 37 pages of shit. Just what I like to see.

Old 12-30-2008, 02:23 AM   #368
I, Vettezuki

I just have fun dissecting things sometimes while I'm waiting for toast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrharris32 View Post
Obviously I'm "new" to your community. I am not much for forums, never have been. As an IT man by day I spend my share of time behind the bright light but never really found it worthwhile to spend time "posting" on, or for that matter wasting so much time assessing other peoples lives. In the real world those people are usually women who watch Soaps, gossip, and live off their husbands income.
Apparently not . . . sexist. Back to the IT bit later.

Quote:
I've read all 33 pages of crap here and am amazed, is this what people are spending their time on?

Now, for the biggie that should spark another 30 pages of wasted time and cloaked bitching from guys who wrench on their pet projects and have spent so much time reading GM tech data they believe to be "master mechanics". My name is Matt, and I am a personal friend of DB/Matt...I have been for many many years. Before you fall off your chair I stumbled on this thread during a conversation with DB, he simply recommended it as a good read.
So DB recommenced a good read of crap to waste your time on?

Quote:
I was there the day this man signed up for CF, he was in MY shop on one of the terminals we used to diagnose or obtain tech data for repairs.
So you're an IT guy with your own shop? That's a lot of work.

Quote:
DB is not some half ass sitting behind a computer...this man has put in hundreds upon hundreds of hours turning wrenches.
Mere hundreds? I think I've hit that level and certainly consider myself an amateur.

Quote:
He was my partner for 4 years at a classic car restoration shop . . .
Thought you were an IT guy.

Quote:
where we put together everything from a 77 Charger to an 87 Toyota Pickup...an interesting restore based on the truck shown in the movie "back to the future". The truck belonged to a young man who died, his brother wanted the truck as his brother did...DB being the asshole that he is spent hundreds of hours, 18 hour shifts, etc working on this vehicle so it would be done in time for a very special memorial service. What did he get paid? NOTHING.

Christmas last year we got a plea from a father wanting to give his daughter a vehicle on Christmas, a 99 Tahoe that had belonged to her deceased mother....a bent piston rod and severe bearing damage. This was a paying customer that found us about 7 days before Christmas...one that we provided a beautiful christmas to due to working non-stop for 3 days without a break. DB was there for all of it, sliced up, knuckle busted and still kicking for the sake of a young girl with a dead mother...we made a measly $750 on the job including the cost of parts/machine work.
Let me be clear. Hell, I'll take you at your word. I do charity work and always admonish my young friends to do the same. Guess what I can't do. When I get my mortgage each month I don't get to say, "yeah, sorry I don't have the payment. But you know I volunteered a lot last summer. Will you take partial payment?" That would be met with a polite chuckle I'm sure.

Quote:
I've seen the man build 2 trucks from spare parts that performed beautifully, I've witnessed and worked with him on hundreds of brake jobs, clutch replacements, tranny rebuilds, complete wiring (try doing a full rewire on a 65 Dodge A100 sometime)....
That isn't rarified air here. That's all I'm going to say about that before it gets really lame.

Quote:
you name it, DB and I did it together.
Must . . . resist. . . . temp . . . tation. Bad Vettezuk. Bad.

Quote:
He's one of the most stand up guys I've ever known, guaranteed to be loyal 100% of the time....I can't count the number of times I depended on him when nobody else was willing to help.
I feel a tear trickling down my face. Sadly not everyone seems to have had this experience. They're expressing their opinion, which is coming from a different POV.

Quote:
With that said get off the dual alternators and dual washer systems, I've seen both with my own eyes and they're great. Who cares really? The dual alternator hurts nothing and the dual washer system is just neat....it's for FUN, it's unique. Lighten up...really. It may not be necessary but DB isn't building track cars.
Ok, I actually kinda agree with on this one. I don't get it. But I'm a happy person because I don't go through life needing to understand why everyone does what they do.

Quote:
The crap with the heads...for starters it's between 2 men, not a bunch of people who have nothing better to do on a forum. The heads to be sent were put in care of a machine shop who may or may not have fulfilled it's obligation. We've both used the shop in the past with mixed results, typically they turn out truly quality product and it's worth the wait.
Business tip: Mixed results are shit. Consistency and professionalism are everything. Make that one to live by and you'll be far better off.

Quote:
Bottom line is you all know NOTHING about DB, the man gives away more auto parts than you probably have in your shop, if he had the money or credit to refund he would've done it. Apparently none of you have ever experienced hard times, I know most of the country is doing just peachy right now.
Maybe most of the country is learning a lesson like DB is learning. . . but that's a thread for the P&R Forum.

Ah, toast is done. Peace.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)

Old 12-30-2008, 03:38 AM   #369
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrharris32 View Post
Obviously I'm "new" to your community. I am not much for forums, never have been. As an IT man by day I spend my share of time behind the bright light but never really found it worthwhile to spend time "posting" on, or for that matter wasting so much time assessing other peoples lives. In the real world those people are usually women who watch Soaps, gossip, and live off their husbands income.

I've read all 33 pages of crap here and am amazed, is this what people are spending their time on?

