Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 06-10-2010, 09:50 AM   #1
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk
Default New car for mom: Subaru Forester!

Well, after looking at options and searching for a while we finally got a new car for mom. We got her a 2009 Subaru Forester with 16k miles. It was tough to find! Subaru's hold their value insanily well and the lighter colors sell fast.

Here are some pics from the ad:

I looked at all the KBB info and the trade in value (lowest number) was $20,500 (suggested retail was about 25k! I called another dealer that had one with more miles and they wouldn't budge off of 23k for theirs). We got it for slightly less than the trade in value

For anyone looking at Subaru's in the future - Irvine Subaru was great. I highly recommend them.
Old 06-10-2010, 09:53 AM   #2
Fast & Filthy

Nice. What is she driving now?
Old 06-10-2010, 11:07 AM   #3
Resident Avatar Gambler

She was driving a beat up old 96 Honda Accord. It's a stick too which is annoying for her. I tried to drive it this morning and it has some semi-serious issues. I'm going to take it to a mechanic this weekend to have it looked over. I may end up replacing my beater car with it depending on what needs to be fixed. It's definitely safer for the baby than the Protege.
Old 06-10-2010, 12:57 PM   #4
I, Vettezuki

Awesome. When my Protege 5 dies as a DD (hopefully many moons from now), a Subie of some form like this would be high on my list.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 06-10-2010, 01:57 PM   #5

I was hoping you'd shake things up for her a little bit....set her free from that plain vanilla suburban honda lifestyle. Something with flames and loud exhaust perhaps.
Old 06-10-2010, 02:22 PM   #6
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunfish View Post
I was hoping you'd shake things up for her a little bit....set her free from that plain vanilla suburban honda lifestyle. Something with flames and loud exhaust perhaps.
This might be a little over the top, but more this direction?

She should come out sometime and roll with her pa in the Bimmer. You know, he's still the only one to get a ticket on any of our cruises.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 06-10-2010, 02:39 PM   #7
Resident Avatar Gambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunfish View Post
LOL. I really love the Forester actually - it has a lot personality. We drove CRV's, and while they're a great vehicle, they have no soul.
Old 06-11-2010, 12:55 PM   #8

I guess great minds really do think alike. Other than the NAV ours is identical. One word of warning- the paint is for sh*t, super thin and very easily scratched thru to bare metal. That and a little more road noise than we'd like are the only complaints we have after more than 35k.
Old 06-11-2010, 01:17 PM   #9

We also bought ours at Irvine Subaru. They are great people and it turns out that our daughter-in-law used to babysit the owners kids!
Old 06-11-2010, 01:22 PM   #10
Resident Avatar Gambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsteichen View Post
I guess great minds really do think alike. Other than the NAV ours is identical. One word of warning- the paint is for sh*t, super thin and very easily scratched thru to bare metal. That and a little more road noise than we'd like are the only complaints we have after more than 35k.
Yeah, sorry about the blatant copying. We looked at lots of options and my mom liked the Subaru BY FAR the best. It's simply the best vehicle in that class for the money I think.