Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 04-17-2009, 01:16 AM   #1
I, Vettezuki

Default Wanna play some ball

After a year of hiatus I have returned to the diamond. I think we have a couple openings for position/utility players.

Hardball: Yes, real baseball

Level: 18A. This means very open 18 years and older. Don't know this year, new league, new teams. In past it has ranged from almost beginners, very amateur, to guys on their way to the minors.

Team Name: The Mullets (think hair, not fish)

Claim to Fame: Led the league in felony convictions 2003-2005. Runner up several years. League Champions 2008.

Costs: $150-180 for 10 games, plus playoffs. Uniform ($50~ or less) and umpires fees $7~ per game extra. Opportunity for tournament play if interested, such as Vegas. NOTE: It's a wood bat league, so if you don't have one, you'll need one. Cheap ones that break run $40-50. Good composite bats that don't really break (much) run from abut $80-$130.

It really is a hell of a lot of fun, a great way to get some sun and exercise and old fashioned two-digit IQ Baseball fun. Yee ha!

Reply to this thread or PM me if interested.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 04-17-2009, 08:13 AM   #2

Send a message via AIM to SexyLxy

How funny that you bring this up b/c I was just thinking about it the other day.

Where do you play at again?

Is it an all "male" team?
Old 04-17-2009, 09:48 AM   #3
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by SexyLxy View Post
How funny that you bring this up b/c I was just thinking about it the other day.

Where do you play at again?

Is it an all "male" team?
We play around OC. There is no rule barring chicks, I mean ladies. And while I've never seen one out there, I'm sure some former softballers could hang.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 04-17-2009, 10:26 PM   #4

Let me know if you guys have a 1st base spot or mid/long relief hole that needs fillin...Been missin baseball of late. Id strongly consider gettin back to it.
Old 05-01-2009, 01:16 AM   #5
I, Vettezuki

Sorry for not getting back sooner. Turns out we have a full roster. Last Saturday was my first game in about 18 months or so. Naturally I caught the best pitcher in my life. Left handed, five pitches probably hits low 90s with the big heater, everything moves. 21 Ks, and fielded 3 outs in the 9th from the mound. Yeah, we won. My hand, not so much. (He doesn't represent the average pitcher BTW, obviously.)

If you have a hankering to play, you wont' regret it. Here's the league:
http://www.pcbl.org/

I think they're considering forming another team or two. Contact them, let them know you want to play Saturday, OC, Woodbat, 18A and maybe we can face off some day.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 05-29-2009, 03:42 PM   #6

hey what about a Cali Generalz vs. Motorgen friendly match up???? lol
01 Camaro SS #4488 430RWHP
01 Corvette C5 Stock
Old 05-29-2009, 04:04 PM   #7
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS1BLKSS View Post
hey what about a Cali Generalz vs. Motorgen friendly match up???? lol
Hardball? Not sure we could field a full team, but it's something to consider.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 05-29-2009, 04:56 PM   #8
Neanderthal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Why not??? I played hardball for 8 years.
2016 Nissan Altma
Old 06-01-2009, 11:09 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
yes hardball! we had a game last month it was pretty fun it was before our month meet i'll see if we have another game and i'll invite you guys to come and join us
01 Camaro SS #4488 430RWHP
01 Corvette C5 Stock