Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 07-26-2010, 10:35 AM   #1
I, Vettezuki

Default August Outing to Lytle Creek (Guns)

Click here for the event on the calendar. Let us know if you're going.

Date: August 28
Time: Meet at the Shell Station close to the range at 10:00~. There's also a Del Taco in the complex ,etc. We'll leave there about 10:20~ for the range just up the road. We'll shoot til 1:30 or so.

See here for Lytle Creek info and location.

After shooting we'll go to BJ's in Rancho Coucamounga.

See here for BJ's location.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)

Last edited by Vettezuki : 08-27-2010 at 01:29 PM.
Old 07-26-2010, 06:04 PM   #2

would love to get to make it to one, but would really, REALLY prefer that it be outdoor. Need to get some time in to get my L.E. Dialed in for a CMP match.
Old 07-26-2010, 06:14 PM   #3
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic03SVT View Post
would love to get to make it to one, but would really, REALLY prefer that it be outdoor. Need to get some time in to get my L.E. Dialed in for a CMP match.
You mean dessert? I don't know what an L.E. is, but if it's a Rimfire, Prado has a 50 yard rifle range.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 07-26-2010, 10:21 PM   #4

sounds good. I've got both days open.
Old 07-26-2010, 11:04 PM   #5
pain's fun, hit me again

Lytle Creek and Burro canyon are both outdoor ranges, Lytle Creek is off the 15 near bass pro and burro canyon is in azusa, both are good ranges. Indoor ranges are prado, and the firing line, thats $20 an hour though, but it has A/C
Old 07-26-2010, 11:41 PM   #6
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane View Post
Lytle Creek and Burro canyon are both outdoor ranges, Lytle Creek is off the 15 near bass pro and burro canyon is in azusa, both are good ranges. Indoor ranges are prado, and the firing line, thats $20 an hour though, but it has A/C
I keep hearing scary things about Lytle Creek. Maybe that's history. What's the current 411?

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 07-27-2010, 12:13 AM   #7
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
I keep hearing scary things about Lytle Creek. Maybe that's history. What's the current 411?
Like what? Ive been going for 17 years, and only recall 1 idiot gangbanger looking dude who was rapid firing from the hip and the range master pulled his firearm and stopped the dude, only downside is its far away. Still my favorite range of all.
Old 07-27-2010, 12:45 AM   #8
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Like what? Ive been going for 17 years, and only recall 1 idiot gangbanger looking dude who was rapid firing from the hip and the range master pulled his firearm and stopped the dude, only downside is its far away. Still my favorite range of all.
Like drink'n and shoot'n, and stuff. I'll certainly take your word for it. On our last Angeles Crest run, we ate at Fuddruckers, then my brother and I went to Bass Pros. It's seems like there's something like an attempt at a downtown strip close to BP with places to eat. We could shoot n' eat. Are the lanes fully exposed or is there shade of any kind? I'm mega-hyper white. Seriously I got a little burnt standing in the shade wearing SPF50 last Saturday.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 07-27-2010, 06:58 AM   #9
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Like drink'n and shoot'n, and stuff. I'll certainly take your word for it. On our last Angeles Crest run, we ate at Fuddruckers, then my brother and I went to Bass Pros. It's seems like there's something like an attempt at a downtown strip close to BP with places to eat. We could shoot n' eat. Are the lanes fully exposed or is there shade of any kind? I'm mega-hyper white. Seriously I got a little burnt standing in the shade wearing SPF50 last Saturday.
Oh sure, the entire area is called Lytle Creek, but the Lytle creek shooting range is one of the best run ranges that does NOT tolerate shit like that. The lanes all have shade coverings on them so you're arent in direct sunlight the entire time, tables are bolted down so they are stable when you want to use heavy artillery. For the long range shooter they have a 100yd, 300yd, 500yd, and 1000yd range, skeet range for shot guns and they dont gouge you on ammo like prado does if you need more.
Old 07-27-2010, 11:33 AM   #10
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Oh sure, the entire area is called Lytle Creek, but the Lytle creek shooting range is one of the best run ranges that does NOT tolerate shit like that. The lanes all have shade coverings on them so you're arent in direct sunlight the entire time, tables are bolted down so they are stable when you want to use heavy artillery. For the long range shooter they have a 100yd, 300yd, 500yd, and 1000yd range, skeet range for shot guns and they dont gouge you on ammo like prado does if you need more.
Cool I'll just set it for Lytle Creek. See updated poll for preferred day.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)