Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 08-04-2009, 10:25 AM   #41
I, Vettezuki

enkeivette came over last night and picked up the wiring harness which he managed to sell. Bit by bit we'll get some money together. Thanks Adam.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 08-17-2009, 09:32 PM   #42
I, Vettezuki

Went to the scrap yard today and got $150, thanks bird! This is literally exactly what we need for getting the bearing plate repaired.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 08-27-2009, 11:38 AM   #43
Power's off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Went to the scrap yard today and got $150, thanks bird! This is literally exactly what we need for getting the bearing plate repaired.
No problemo. We need to see Hal, Pete at Tops, and maybe Terry Okuda for some free paint. I bet we could get some if your not too pickey about the color.
Old 08-27-2009, 01:43 PM   #44
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by big2bird View Post
No problemo. We need to see Hal, Pete at Tops, and maybe Terry Okuda for some free paint. I bet we could get some if your not too pickey about the color.

Actually, we've got a good hookup on paint, but at least the rad and gauages will be very beneficial. Hopefully we can work something out. First I want to get the blower back in working order, then the trans bits, then the rest of the engine stuff so it can be reassembled. At that point we'll have an engine/trans and I can turn attentiont to the rear, then suspension, wheels and tires. And finally complete the body paint interior, wiring.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 08-27-2009, 04:01 PM   #45
Super Moderator

We need to paint the engine bay before you install the engine, if you're going to cry about color matching the engine bay. Which I assume you will.
Old 08-27-2009, 11:27 PM   #46
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
We need to paint the engine bay before you install the engine, if you're going to cry about color matching the engine bay. Which I assume you will.
I don't cry, I demand. Probably there will be some test fits in an out a time or two before going to paint.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 08-28-2009, 08:53 PM   #47
Power's off.

ben,
I'll have some more scrap metal for you Sunday. Only cost me $4,200. My rooftop A/C quit. I have to scrap the old one. There IS alot of aluminum. Maybe when we see Chuck again, you can pick it up.
Old 08-29-2009, 02:18 AM   #48
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by big2bird View Post
ben,
I'll have some more scrap metal for you Sunday. Only cost me $4,200. My rooftop A/C quit. I have to scrap the old one. There IS alot of aluminum. Maybe when we see Chuck again, you can pick it up.
Sounds mui bueno.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 09-14-2009, 01:08 AM   #49
I, Vettezuki

Picked up a bunch more scrap from bird today and sold the 13b + 5 speed. The guy we sold the motor was darned interesting. Retired engineer living mostly in the Philippines, he tinkers and adapts these rotaries for aviation use. We're going to get some pics and upload them for your viewing pleasure.

This is one of the things I really like about projects like this, you get to meet some interesting people while having fun.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 09-14-2009, 06:52 PM   #50
Power's off.

I went by Chucks today. he still hasn't done the welding, since he is swamped. I suspect this week I'll get it to John, and see if he is up to the task.