Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 06-21-2008, 01:30 PM   #1
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk
Default Changing Battery in Wife's Car in 103 degree heat for the loss!!!

My wife's car finally had her battery go today(Battery was 5 years old). Changing it out wasn't so bad, but my God it's hot outside. You start sweating if you're standing outside for more than 30 sec Stupid California weather
Old 06-21-2008, 02:29 PM   #2
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post
My wife's car finally had her battery go today(Battery was 5 years old). Changing it out wasn't so bad, but my God it's hot outside. You start sweating if you're standing outside for more than 30 sec Stupid California weather

I had Triathlon training this morning: 90 minutes bike 30 minutes run. 60 minutes on the bike was hill repeats 4x13 minute climbs with what felt like going straight up under the sun on asphalt. It wasn't so bad, maybe only 90 something; once you're moving (downhill) and sweating it's oook. Probably standing in front of a hot metal car would be more unpleasant.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 06-21-2008, 08:04 PM   #3

Ya Big bunch a babies! How about a little Arizona love?
Old 06-21-2008, 10:58 PM   #4
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunfish View Post
Ya Big bunch a babies! How about a little Arizona love?
I grew up in Norco, where it cracks 120 several times a summer. But I have some friends who live in Phoenix who say it's pretty much an inferno for a couple months out of the year.

Anyway, I was on my bike and running, not just changing a battery . . . that's sissy time.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 06-22-2008, 03:34 PM   #5
Super Moderator

Try scrubbing a way at your deck surface with a scotch brite pad for hours in a poorly ventilated garage.
Old 06-22-2008, 03:38 PM   #6
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
Try scrubbing a way at your deck surface with a scotch brite pad for hours in a poorly ventilated garage.
Have you considered a fan?

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 06-22-2008, 05:17 PM   #7
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Have you considered a fan?
Yes, takes her down from about 110 to 100 degrees.
Old 06-22-2008, 10:25 PM   #8

Send a message via AIM to SexyLxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post
No I'm just glad that the Easy Lube people got me mixed up with the other escape that was there as well and I ended up paying for the other car.

(I dropped my car off at the place, walked over to Vons to get a car wash coupon and come back to find my car in the same place with the hood up and the workers telling me that my car was completed and all I needed was wiper blades. I quickly declined and went inside to pay and walked out to my car, and they looked at me and went....oh you are the car with the battery that won't start.....I was like DOH! I should have gone with my intuition about getting a battery this month. We I'm just very thankful that I didn't have it die on me at track.)

So a nice guy jumped me and I got the car home and we went over to Walmart to check the selection...yeah they aren't cheep for my car. $75....I should have just purchased the battery that was available across the street for $3 more but little did me know that they would be about the same price. Oh well, I have a new battery, and the car is running
Old 06-23-2008, 02:48 PM   #9
A Motorgen O.G.

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
Working in a 72 degree A/C office FTW.
Old 06-23-2008, 03:06 PM   #10
Neanderthal

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorruptCulture View Post
Working in a 72 degree A/C office FTW.
My office is 74*.
2016 Nissan Altma