Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 01-27-2010, 04:33 PM   #1

Default Hello from newbie

Saw the cross post on the gto forums for your next cruise and decided to take a look at the forum. I liked what I saw in cross section of different vehicles and the fact you guys basically do what vehicles were intended to do which is to “drive them”. I hope to make the February cruise. I am in the San Diego area. My current ride is a 04 gto with mods to stop, turn and accelerate better then stock.

older pic-

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Because when you get down to it the thrill of high performance driving is unmatched by anything that doesn't have rear-wheel drive, bags of torque and a nice transmission."- Bob Lutz
Old 01-27-2010, 05:26 PM   #2

Welcome to another new person, where did you take that picture?
Old 01-27-2010, 05:38 PM   #3
Fast & Filthy

Welcome. So what mods do you have? The 2004 was the 5.7, correct? I think that is the year my buddies is but he now has twin turbos on it.
Old 01-27-2010, 05:47 PM   #4

Talked to a guy from San Diego at Irwindale one night, said he was a GM tuner. Wasn't you was it? lol

Welcome
Old 01-27-2010, 05:51 PM   #5
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Car looks great. My youngest brother is talking about picking up an LS2 GTO. I see you're a collinite dealer as well. I just got a Porter Cable and need to get some product. I may hit you up for advice when the time comes.
Old 01-27-2010, 06:00 PM   #6
I, Vettezuki

Welcome aboard. I think we may begin approaching having enough members down in SD to maybe put a cruise together down there some day. If you have any cool routes, send them to SeanPlunk.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 01-27-2010, 06:07 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiSSa View Post
Welcome to another new person, where did you take that picture?
Lake Hemet of last year around Feb, there was still light snow from the week before i think. That actually has a great twisty route/roads to get to it.

and

"Because when you get down to it the thrill of high performance driving is unmatched by anything that doesn't have rear-wheel drive, bags of torque and a nice transmission."- Bob Lutz
Old 01-27-2010, 06:10 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
Welcome. So what mods do you have? The 2004 was the 5.7, correct? I think that is the year my buddies is but he now has twin turbos on it.
I like to keep the mods close to my vest so to speak. It is the ls1, it sounds stock and am around the higher mid 300 in wheel power. I got stoptech/bear brakes and a lot of suspension mods to get this fat boat to handle better. I am really about the twisties and not the 1320 with my daily driver. Though the cars payment free now and I may go engine crazy soon.

and

Old 01-27-2010, 06:10 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRIAN View Post
Talked to a guy from San Diego at Irwindale one night, said he was a GM tuner. Wasn't you was it? lol

Welcome
Nope not me, though i do have a copy of HP Tuners.

and

Old 01-27-2010, 06:12 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post
Car looks great. My youngest brother is talking about picking up an LS2 GTO. I see you're a collinite dealer as well. I just got a Porter Cable and need to get some product. I may hit you up for advice when the time comes.
Collinite makes some great wax. Just keep in mind they don't really have any abrasive polishes you would want to use with a PC. Hit me up for any questions you have and also I'll be happy to send you a sample of some of the Collinite products.

and