Now, for the biggie that should spark another 30 pages of wasted time and cloaked bitching from guys who wrench on their pet projects and have spent so much time reading GM tech data they believe to be "master mechanics". My name is Matt, and I am a personal friend of DB/Matt...I have been for many many years. Before you fall off your chair I stumbled on this thread during a conversation with DB, he simply recommended it as a good read.

I was there the day this man signed up for CF, he was in MY shop on one of the terminals we used to diagnose or obtain tech data for repairs. DB is not some half ass sitting behind a computer...this man has put in hundreds upon hundreds of hours turning wrenches. He was my partner for 4 years at a classic car restoration shop where we put together everything from a 77 Charger to an 87 Toyota Pickup...an interesting restore based on the truck shown in the movie "back to the future". The truck belonged to a young man who died, his brother wanted the truck as his brother did...DB being the asshole that he is spent hundreds of hours, 18 hour shifts, etc working on this vehicle so it would be done in time for a very special memorial service. What did he get paid? NOTHING.

Christmas last year we got a plea from a father wanting to give his daughter a vehicle on Christmas, a 99 Tahoe that had belonged to her deceased mother....a bent piston rod and severe bearing damage. This was a paying customer that found us about 7 days before Christmas...one that we provided a beautiful christmas to due to working non-stop for 3 days without a break. DB was there for all of it, sliced up, knuckle busted and still kicking for the sake of a young girl with a dead mother...we made a measly $750 on the job including the cost of parts/machine work.

I've seen the man build 2 trucks from spare parts that performed beautifully, I've witnessed and worked with him on hundreds of brake jobs, clutch replacements, tranny rebuilds, complete wiring (try doing a full rewire on a 65 Dodge A100 sometime)....you name it, DB and I did it together.

He's one of the most stand up guys I've ever known, guaranteed to be loyal 100% of the time....I can't count the number of times I depended on him when nobody else was willing to help.

With that said get off the dual alternators and dual washer systems, I've seen both with my own eyes and they're great. Who cares really? The dual alternator hurts nothing and the dual washer system is just neat....it's for FUN, it's unique. Lighten up...really. It may not be necessary but DB isn't building track cars.

The crap with the heads...for starters it's between 2 men, not a bunch of people who have nothing better to do on a forum. The heads to be sent were put in care of a machine shop who may or may not have fulfilled it's obligation. We've both used the shop in the past with mixed results, typically they turn out truly quality product and it's worth the wait.

Bottom line is you all know NOTHING about DB, the man gives away more auto parts than you probably have in your shop, if he had the money or credit to refund he would've done it. Apparently none of you have ever experienced hard times, I know most of the country is doing just peachy right now.

Be glad you have your jobs, quit wasting so much of your life trying to discredit someone else you don't even know (how many hours could you have spent volunteering to actually help someone instead?), and embrace all opinions on automotive maintenance, customization, and troubleshooting. None of us are right 100% of the time, most of the time we ALL have to try things 2, 3, or a 100 times before we get it right...particularly on a classic car. I don't recall any of the threads being referred to as "100% guaranteed accurate answers". We work on old cars, try new things, cuss, and aspire to build things other people cannot...leave it at that.

I welcome any questions on DB, and before any of you geek out I live in Arma, KS, Comcast provides my internet connection...feel free to check me out...you will not find me or pages of posts you can criticize.
Post some pics of your shop, to lend some credibility.

Old 12-30-2008, 07:43 AM   #370

Quote:
Originally Posted by heypal View Post
Sweet 37 pages of shit. Just what I like to see.
I can agree with that but you have to admit its been good for business.Over 5000 views,the largest you guys have had.Hopefully some of you guys have gone over to CF and searched the threads over the past couple of years and seen that the Vettemod boys were hellbent on making everyones life miserable at CF because they couldnt have their way.For instance go look at all posts by 68L71 and you will see when he posted 95 percent of the time it was just to harass.Sourgrapes--if the boys couldnt get their way then no one would have peace.
Another example-Dwncchs cautioned a member to not use his wifes vacuum cleaner to remove remaining gasoline from his tank because it might blow up. The internet smart Twin Turbo chimed in and said (something to the effect) Bullshit it WILL ABSOLUTELY NOT BLOW UP.I think he just wanted to argue with DWncchs.How could you argue that there was the real possibility that it COULD blow up? So what if 9 times out of 10 Mythbusters tried it it didnt blow up-do we know under what conditions this test was performed ? No at least I dont and if it will blow up 1 time out of 10 why would you tell a rookie member its OK to use your 110volt vacuum cleaner to remove highly volatile gasoline from your fuel tank ? Probably because Twin Turbo had been looking for a subject to argue with DWncchs. You ever turned your shop vac on in the dark and seen that ring of fire around the armature ? Fuel vapor and a source of ignition can very well lead to an explosion. I believe DW chose to err on the side of caution and not put the safety of a member asking for advice in jeopardy based on 1 test Mythbusters did. Then when brought up to read the caution labels on your shop vac Twin Turbo changed his approach and blamed the USA for spreading bullshit. Who was spreading bullshit ? Guys do the internet a favor and go to CF and DC and search the archives for these guys posts and see how much of what they have said is the truth. They have come in in numbers and bombarded this forum with their slanted side of the story please go find out the truth so some of this crap can be stopped.