Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 02-01-2010, 08:51 PM   #1
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk
Default F*$# I owe on my taxes :(

I hate taxes, it turns out I owe about $650 to the feds and about $940 to the state

No mod money for me this year

How did everyone else do?
Old 02-01-2010, 08:54 PM   #2
Neanderthal

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post
I hate taxes, it turns out I owe about $650 to the feds and about $940 to the state

Sorry to hear that.

Taxes suck. I haven't done mine yet. But no matter what, I'm not going to owe money.
2016 Nissan Altma
Old 02-01-2010, 10:13 PM   #3

Havent done them yet, but I will definitely owe... no toys for the car either =(
Old 02-02-2010, 01:02 AM   #4
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post

Well, here's the way I look at it. I actually aim to owe about $1g. Why? It's the maximum you can owe before penalties. Why is that good? It means I got to keep the largest amount of my own for the longest period of time.

And look on the bright side, it's just the tiniest whiff of what taxes will be in the future.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 02-02-2010, 08:03 AM   #5

I got back 3500 last year, this year 1600. No mods to the car from this. Gotta get to the dentist, root canal, with no insurance !
Old 02-02-2010, 09:50 AM   #6

I got some unexpected tax credits so I will get a refund from both the feds and state. Usually I will owe a small amount to the feds and get small refund from the state. I try not to get a refund. Actually I would prefer if the government did not do any witholding and everyone has to write a check in April. This way the government would be tarred and feathered every May for wasting our money.

Bob

2003 Honda Accord EX
1973 Datsun 240Z

Old 02-02-2010, 10:05 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdracer73 View Post
I got back 3500 last year, this year 1600. No mods to the car from this. Gotta get to the dentist, root canal, with no insurance !
Have to love paying to be tortured.
Old 02-02-2010, 11:17 AM   #8
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedhead View Post
I got some unexpected tax credits so I will get a refund from both the feds and state. Usually I will owe a small amount to the feds and get small refund from the state. I try not to get a refund. Actually I would prefer if the government did not do any witholding and everyone has to write a check in April. This way the government would be tarred and feathered every May for wasting our money.

Bob

Most people don't realize this is HOW it was up until the 40s (as I recall). That's when the gubment decided it would get first crack at your money even before you see a penny of it.

EDIT: Ah yes, the Current Tax Payment Act of 1943. Of course like many "Progressive Reforms" they use the crisis of war as a cover for instituting a new oppressive system as the people are less likely to resist. I don't want to completely hi-jack Sean's thread, so I branched off on my own little rant.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 02-02-2010, 04:42 PM   #9
That's Mr. Bitch to you.

I am now afraid to do mine I have no write offs and make okay money this sucks Ill do em and let you guys know.
Old 02-02-2010, 08:04 PM   #10
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
I am now afraid to do mine I have no write offs and make okay money this sucks Ill do em and let you guys know.
Just think of all the government pensions, pay offs, subsidies, and well, lots of other things you're paying for. Now realize they're spending far more than we're paying in and what that means as it comes do. Keep it in mind as you work. Neat feeling huh?

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)