Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 05-26-2009, 05:43 PM   #31
Internet Tough Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Sean has floated the idea, and it makes some sense, of maybe separating into two broad groups.

I shall call them:
Group A - Dukes of Hazard
Group B - Driving Miss Daisy

You get the idea. I know BADDASS wants to push a little. I push a little. Nothing so extreme or dangerously illegal, just a little fun. But some are just out for a nice relaxing cruise.

What say ya'lls?

Don't blame me! I will be well inside of the speedlimit. My goal is to enjoy the beutiful mountain scenery.
Old 05-26-2009, 05:44 PM   #32
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post
. . . In fact, I'm planning on being in Group B probably
I think that's best for everyone.

Depending, maybe we'll even do three groups as I honestly think I'd fall somewhere in between. We'll see.

Anyway, it's just an idea. You can get blocked real easy on these roads and there are often police looking for trouble makers, so there isn't going to be any Gumball action.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 05-26-2009, 05:50 PM   #33
I, Vettezuki

I'll clean this up, but this is basically the route I'm thinking of taking. I will try my darndest to pre-run it and take notes for the day of.

C is where we had to turn around last time. It is now supposedly open all the way through. Unfortunately, that little connector right there to the 39 isn't open because that'd be bad ass. Still, the total run is about the same as last time in length (slightly longer) with no back tracking.

Note: I map the 605 - 210 instead of 5 up to the 2 for two reasons. One) There is a lot of traffic going up through LA on the 5 so it's not much faster even though it's shorter. Two) it's much more motorcycle friendly because it doesn't have those crazy interchanges and nutty LA traffic.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 05-26-2009, 06:37 PM   #34

Seems like you're expecting a bunch of bikes with your posts....?

The 2 groups would be a good idea.. but i think it will happen naturally. I guarantee one group will be a good 10mins + ahead of the last person when we stop up off the 210
Old 05-26-2009, 06:41 PM   #35
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 View Post
Don't blame me! I will be well inside of the speedlimit. My goal is to enjoy the beutiful mountain scenery.
I remember when you almost became part of the mountain scenery.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 05-26-2009, 06:45 PM   #36
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalC55 View Post
Seems like you're expecting a bunch of bikes with your posts....?

The 2 groups would be a good idea.. but i think it will happen naturally. I guarantee one group will be a good 10mins + ahead of the last person when we stop up off the 210
Not expecting so much, just making room. last year we had three. They obviously move at a totally different rate through the mountains. I did have to push to even sort of keep up. See film.

Carlos is right though. If you keep near the speed limit through the mountains, you're moving pretty good actually. A decreasing radius off-camber ascending curve is plenty fun at or (well below) the speed limit.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 05-26-2009, 06:58 PM   #37
Internet Tough Guy

Quote:
I remember when you almost became part of the mountain scenery.
My car never wants to stay straight on third gear burnouts. THat damned IRS.
Oh well. I did get a great view of ALL the other cars in my rear view mirror.

I don't know what happens, but as soon as there was a slight bend in the road you guys were going so slow.
Old 05-26-2009, 08:11 PM   #38
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
My car never wants to stay straight on third gear burnouts. THat damned IRS.
Oh well. I did get a great view of ALL the other cars in my rear view mirror.

I don't know what happens, but as soon as there was a slight bend in the road you guys were going so slow.
I was never right behind you pumpkin. I was following the bikes on the way up which we're going a helluva lot faster. Otherwise I was blocked by Fords. You know how it is.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 05-26-2009, 08:16 PM   #39
Internet Tough Guy

Quote:
I was never right behind you pumpkin. I was following the bikes on the way up which we're going a helluva lot faster. Otherwise I was blocked by Fords. You know how it is.
The fact that you were following and the fact that they were bikes means they are slow.. I admit that they can make it around the traffic faster, but that is it.
Old 05-26-2009, 08:37 PM   #40
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
The fact that you were following and the fact that they were bikes means they are slow.. I admit that they can make it around the traffic faster, but that is it.
They weren't; I'm just that good. Actually I started to loose my nerve towards the end and let them run off. While they had more on the table my lil' ole Vette (in my hands at least) was at the edge of comfort.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)