Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 09-17-2013, 07:18 PM   #1

Thumbs up Willow Springs track day Wed, OCT 9! 25 cars tops

Hey guys, been a while since I've been on here Soooo... private rental track day coming up next month. We still have a few slots to fill! Here is the lowdown, hope you can make it. PM me or post here.

One thing you have to realize about this track day: there is hardly any traffic!!!! No one to get in your way or tailgate you, you can drive as fast/slow or any many/not so many laps as you want! If you are sorting a car out this is actually a great place to do that. I've done a few events with these guys over the years and they are an awesome crowd.

Aaaaaannnndddd BTW, all of you corvette guys out there: the guys putting this on are Vette dudes. Carbon C6 Z06 and a ZR1. Pretty awesome.

Hi all,
Thank you to all of you that have responded and signed up.
There are 5 spots still available. If you can make it, but have not signed up, please do so. Also, if you know of anyone that would be interested but is not on our list please feel free to invite them to join us.
I will send out the itinerary next week or so.

Track Day Details;
Track - Willow Springs (big track)

The price per car is $225.00
this is a small event, no more than 25 cars. so you get a lot of track time.
in the morning, i usually split the group in two and run two 20 minute sessions until about ten o'clock, then the track goes hot and that's how we run the rest of the day.

convertibles are allowed as long as they have a factory installed roll
bar or pop-ups and factory seat belts in working condition. after
market roll protection must be accompanied by a 5-point harness.

NO passengers. this is a very fast track and the insurance does not
allow for ride alongs. With that said, there may be passengers giving or receiving instruction. This must be coordinated with me and the starter.
helmet is required, DOT or Snell rated.

fuel center will be available

paddock diner will be available

fire/rescue will be onsite (9am to 5pm)

we will have a starter and 3 corner workers.

2001 DC4 Acura Integra
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 09-17-2013, 09:59 PM   #2
Internet Tough Guy

Nice, I will see if I can get he car together in time.
2009 Jetta Auto 2.5 liter
Old 09-17-2013, 10:26 PM   #3
I, Vettezuki

That sounds really well sorted and awful nice for just $225. My C3 has a cam knock (probably) that needs to be sorted, and not sure an event like this would be good for a first event, getting in the way and all, but maybe next time around. Maybe I'll come out with video, especially if several MG lads roll.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 09-18-2013, 05:55 AM   #4

Cool

No worries guys. Pm me your email address, your "real" name, basic info on your car and you will be on the track organizers email list. These guys try to do two events a year.... or whenever the itch comes around at any rate, there will be many more to come.

There's a couple GTO guys i know on here too... jon and george. Would love to get u guys out sometime.

2001 DC4 Acura Integra

Old 09-18-2013, 06:00 AM   #5

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 View Post
Nice, I will see if I can get he car together in time.
Even if the vette isn't ready the rustang would be a blast

Seriously, they are pretty awesome straight from the factory. We should have one guy out there with a BAWSS 302.

2001 DC4 Acura Integra

Old 09-18-2013, 06:13 AM   #6

Paddock wkaround a few months ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gm0l...e_gdata_player

2001 DC4 Acura Integra

Old 09-18-2013, 11:18 PM   #7

Ahhh..! Damn, I need another track day too. Hey Mike, when is this?
Old 09-18-2013, 11:24 PM   #8
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redondo Jon View Post
I'm running with Wednesday, October 9th.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 09-19-2013, 10:22 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redondo Jon View Post
Hey jon wow its been foever. Yeah I know its in the middle of the week and it is tough for anyone with a normal job to get out. Hope you and george and gabe can make it.

2001 DC4 Acura Integra

Old 09-19-2013, 11:18 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
I'm running with Wednesday, October 9th.
“Willow Springs track day Wed, OCT 9! 25 cars tops”
Senior moment.
I’m going to do my best to wriggle free of what’s already set in stone for me. That day in particular is going to be tough but I’ll try. I’ll know more in a few of days.